Player Discussion Anthony Richard - Should he be called up?

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
At the beginning, I was reluctant to waive Pezzetta. But now, I don't mind at all. I'm even happy if a team claims him, so a spot will be opened for Richard, Pitlick, Ylonen or even Harve-Pinard.

• Wow
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
At the beginning, I was reluctant to waive Pezzetta. But now, I don't mind at all. I'm even happy if a team claims him, so a spot will be opened for Richard, Pitlick, Ylonen or even Harve-Pinard.

Pez has been one of our better players the last few games, always hitting, hustling and really giving it out there. Last thing this team needs is to get softer and more pathetic by letting Pitlick, Ylonen or HP join the squad. Pez isn't a liability out there at all, he's been good. Pitlick is brutal, can't even handle a pass.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Pez has been one of our better players the last few games, always hitting, hustling and really giving it out there. Last thing this team needs is to get softer and more pathetic by letting Pitlick, Ylonen or HP join the squad. Pez isn't a liability out there at all, he's been good. Pitlick is brutal, can't even handle a pass.
What exactly does him chasing the puck out there all the time like a chicken without a head brings to the table?

He's absolutely useless, just a clock killer body.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
What exactly does him chasing the puck out there all the time like a chicken without a head brings to the table?

He's absolutely useless, just a clock killer body.

Yet he is outscoring Pitlick, the useless plug you want to replace him with and Armia. It doesn't take much to outperform the bottom players on this club, and at least he brings energy. What does Pitlick or Armia bring?

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Pitlick is currently the worse player on the team!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yet he is outscoring Pitlick, the useless plug you want to replace him with and Armia. It doesn't take much to outperform the bottom players on this club, and at least he brings energy. What does Pitlick or Armia bring?
We're talking about Anthony Richard here, not Pitlick.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
He came out into his own this year only; before that, he wasn't lightning it up. I understand your point, but isn't it better for him to dominate the AHL, isn't it premature to call him up? I think maybe next training camp he gets a chance to make the team?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
He's not a regular NHL'er. Yet the way they play, so isn't Pitlick, Pezzetta, Dadonov, Evans and even Drouin....

Reward the effort. Call him up.
He's not and he wasn't, but maybe he can become one.

He's so fast. To me it seems the way he plays fits very well with how the direction the league is taking. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he becomes a regular NHLer and can contribute his fair amount of points sooner than later.

He needs to be recalled yesterday. Make space.

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's not and he wasn't, but maybe he can become one.

He's so fast. To me it seems the way he plays fits very well with how the direction the league is taking. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he becomes a regular NHLer and can contribute his fair amount of points sooner than later.

He needs to be recalled yesterday. Make space.
I have been one of those who thought he was and always will be AHL fodder. Now I am not so sure.
Another multiple point game last night. Late bloomer?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I have been one of those who thought he was and always will be AHL fodder. Now I am not so sure.
Another multiple point game last night. Late bloomer?
A comparable would be Paul Byron. Byron had a few more games in the NHL at the same age that Richard is now, but not much more. He established himself at 24 and he didn't burn the AHL like Richard is doing right now. It wouldn't be unheard of for a guy his age to breakthrough.

Reactions: Canad13ns and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A comparable would be Paul Byron. Byron had a few more games in the NHL at the same age that Richard is now, but not much more. He established himself at 24 and he didn't burn the AHL like Richard is doing right now. It wouldn't be unheard of for a guy his age to breakthrough.
He can flat out skate. Maybe he has developed his game good enough to be another Derek Ryan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad