Player Discussion Anthony DeAngelo (Mod warning in OP and post 197. READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Pretty intriguing player with a skill set we really need.

Where do you think he slots in the line-up?

MOD WARNING: After two warnings in the trade acquisition thread as well as two warnings in this thread, many of you still don't want to listen. So here are the rules. If you discuss anything other than this kids ability to play hockey, you will be infracted/threadbanned/possibly worse. No more leniency. Any references to his twitter, his past, or anything not relevant to hockey are going to be deleted and you will feel the repercussions. We don't care how passive the reference may be. Stick to hockey.

And to those that want to tip toe the line, don't say we didn't warn you.

In my 10 years on these boards I don't know that I have been more disappointed in my fellow Rangers fans.

-- Gardner McKay

Last edited by a moderator:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Battles for 3RD. Needs to get his **** together. We know how AV evaluates young talent. If they clash, his tenure as a Ranger could be very short-lived.

As far as I'm concerned, the things he's done in the past are in the past. Clean slate as a Ranger.

Put it together.

Stepan died for this.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I think he'll start with 3rd minutes and a bit of PP time until AV gets a good handle on how he plays.
Unless he absolutely dominates camp and we only bring in 1 other Dman (i.e. Smith)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I'm not handing him 2nd pair minutes. If he earns them with his play then great. But for me, it's 3rd pair plus maximum PP time to start.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I can very easily see him get Clendo'd or Etem'd, now that I think about it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV will probably bench him if he start a bar brawl - I`m unsure if he dedicated enough to be a pro. player in NHL. :)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I can't see that. This organization gave up a huge piece in order to land him.

Plus he's just flat out much more talented than both of those guys. As long as he stays out of trouble, he'll play.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
depends on who we sign in free agency on defense. right now hed be slotted pretty high up with smith unsigned.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Battles for 3RD. Needs to get his **** together. We know how AV evaluates young talent. If they clash, his tenure as a Ranger could be very short-lived.

As far as I'm concerned, the things he's done in the past are in the past. Clean slate as a Ranger.

Put it together.

Stepan died for this.

I agree with all of this, but for the battles for 3RD part. The more I think about it, the more I think that with the combination of the Girardi buyout and the fact that he was obviously a larger part of the return for Stepan than I initially realized, they've acquired him to have him play. The ARI fans who came over to report on him post trade were actually complimentary of his play, including his defense (the linesman thing was obviously something else again).

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
AV will probably bench him if he start a bar brawl - I`m unsure if he dedicated enough to be a pro. player in NHL. :)

Not saying you are wrong, because I don't know nearly enough about him but when you say not dedicated enough do you mean along the lines of he doesn't put in at training, or he doesn't train during the offseason and just sits on the couch eating hotdogs, or he doesn't try during the games because he just wants a pay check? or is it relating to something else?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Pardon me for my excitement but I am looking forward to seeing this kid play. An actual young RHD with a serious skill set. The only tangible thing we will get to see in 2017-2018 for losing our number 1 center and pretty good backup. He better play and I have no problem giving him huge amounts of pp time but unfortunately Mcdonagh will still probably get first pp minutes

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wow another non-AV thread quickly turning into lets bash the coach thread lol

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He's gonna play, they didn't trade Stepan and Raanta for a guy to sit in the press box. AV ain't gonna have a say in this unless D'Angelo really sucks bad

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
My gut tells me his mouth and attitude is going to be a major distraction and cause his progress to constantly be pushed back. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's going to a circus.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

It's not that farfetched to talk about the historic use of Dmen under a coach while discussing how we think a new Dean will be used...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I mean, he has 39 NHL games in his career. Defensemen with similar strengths and weaknesses have struggled to get ice time under AV. Are we supposed to believe he's a lock for regular minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad