Post-Game Talk: Another OT Win

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Classy by the Wings to stay on the ice for Eddie.

Not sure if your broadcast is still showing it, but he's getting stretchered off the ice.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Great win because it was Mantha and AA who got us there. I'm always happy when Tatar scores.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
aside from mcdavid, is there anyone better at controlling the puck at high speeds than AA?

It's unreal. I can't recall seeing anyone so steady on the breakaway despite being so fast. Not even Datsyuk had this kind of execution. Maybe Bure? But I don't recall much of him. Was too young.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Great win because it was Mantha and AA who got us there. I'm always happy when Tatar scores.

Yup. Don't even care about picking up points when I get to watch an exciting game where the kids produce.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I'm glad the Wings are battling it out until the bitter end. I hope we win out. We may draft lower, but hopefully the Hockey Gods will take that into consideration and we get a great player no matter where we pick.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tough to be super excited by the win when you see Lack down like that.

Liked the guys compete level, they have been playing hard even if they aren't playing for the high stakes they are used to.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
AA so fast that a hit to the head like that is gonna hurt. Damn.

Great showing by who else, Mantha and AA. Good for them. Good for Tatar and Nyquist too.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I was worried Tatar and Nyquist wouldn't hit 40. Now they're poised to best last year's totals...Putting Z between them has done wonders. So has Tatar's impending contract negotiations.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Yup. Don't even care about picking up points when I get to watch an exciting game where the kids produce.

If we want to become competitive again we need players like AA and Mantha to become elite. They should both be playing 20 minutes a night and given every opportunity to succeed. If we win because of it, that's a good thing.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If we want to become competitive again we need players like AA and Mantha to become elite. They should both be playing 20 minutes a night and given every opportunity to succeed. If we win because of it, that's a good thing.

Well, we need someone to be elite. Doesn't have to be AA or Mantha. Given their age, it's not likely they'll ever reach the level we need them to be to be competitive. Usually you can tell by the time they're 22 if they're going to be elite or not.

That said they're both extremely competent players who would be welcome on most teams. And not in a grinding role, but in a role where they can make a difference.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
aside from mcdavid, is there anyone better at controlling the puck at high speeds than AA?

Nope, I don't think there is.

There are other real good ones (Crosby, Mackinnon, Hoffman, Drouin, Eichel, Gaudreau, Kane) but I think AA is #2.

I honestly have no idea what kind of potential both AA and Mantha have. Looks like Mantha could score 40 at some point, I wonder if AA has 60+ point potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad