Half-Assed GDT: Another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I went through a stage where I wanted to trade Petro for Draisaitl +, but I am finally realizing our D would suffer without him. He's way too important back there.

Missing Steen is also critial. Petro isn't a great net front presence. Which is where they scored

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
Elliott = "bad goal"

Allen = "they got lucky"

Always my favorite double standard with certain Blues fans.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
No idea what Tarasenko is doing there. Just gave the puck away with a lazy no look pass. Lol

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Quick thought on the Reaves hit... So if every player that went into the boards just stays facing the boards, then nobody would even check you?

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Let's remember our last playoff series win was with Elliot in net.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm gonna start calling those "game 5" goals.

Oh that's good lol

Quick thought on the Reaves hit... So if every player that went into the boards just stays facing the boards, then nobody would even check you?
Yes but it's a grey area on that. You cant have guys drilling players from behind while they are getting the puck, in this case. It's all on Reaves. Tennisen didn't quickly turn, he maintained his angle. I would think Reaves was going for his side but got all back.

How would this be solved? I could see the refs saying oh well if you purposely turn into the boards to avoid the check, but there are plays that require you facing the boards

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Decent period but it's gonna be a hell of an uphill climb to get this one. Too bad Elliott let in that ultra weak goal right after Tarasenko scored to kill all the momentum

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Oh that's good lol

Yes but it's a grey area on that. You cant have guys drilling players from behind while they are getting the puck, in this case. It's all on Reaves. Tennisen didn't quickly turn, he maintained his angle. I would think Reaves was going for his side but got all back.

How would this be solved? I could see the refs saying oh well if you purposely turn into the boards to avoid the check, but there are plays that require you facing the boards

That's a good point.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Your disappointment in losing Elliott and watching Allen are overlapping.

What are you talk about? Only Elliott gives up bad goals. There's no way that could have possibly been Allen. Ha. Allen letting in that goal. Can you imagine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad