Andrew "The Hamburglar" Hammond - "Robble Robble"

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don't have a horse in this, but we haven't played defense in front of Hammond in a long ass time the way we played the last few games.

Hammonds luck is all catching up with him, the ying and yang of the hockey gods. He was injured before the season started last year, he gets scored on his 1st shot this year and goes down a few minutes later.

Hockey gods have to keep a balance in the hockey world after all.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hammonds luck is all catching up with him, the ying and yang of the hockey gods. He was injured before the season started last year, he gets scored on his 1st shot this year and goes down a few minutes later.

Hockey gods have to keep a balance in the hockey world after all.

He was injured on the last shot of the period in his second game from what the team said, so if by a few mins you mean ~20 mins into the next game, sure.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He was injured on the last shot of the period in his second game from what the team said, so if by a few mins you mean ~20 mins into the next game, sure.

Yes sorrry, forgot the got lit up by Detroit part.

Hammond benched Anderson with his play a couple of years ago, now Condon is trying to bench him. The unforgiveness of 'the what have you done for me lately league.'

Glad Boucher has openly stated he is just a slave to winning and performance. Hammond is owed and deserves nothing, same with Condon, so it comes down to who can get us points.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Are you really from Toronto or live in Toronto and still a sens fan?

Impressive my friend.

Toronto for me too

The last 15 years. My son has convinced a few of his friends to be Sens fans over the last few years, to the dismay of their parents... :laugh: (although with the leafs rebuild, a lot will switch back soom)

Condon vs Hammond is great! I hope the two strive to compete for starts!

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Toronto for me too

The last 15 years. My son has convinced a few of his friends to be Sens fans over the last few years, to the dismay of their parents... :laugh: (although with the leafs rebuild, a lot will switch back soom)

Tell your son to keep spreading the sens love!:handclap:

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Impressive my friend.

Born just outside of Toronto but I grew up hating the Leafs. The Sens were the first non-Leafs game I saw live back in their old ****** days in the mid 90s, and they got killed that game. But I enjoyed the experience anyway and they became my team.

Got into a lot of arguments with schoolmates the whole time though. :laugh:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

Impressive my friend.

I was in the heart of Leaf territory for 3 of our 4 playoff losses. If anything it strengthens your resolve and makes more of a fan of anyone but the leafs.

Was thinking about this earlier, although I don't like the habs, I could still see myself potentially wanting them to win if they made the finals. Because of my experience in Leafs territory I can't ever want anything good to happen to them. Ever.

Toronto for me too

Your son is a hero. I'm trying to do the same here, but nobody really knows anything about hockey. If you ever see a bunch of Koreans in Canada chanting Go Sens Go, you'll know who started that.

EVER.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Born just outside of Toronto but I grew up hating the Leafs. The Sens were the first non-Leafs game I saw live back in their old ****** days in the mid 90s, and they got killed that game. But I enjoyed the experience anyway and they became my team.

Got into a lot of arguments with schoolmates the whole time though. :laugh:

Same here man.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Things will hit rock bottom for Andrew Hammond when the local McDonalds takes away his free burgers for life privilege in order to give it to Mike Condon.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
According to tsn, the ham burglar is out for the rest of the season. He will require surgery on his hip.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I think this will likely be the end of his NHL career. Too bad, I'll always fondly remember the historic ride he took us on!

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Too bad. I hope Hammond gets back to the form he showed during his Hamburglar run. I think he can.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Any word on what's happening with his Lalime mask? The true disappointment in all of this, that bad boy deserves some spotlight!

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I've said this since day one.

I sincerely hope he got good advice and invested every penny he could from that contract, because he won the lottery with that cinderella run and two year deal.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
I've said this since day one.

I sincerely hope he got good advice and invested every penny he could from that contract, because he won the lottery with that cinderella run and two year deal.

The Sens gave him a three year deal lol. He got term AND money based on like a ~30 game sample size that was clearly unsustainable. The Sens should have offered him two years at 800k and just said "hey, walk if you don't like it. We have a bonafide starter and there are plenty of back-up goalies starving for a one-way contract." Honestly, I wouldn't have offered him anything at all. It was so obvious he was on the biggest heater ever and based on his play at the AHL level when he came back to earth it was going to be rough.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
According to tsn, the ham burglar is out for the rest of the season. He will require surgery on his hip.

Ugh. This now means that the team can't buy him out, as he will still be injured during the buyout period in late June. Another lucky bounce for Hammond, as he will now get the full value of the last year of his contract instead of 2/3 under a buyout.

I suspect that once he is rehabbed and "healthy", the club will simply tell him to stay home, and give his agent permission to seek a place for him in Europe. You never know with hip injuries though - that's what finally ended Pascal Leclaire's career, and prevented Ray Emery from becoming the kind of goalie he could have been. He may be like Cowen and never play anywhere again...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Ugh. This now means that the team can't buy him out, as he will still be injured during the buyout period in late June. Another lucky bounce for Hammond, as he will now get the full value of the last year of his contract instead of 2/3 under a buyout.

I suspect that once he is rehabbed and "healthy", the club will simply tell him to stay home, and give his agent permission to seek a place for him in Europe. You never know with hip injuries though - that's what finally ended Pascal Leclaire's career, and prevented Ray Emery from becoming the kind of goalie he could have been. He may be like Cowen and never play anywhere again...

We should have never been signed after that miracle run. Terrible signing even without hindsight

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
We should have never been signed after that miracle run. Terrible signing even without hindsight

It seemed like a pure PR move – no way you can let Hammond walk, from an optics perspective, after that run. But I don't think anyone ever realistically expected him to be a better longterm option than Lehner. If we hadn't gotten White with the Lehner trade, it would be an unmitigated disaster.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It seemed like a pure PR move – no way you can let Hammond walk, from an optics perspective, after that run. But I don't think anyone ever realistically expected him to be a better longterm option than Lehner. If we hadn't gotten White with the Lehner trade, it would be an unmitigated disaster.

Sure, you don't have to let him walk but don't sign him to a 3 year extension.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if Hammond did any kind of training or stretching at all since his miracle run. It isn't normal for a guy to get injured that much, especially after barely any work.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016

It's baffling that this team is so interested in positive PR moves considering they're basically a wildcard team every year. Hammond/Neil extensions were both done with the fans in mind imo. They need to learn that it's ok to get trashed in the media for a few days if it makes your team better in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad