Andrew "The Hamburglar" Hammond - "Robble Robble"

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
He is a solid cheap back up who has zero competition within the organization for this year and probably next .

Condon is here to help out if Andy needs to leave or is gone for an extended period of time.

Don't know why you'd think he'd be gone , as he has little trade value as well.

You would think Condon had no trade value either as he was just on waivers two weeks ago...

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
You would think Condon had no trade value either as he was just on waivers two weeks ago...

Which is why I said little. not no.

Hammond could also he had for probably a late round pick if another team has the need to carry 3 goalies based on emergency or loses 2 or 3 goalies to injury.

Are you trying to imply.that we we would trade Hammond over Condon when /if Andy comes back full time this year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Come on man, you need to factor in everything.

Age slash room for development, injury history.

So... did you watch how terrible Condon was after his initial ~7 game stretch last year? If you did, you probably wouldn't be saying that he's usurped Hammond.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
So... did you watch how terrible Condon was after his initial ~7 game stretch last year? If you did, you probably wouldn't be saying that he's usurped Hammond.

Where did i say or even imply that Condon was better than Hammond? I think both have little to no value and are dime a dozen backups.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Which is why I said little. not no.

Hammond could also he had for probably a late round pick if another team has the need to carry 3 goalies based on emergency or loses 2 or 3 goalies to injury.

Are you trying to imply.that we we would trade Hammond over Condon when /if Andy comes back full time this year.

Again, where did i say this or even imply it?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Again, where did i say this or even imply it?

That's why I asked if you were.

You mentioned taking in all factors of players injury histories age and room for development . Also asked I'd this was the end of Hammond in Ottawa.

So now I'm more confused about why you think this move may be the end for Hammond if you don't think Condon is an improvement on him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I just hope Condon plays well while he is here and has the opportunity.. I'd worry about what happens next later.

If Hammond comes back next week or next month Driedger goes back and the best goalie will play.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
With the Anderson status being "fluid" as Dorion likes to call it, we may see the team carrying three goalies for the foreseeable future.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
This would be where you imply that Hammond would be moved before Condon.

I was asking others if they think hes "done".

Nothing about trading him.

Before i posted this morning i had no clue that Anderson would be leaving the team so quickly again. Maybe that was me being naive and not realizing how about it was.

I wish nothing but the best for Andy and his Wife and family.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I was asking others if they think hes "done".

Nothing about trading him.

Before i posted this morning i had no clue that Anderson would be leaving the team so quickly again. Maybe that was me being naive and not realizing how about it was.

I wish nothing but the best for Andy and his Wife and family.

Probably this. Condon is here because we have a hurt backup and a starter that needs to be with his family. Nothing more, nothing less.

If he has a great year, maybe we move Hammond instead of him, but Hammond is by no means done with this team until somebody plays him out of the position.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Anderson may want to leave at any time to be with his wife.

Hammond might come back at the start of next week but there's no guarantee... and he could aggravate the injury again at some point in the future this season or even during the recovery.

We're in an awkward position. Getting Condon simply provides extra security so we're not throwing two young (for goalies) players to the wolves.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Probably this. Condon is here because we have a hurt backup and a starter that needs to be with his family. Nothing more, nothing less.

If he has a great year, maybe we move Hammond instead of him, but Hammond is by no means done with this team until somebody plays him out of the position.

Starts tonight, if Condon wins these next couple of games it's his net. And both are totally winnable games. Hammond hasn't done anything to prove he deserves starts. They'll go with the hot hand, if Condon shows he's getting the job done, it'll be his job until he cools off.

Hammond has as much to prove as Condon does. I'd say it's an open competition at this point.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I was shocked at the contract Murray gave him. He earned his new contract no doubt but that was too much. If Condon is better so be it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don't have a horse in this, but we haven't played defense in front of Hammond in a long ass time the way we played the last few games.

Very true. While the team still has a ways to do defensively, there's definitely been a lot of improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad