Waived: Andrew Hammond Nov 19 | Cleared

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He'll get picked up for sure with all injuries to goalies

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
From what i read, Sens management wanted to send him on a conditions stint in the AHL but Hammond declined it.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Apparently refused to report to Bingo for a conditioning stint. Condon has grown on me as our new backup, but I have to laugh at the people who at the time of the Condon deal...suggested that we could recoup that 5th round pick by dealing Hammond by the deadline.

So basically if we lose Hammond for nothing, and Andy has to be away for extended periods of time...we will have to deal yet another asset for a goalie to fill in....even more so if in a really unfortunate scenario of Condon getting hurt as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Apparently refused to report to Bingo for a conditioning stint. Condon has grown on me as our new backup, but I have to laugh at the people who at the time of the Condon deal...suggested that we could recoup that 5th round pick by dealing Hammond by the deadline.

So basically if we lose Hammond for nothing, and Andy has to be away for extended periods of time...we will have to deal yet another asset for a goalie to fill in....even more so if in a really unfortunate scenario of Condon getting hurt as well.

We acquired Condon because both Andy and Hammond were out. Doubt we acquire another goalie unless Condon gets hurt.

At the end of the day though, what do you want them to do; carry 3 goalies?

Think of it as Hammond and a 5th for Condon. Is that a bad deal?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No one will pick him up. Hammond is a replacement level backup right now, and every team has at least one guy in their system who probably grades out just as well or better. Consider this - Condon, a guy who played 55 games last year and is on a ridiculously cap friendly deal, was only worth a 5th. What do you think that Hammond, who has another year to go after this one at $1.2 million, is worth? Nothing. We would have to eat half his contract even if we found a team that needed him later on...

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
We acquired Condon because both Andy and Hammond were out. Doubt we acquire another goalie unless Condon gets hurt.

At the end of the day though, what do you want them to do; carry 3 goalies?

Think of it as Hammond and a 5th for Condon. Is that a bad deal?

I'm not sure we will want Driedger sitting on the bench if/when Andy has to leave...that was also part of the reason of us acquiring Condon in the first place.

Anyways, IF we have to go out and get yet another goalie...I'm hoping that Dorion just signs a guy like Karri Ramo to a league minimum deal instead of throwing more picks away.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not sure we will want Driedger sitting on the bench if/when Andy has to leave...that was also part of the reason of us acquiring Condon in the first place.

Anyways, IF we have to go out and get yet another goalie...I'm hoping that Dorion just signs a guy like Karri Ramo to a league minimum deal instead of throwing more picks away.

I doubt the team has any problems with their AHL goalies coming up for some games when the starter isn't available. That's kinda why we have AHL goalies.

As I said, we acquired Condon because both our goalies were out, and we had both AHL goalies with the team.

When they didn't know how often Anderson would be available, they assumed the worst and were content keeping 3 goalies. Now that they have a better idea of who things will go, they don't want to have 3 goalies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Would be in poor taste for Condon to tweet "Robble Robble" to Hammond?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
hate the fact that we couldnt get a pick for him, but i really like the fact that the sens didnt bend to hammonds will here

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Like I said in the other thread before we knew he was getting waived, if he refuses to go to Bingo if he clears then we can terminate his contract and Melnyk I'm sure will be pleased about saving a few bucks. If he does clear and dies report to Bingo then we have solid goaltending depth

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On

a 5th rounder.... not sure why you are making a big deal about it.

http://www.tsn.ca/playing-the-percentages-in-the-nhl-draft-1.206144

basically a 5th rounder has a 20% chance of making the NHL (at various degrees of success there). We got Condon who has played in the NHL and will continue to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad