Andreas Borgman - Thriving and developing w/upside.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Loving his all around game, though he has to smooth out some of kinks on the defensive end.
Once he figures out the speed of the NHL, he might be up there with Zaitsev as our best all around D guy.

Can't believe he's also 22 and we got him for nothing. LOL

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
he's been playing pretty good hockey all around. Happy to have him on this team. Even though he took my boy dermotts spot.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I'd rather keep him in the AHL and bring up Dermott or a vet. This isn't to say that he sucks, just that he's having a hard time with the North American ice, especially during breakouts. The kid has pretty decent hands and I feel could become the kind of player we were hoping Luke Schenn would turn into.

Playing with different partners, and the aforementioned lack of experience doesn't help.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If we could get a top pairing defenseman to move everyone down a spot, we'd have a real nice defense core.
I don't think we can win if our best defenseman is one of Rielly/Gardiner.
Fingers cross one of Carlson or Doughty sign here as a UFA.

Rielly - Doughty/Carlson
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Borgman - Rosen
Carrick

Gives time to properly develop Dermott and Lily

I could get behind that.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This is how good organizations recycle.
I loved what Polak brought on the bottom pair and now that he isn't signed, insert Borgman.
This too will happen with the forward group as we have many pushing for spots.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We need to keep him in the lineup. The more he is going to play the more confidence he is going to gain

He is obviously going to make some mistakes but that;s the learning process and learn from your own mistakes

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We need to keep him in the lineup. The more he is going to play the more confidence he is going to gain

He is obviously going to make some mistakes but that;s the learning process and learn from your own mistakes

We are spoiled by the likes of Zaitsev thinking everyone is going to adapt over night. Borg still very raw and inexperienced. He'll only get better with time. I have more confidence in him than I ever did with Polak, Marcincin, Marchenko and Hunwick.

Reactions: MJ65

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
That Borgman/Liljegren 3rd pairing.... Yes please I can wait a few years. :D

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Loving his all around game, though he has to smooth out some of kinks on the defensive end.
Once he figures out the speed of the NHL, he might be up there with Zaitsev as our best all around D guy.

Can't believe he's also 22 and we got him for nothing. LOL
Lol we might get Igor Ozhiganov too for free, he was Zaitsev's partner in the KHL who plays mean and won the KHL's hardest shot competition. RHD to boot too!

Reactions: DanM

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
teams shoulda been all over this guy, and seriously there wasnt even much news or talk about him...he just won rookie of year in 2nd or 3rd best hockey league, hes young, hes fast, hes a big boy that plays physical, and hes got some hockey skills, and he should only improve...we have a elite young core of forwards, but our young core of Dmen are looking fine as well, with dermott and liljegren looking almost ready

Reactions: DanM

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Love this kid. OK, well maybe I just like him a lot. Physical and that edge work man he's defo a keeper.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
He is a noticeable notch ahead of Polak, Carrick, Rosen. Borgman is comfortably our #5 right now. Just fun to watch him back there. Defensively speaking, he is probably more responsible then Rielly/Gardiner. Also doesn't play against the same completion mind you

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Another good game by Borg - he think he has proven that he can play. He is going to make mistakes (but who doesn't) as well along the way, but you learn from your mistakes

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Said it from the start but man is this guy a keeper. He's like a young Kronwall out there. He's always looking to hit someone and he's gained more confidence with the puck as the season goes along. He's also got a good shot. I'm hoping he gets some PP time at some point. Great find.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
How did anyone slot Rosen in at the start of the season, this guy is a player.

LeafsBro

34 I 91 I 16
Oct 18, 2011
Barrie, Ontario
A few defensive gaffes aside, he’s looked pretty solid for the most part so far. I’m not sure what his ceiling is but I’d be content if he just becomes a solid #4/#5 for us. He definitely has a nice skill set though I wouldn’t mind if he added a hint of nastiness to his game.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Him, Zaitsev and Dermott can be our all action, bigger then they look rocks on D for the foreseeable future. Then we can have Rielly and Liljegren bringing the magic. That is a really good and flexible D-corp.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Definitely a lot of work to do in his zone but I like his confidence. Definitely isn't afraid of carrying the puck, sometimes even when he shouldn't.

He's also built like a damn truck.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Said it from the start but man is this guy a keeper. He's like a young Kronwall out there. He's always looking to hit someone and he's gained more confidence with the puck as the season goes along. He's also got a good shot. I'm hoping he gets some PP time at some point. Great find.

He has an excellent 1st. pass he's starting to get into position to use more often.

Stick to stick on the fly seems to be the norm.

I thought the same player you mentioned while watching him, with perhaps a higher skill set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad