Proposal: Andersson to the Oilers

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Must be something in the water if Edmonton fans think the Flames would trade them Andersson.

There's no combination of picks or prospects in the Oilers barren farm system that could make this happen.

Reactions: banks

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Flames have not much for RD in the system and with Tanev having one foot out the door they really can’t move Ras short of a huge overpayment

Oilers don’t have the assets without taking away from their current roster which they won’t (and shouldn’t) do

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Must be something in the water if Edmonton fans think the Flames would trade them Andersson.

There's no combination of picks or prospects in the Oilers barren farm system that could make this happen.

I don't know why he even thought it was possible. If they want Andersson, I want McDavid and that's not going to happen so there's no point. Just a waste of time for everyone.

And to stupid people before you quote me, I don't think Andersson is worth McDavid.

Reactions: Some Other Flame

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Well if were hypothetically tearing them down, you can has some Sabres prospects. Not sure two year term is gonna do it for them though.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Andersson would be a great upgrade on the Oilers RD !!!

Oilers Trade; 2024 1st, Broberg, Ceci, Savoie

What would it take to get Andersson from Calgary ??
McDavid?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Andersson would be a great upgrade on the Oilers RD !!!

Oilers Trade; 2024 1st, Broberg, Ceci, Savoie

What would it take to get Andersson from Calgary ??
So a low 1st round pick and nothing else of much value. That offer stinks for Calgary.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Not that I think there is any chance that the Flame trade Andersson to the Oilers but that offer is actually more than the Oilers gave up for Ekholm.

Andersson is 27 and those 2 seasons are years on his 2nd (peak value) contract. Ekholm was about to turn 33 at the time of his trade.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Nah, that's silly. If everyone else offers a 2nd and Edmonton offers a 1st, you take the best offer.
Nah, rivalries matter. Otherwise what's the point?

I'd rather lose the player for nothing then do anything to help the Oilers win. And for all the crap Flames owner Murray Edwards gets (most of which is probably deserved), he at least gets this.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nah, rivalries matter. Otherwise what's the point?

I'd rather lose the player for nothing then do anything to help the Oilers win. And for all the crap Flames owner Murray Edwards gets (most of which is probably deserved), he at least gets this.
I can't agree with that. I hate the Flames, but I'm more concerned about making my own team better than I am worried about improving anyone else.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I can't agree with that. I hate the Flames, but I'm more concerned about making my own team better than I am worried about improving anyone else.
Thankfully in a league with 30 other teams to trade with, it's entirely possibly to do both.

All the Oilers can offer is a late first and some busts. Lots of other teams could match that. Some of them can and probably will do better.

Reactions: bernmeister

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thankfully in a league with 30 other teams to trade with, it's entirely possibly to do both.

All the Oilers can offer is a late first and some busts. Lots of other teams could match that. Some of them can and probably will do better.
I think you're going to end up disappointed if you're hoping for a first plus for Tanev. You might get a first if someone gets desperate but isn't the ask a 2nd right now?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I think you're going to end up disappointed if you're hoping for a first plus for Tanev. You might get a first if someone gets desperate but isn't the ask a 2nd right now?
It was reported that the Canucks offered a 2nd (might have even offered a 2nd + Raty) only for Conroy to turn them down because he thought he could get a first.

Others like Friedman have suggested the price is a 2nd + a B level prospect, but that a 1st would get it done now. But at the same time, they all say there's massive and widespread interest in Tanev; that he is the player holding up the defensive market. If that's true, how hard is it to imagine a bidding war gets some team to put their first on the table?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad