Confirmed with Link: Anderson re-signed (3 yrs, $4.2 AAV)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As expected, the Pro-Lehner crowd on Twitter are losing their minds. Did they miss the fact that he was ALSO extended?

Do they not get that Lehner likes Anderson and appreciates having him around as a mentor?

What is wrong with having two solid goalies?

Because most people are dumb

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
As expected, the Pro-Lehner crowd on Twitter are losing their minds. Did they miss the fact that he was ALSO extended?

Do they not get that Lehner likes Anderson and appreciates having him around as a mentor?

I believe Lehner has actually mentioned that he does not feel he is totally there yet as a starter and still has things to learn from Andy. Believe he said something along those lines when he was interviewed after his extension.

Goaltending has been decent the last few years which is a nice change from the garbage we have had here, i am ok with this signing both length and $ not over the moon but certainly not upset.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Also why did this deal have to be done now? Why not wait and see how next season goes? He will be 34 by the end of this season, I just think we should of held off and made 100% sure were okay with splitting games between Lehner and Anderson for the next 4 years.

Its not like Anderson was a must sign like Ryan.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Is there a no movement clause attached? Hope not. I like the signing, but I'm not a fan of the NMC. Handcuffs the GM.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Good signing. Lehner now has to take over, he isn't being given the starting position. Should be a great motivator for the next two years when we start to see a changing of the guard, ALA Tukka/Timmy.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Also why did this deal have to be done now? Why not wait and see how next season goes? He will be 34 by the end of this season, I just think we should of held off and made sure were okay with splitting games between Lehner and Anderson for the next 4 years.

Anderson usually follows a rough year with a Vezina-quality year. Then what? You let him walk? Sign him at. $6 million + per year extension?

I know your username is Lehner and you believe that Lehner is ready, but management feels otherwise. Lehner has not shown consistency in goal yet. The way this deal is structured, by year 3, Anderson is either a tradeable asset or a cheap back-up.

It's a good deal. Especially when, like Shawn Simpson says, the two of them have a mentor relationship and they push each other in a healthy manner.

This isn't Brodeur demanding he start over Cory Schneider. If Lehner is better, Anderson will step aside.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Andy and Lehner locked up for 3 years of working together.
They work well and seem to respect each other, which i think is really good and they both know there place right now and how there roles will be changing within these contracts probably. also good.

Paying two goalies for just under 6.5m for next 3 years i really good, considering alot of teams pay one goalie 6-8m.

Would have liked to maybe see Andy get in at 4m, sure, but realistically this is a fair deal i think.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like it. Both term and price are fine.

And this is great for Lehner. The kid needs someone to both lean on and challenge him. We've seen too many times in this league where the #1 reigns are given to a guy before he's ready and it kills his confidence and game. Heck, just look down the highway at Hogtown and their goalie situation after anointing Reimer a few years ago.

It may feel like this thing is taking forever, but we're doing things the right way. Making sure our core pieces are given every chance to develop and succeed at every level instead of throwing them to the wolves and hoping for the best. We WILL be a better team for it. Guaranteed.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Also why did this deal have to be done now? Why not wait and see how next season goes? He will be 34 by the end of this season, I just think we should of held off and made 100% sure were okay with splitting games between Lehner and Anderson for the next 4 years.

Why not. If Anderson dont have full NTC, Sens can always trade him. At deadline his price would be higher, cause he is no rental.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If the team re-signs everyone I'll be thrilled.

Same. I am very optimistic 1 of Methot/Ryan will be resigned, hopefully Ryan. Both would be fantastic, but I believe 1 will end up traded at some point during the season, which is a shame as both are big parts of the team.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Smart on the short term and on the marinating of the
Lehner front,

Sends a good msg to the fans and the players.

In this day in age you almst need a 1a and 1b tender situation vs a clear cut 1 and massive drop at 2.

Im sure Robin will get more starts and the competition at the position will be good for both players and the team as a whole.

Hopefully the trend of extending will continue for MM and BR now.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
If we keep spending money like this, the team will be moving to Seatle in no time!!!! :sarcasm:

Love the deal. Bridges the gap and gives Lehner the insulation and time to become consistent starter.

Just need Methot and Ryan to jump on the re-signing bandwagon.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Exactly. It's all good in my books. Maybe it changes this year but Lehner's too inconsistent.

"Too much term"? It's called a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad