Confirmed with Link: Anderson re-signed (3 yrs, $4.2 AAV)

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
A little higher than I hoped, but I can live with it.

@Senators 2m
The average annual value of #Sens @CraigAnderson41's three-year contract extension is $4.2 million ($4.75M, $4.75M, $3.1M). #MoreBeastmode

Anca18

Aug 19, 2010
Ottawa, ON
4.2M cap hit...4.75M first two years and 3.1M in the third year. Not overly pleased or upset by this, it can't hurt too much if it's a 1A/1B scenario...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Great news: he's still a good goalie who has great streaks and he still has a lot he can teach Lehner

Very pleased with this

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm still stunned at how quickly the pro-Lehner side of the fanbase wants Andy out of the equation. He's been arguably the Sens' most reliable goaltender ever. $4.2 is decent value for him and keeps our goalie situation solid.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
He's my favourite. I am very happy he will be here for three more years. The defense just needs to keep Chris Kreider away from him.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He's my favourite. I am very happy he will be here for three more years. The defense just needs to keep Chris Kreider away from him.

or Phil Kessel.

Anyway, an okay deal for Senators. Anderson is injury prone but without him the Sens don't have a shot at the playoffs.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I still think it's one year too many, but am happy that the organization realizes it's stupid to put their entire faith into one of these guys.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good signing, once Lehner proves he's NHL and NHL Playoff ready they can flip Andy to a contender.

Probs only get a 4th rounder for him, but all in all a great signing and a good thing for the club. All our vets want to stay an this sends the right message.

Murray didn't get Heater done until the afternoon of game 1 of the season - I think he takes Ryan to the limit and they get something done before puck drop. Still lot's of time

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Jesus, after Alfredsson and Spezza this organization is giving up term and money.

Not that I seriously dislike anything they've done. It's a fair deal and Anderson has some security.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
As expected, the Pro-Lehner crowd on Twitter are losing their minds. Did they miss the fact that he was ALSO extended?

Do they not get that Lehner likes Anderson and appreciates having him around as a mentor?

What is wrong with having two solid goalies?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Awesome. We got the goaltending depth down for the next 4 years. Anderson-Lehner is a great duo.

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
As expected, the Pro-Lehner crowd on Twitter are losing their minds. Did they miss the fact that he was ALSO extended?

Do they not get that Lehner likes Anderson and appreciates having him around as a mentor?

What is wrong with having two solid goalies?

They're not used to having any solid goalies?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
After almost 2 decades of goaltending being a question mark it is nice to see some depth and stability at the position. Personally would of liked 2 year deal but am OK with the third year just not thrilled

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I dont like it at all, but Im much higher on Lehner then most I guess. Would of been fine with letting him walk after this season and signing a veteran back up in the off-season.

Lehner will be better then Anderson by then end of this season. You can quote me on that.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
I'm a Lehner fan and I like this deal. It doesn't hurt one bit to have two solid Gs, not to mention it's good motivation for both of them to stay on their games knowing a solid replacement is always right behind. I lost faith in Anderson at the beginning of last year, but I like the way he came back as the season progressed.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Needed to be done. Lehner is the future but isn't quite there yet. Solid signing.

Precisely this.

Lehner is the long-term guy, but you insulate him and protect him until he PROVES he's the undisputed #1 who can handle 65+ games at an elite pace at the NHL level.

This let's Lehner earn the job over time, rather than just getting it handed to him. I can't remember the last time a team was worried about having a 1A/1B situation in nets with two legitimately good goalies.

Contract is maybe half a mil more than I might have liked otherwise, but this is the new NHL. Just because we're spending $55mil/ year, doesn't mean the rest of the league will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad