Injury Report: Andersen Injured - Out 3-4 Weeks

AnomX

Oct 25, 2013
Robidas Island already for Andersen it seems....

Start the tank!!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Are we sure there is not an elevated level of over reaction here? :)

Writing off Leafs season over what might be a bruise or stinger here seems a bit premature drawing of conclusions.

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Great thing we kept Bernier in case of something like this. Who knows, he might rebound.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Anyone see that spare set of keys for the Tank? Seems Matthews threw away the first set we had...
Relax people he probably bruised it and was pulled for precautionary as the Leafs probably said so.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think it's more that this is silly for guys like Andersen to be there. NHL players won't be going. I suppose it's a nice thing to try and get your country qualified, but you'll just be watching on TV. It's kind of disingenuous for countries to make it based on guys that won't actually represent them.

don't believe NHL players should do things like this but something, something, best on best. whatever.

in non-i'm trying not to be angry - response, i am banking that the players feel they'll be able to go.

Mr Hockey*

don't believe NHL players should do things like this but something, something, best on best. whatever.

in non-i'm trying not to be angry - response, i am banking that the players feel they'll be able to go.

So basically, no NHL players should represent there countries eh? give it a rest already ...

ForSpareParts*

This is curious.

Why no confirmation?

This should have been reported by now.

Mar 26, 2010
Does this mean the tank is full on again lol

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So basically, no NHL players should represent there countries eh? give it a rest already ...

no i don't believe that NHL players should represent their countries at this level. they are employees of the NHL, they are paid gross amounts of money to play for THEIR team, and then when they are injured outside of that, it has the potential to screw up their season. it doesn't matter that it could happen if it was with the team - because at least if it was with the team, or training as a Leaf, at least it happened at work. it makes sense, and you go "that's the breaks, and you can move on."

There is a reason why NHL players need to get another type of insurance for international play, there's a reason why teams suspend players if they get injured doing anything not conducive to the team. So. no. i will not "give it a rest, already." that our goalie got injured, we don't know how severe, or how that will impact his season with the Leafs.

I also don't know how old you are, but stop making it sound like the NHL has always been and always will be at the Olympics. It only started up in 1998 when they allowed professional hockey players to go to Nagano and pretty much since 2006 it's been a massive hassle and it is getting more and more obvious that the NHL doesn't want to stop in the middle of their season (also may I note, that most players hate the condensed schedule), have to pay for millions of dollars of insurance, they get no revenue from going and the impact of the NHL actually being there hasn't really translated into much going international, or at home in North America. And there's no indication from the IOC that the Winter Games will be in North America any time soon as most bids are still Euro-Asia based. So it' going to constantly be this tug of war without the thrill and drama of a USA home games (and tugging at the hearts of Miracle on Ice), and with Vancouver a sure bet to win the 2010 games so you knew you'd have a hockey mad nation.

so no. i will not "give it a rest." when once again something happened to prove my point (and the owners) of why this is not a good idea. international hockey competition worked without NHL participation for a very very long time, and stop making it out like it won't be able to do so now.

ForSpareParts*

TOR will fly Frederik Andersen back here to be examined by doctors. Right now listed as an upper body injury but not sure if or how serious

Friedman Twitter

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I also don't know how old you are, but stop making it sound like the NHL has always been and always will be at the Olympics. It only started up in 1998 when they allowed professional hockey players to go to Nagano

There were best on best tournaments in 76,81,84,87,91 and 96. You are making it sound like the 98 Olympics was the start of NHL players representing their countries.

Weren't you arguing that players *should* go to the worlds just a few months ago?

In any case, I doubt international tournaments with NHL players are stopping any time soon. Personally I hope it does continue as lots of Hockey fans enjoy it, the players seem to enjoy it too.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hopefully they pull Andersen out of the tourney.

Get him rested, let him go to Halifax with the team, and take it easy for the next month.

Get him 100%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad