Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
I wondered the same thing and thought it was a big nothing of a hit to cause him to need surgery.
Exactly, looked like a little nothing cross check off a face off, the kind you see all the time. I can't believe how injured he got. A complete fluke or the kid is brittle, hope it's the former.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Poor Anders. :( That sounds pretty significant if the recovery is six months. Looking forward to seeing him next year though.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Man a torn labrum on that hit. That's just bad luck. Definitely needs to add some mass, but I'm excited for his future.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Looking forward to great things from this kid next year and beyond. Talent is definitely there.

For now we have other alternatives with Cehlarik on LW and Czarnik on the starboard side.

Hoping for a successful recovery and good physical development in the offseason.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Feel like he’s our forgotten prospect. Should have a roster spot open for him.

Yes but shouldnt be automatic

After the hit, he was not the same again. Hopefully he is strong enough mentally to get back playing the right away. Go into the corners etc

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Feel like he’s our forgotten prospect. Should have a roster spot open for him.

I think he ( as well as some of the other prospects ) are going to win a spot.

Heinen -- Frederic - Bjork

Cehlarik -- Kuraly -- Senyshyn

I want these kids to impress in camp and the Bruins to continue to have faith in them. I'd love to see Kuraly play with a fast, big bodied winger with some talent and jam. Senyshyn could potentially fit that bill.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Heinen-Frederic-Bjork sounds full of youthful promise. Smarts, size and skill.

Are we at the point where we're penciling Backes in on the fourth line?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Shinzawa's Sunday notes: Anders Bjork will now have to...

fluto on bjork. he was my favorite prospect entering this year, and think he's maybe a little 'out of sight, out of mind'
here. to me he's a top 9 guy no doubt - will he be physically ready by opening night? will he need some AHL time?
hard to say but the guy i saw before matt martin blew him up was pretty good.

I hope he is ready to step back into the NHL lineup. He had a such a good start to his career. He's definitely one of my favorite prospects too.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think he ( as well as some of the other prospects ) are going to win a spot.

Heinen -- Frederic - Bjork

Cehlarik -- Kuraly -- Senyshyn
Yeah, all six of these guys are locks to be regulars next season. :laugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Heinen-Frederic-Bjork sounds full of youthful promise. Smarts, size and skill.

Are we at the point where we're penciling Backes in on the fourth line?

No.

We value slow players with 'leadership' above all else. Its called Bruins. Backes won't ever move off the 3rd line RW spot unless its maybe to skate a few shifts with DK.

Hes still a decent player and can probably do well and hit 30+ points in that role. But hes very much an immovable object when it comes time to shuffle the lines around.

My biggest gripe isn't really with him its Cassidy for not playing him at center. He'd be better in the middle focusing on positioning rather than hitting dudes a full second after they pass the puck.

I like Bjork. IDK why my favorite prospects get no love on here. Bjork, Fitz, and Cehlarik are the guys I'm high on other than the obvious prospects who had success last year for us.

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad