Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Bobby Bourne......lol, thats funny.

What Bjork is and until he proves other wise is a kid with a nice hockey IQ and some soft hands who has proven only and this cant be disputed............... is that he is so far not strong enough, nor tough enough nor durable enough to make it in the NHL. Anyone who see's anything else is fooling themselves.
Lets see if we can get through training camp with the kid.

So we have a kid who according so you has nice hockey IQ and Soft hands, and I’ll add (as they were obvious to anyone who watched him play) great Speed, solid defensive play, and good discipline straight out of college hockey, But we shouldn’t be excited or set expectations? Why the f*** on earth would that be the case on a website called Hockey’s Future. Give your head a shake.

I see a future middle-top six winger who could end up anywhere between a Jannik Hanson or and Ondrej Palat(who at the same age had only 4 points in 14 games and many of the concerns you have of Bjork). The kid is 6-0 186lbs, not 5’9 170. The same specs as David Pastrnak who has his share of injuries starting off and overcame some of the very concerns you have of Bjork to become one of the best RWs in the game. Heck, his injury in the AHL playoffs I saw live. He misjudged a gap and ill advisedly tried to speed past Dylan McIlrath who crush him into the boards. Pastrnak to this day still leaves himself open for big hits and thrives in the NHL. I don’t see how one injury from abig open ice hit and one from a freak crosscheck in a rookie season will somehow rid Bjork of any chance of making it despite several people all around the hockey World seeing this kid as a potential stud.

As for Bjork leaving himself open for big ice hits. It definitely is a problem but one that can easily be fixed and also one any coach or teammate will gladly take over someone too afraid to leave themselves open for the big hit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bjork has the speed to play North-South but his lateral skating and puck skills can play East- West.

The result can be diagonal as how I saw him at times especially live at Merrimack. The only problem is it’s like driving you are cutting lanes and shit can happen.

There aren’t many things beyond super skills then experience many of these kids need and you have to play and take the good with the bad - growing pains

Bjork should benefit from last year and because in the Development Program he was a checker he’s got a better grasp of defense and awareness then others who were dominant in their own zone and need to learn the defensive side (I give Jamie Langenbrunner kudos for designing that type of plan for Zach Senyshyn even if his lack of points labeled him an early bust to the Main Thread analysts)

Bjork d game is pretty good - not much assembly required.

I’m not sure where they put him but he’s got a better chance to be really good than not.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bjork has the speed to play North-South but his lateral skating and puck skills can play East- West.

The result can be diagonal as how I saw him at times especially live at Merrimack. The only problem is it’s like driving you are cutting lanes and **** can happen.

There aren’t many things beyond super skills then experience many of these kids need and you have to play and take the good with the bad - growing pains

Bjork should benefit from last year and because in the Development Program he was a checker he’s got a better grasp of defense and awareness then others who were dominant in their own zone and need to learn the defensive side (I give Jamie Langenbrunner kudos for designing that type of plan for Zach Senyshyn even if his lack of points labeled him an early bust to the Main Thread analysts)

Bjork d game is pretty good - not much assembly required.

I’m not sure where they put him but he’s got a better chance to be really good than not.

Does it makes sense to put him back with Bergy/Marchy and let Pasta slide down with Krejci & DeBrusk? I know its unpopular to breakup the Bergy line, but the lack of scoring depth after the 1st line was an issue in the playoffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Does it makes sense to put him back with Bergy/Marchy and let Pasta slide down with Krejci & DeBrusk? I know its unpopular to breakup the Bergy line, but the lack of scoring depth after the 1st line was an issue in the playoffs.
Its a long year so Cassidy can flip Pastrnak around if he wants and put other guys up on those slow blood-flowing November nights.

Couple observations

1. Cassidy loves putting 2 guys together and the third guy can jump in and out - he did that in Providence and he didn’t wait long. If Cassidy felt something was off 10 minutes in he was changing things up.

2. Pastrnak & DeBrusk seem very close - watching them in warmups they got some type of bromance

Putting these two together on a second line could be phenomenal. I think Krejci could center them.

3. I thought Heinen played his third wheel role very well when moved up with Bergeron. Bjork or Heinen work for me there.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
So we have a kid who according so you has nice hockey IQ and Soft hands, and I’ll add (as they were obvious to anyone who watched him play) great Speed, solid defensive play, and good discipline straight out of college hockey, But we shouldn’t be excited or set expectations? Why the **** on earth would that be the case on a website called Hockey’s Future. Give your head a shake.

I see a future middle-top six winger who could end up anywhere between a Jannik Hanson or and Ondrej Palat(who at the same age had only 4 points in 14 games and many of the concerns you have of Bjork). The kid is 6-0 186lbs, not 5’9 170. The same specs as David Pastrnak who has his share of injuries starting off and overcame some of the very concerns you have of Bjork to become one of the best RWs in the game. Heck, his injury in the AHL playoffs I saw live. He misjudged a gap and ill advisedly tried to speed past Dylan McIlrath who crush him into the boards. Pastrnak to this day still leaves himself open for big hits and thrives in the NHL. I don’t see how one injury from abig open ice hit and one from a freak crosscheck in a rookie season will somehow rid Bjork of any chance of making it despite several people all around the hockey World seeing this kid as a potential stud.

As for Bjork leaving himself open for big ice hits. It definitely is a problem but one that can easily be fixed and also one any coach or teammate will gladly take over someone too afraid to leave themselves open for the big hit.
Glad you didnt say the next Bobby Bourne....Now he is Pasta.....WoW.....i guess they grow on tree's....

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Its a long year so Cassidy can flip Pastrnak around if he wants and put other guys up on those slow blood-flowing November nights.

Couple observations

1. Cassidy loves putting 2 guys together and the third guy can jump in and out - he did that in Providence and he didn’t wait long. If Cassidy felt something was off 10 minutes in he was changing things up.

2. Pastrnak & DeBrusk seem very close - watching them in warmups they got some type of bromance

Putting these two together on a second line could be phenomenal. I think Krejci could center them.

3. I thought Heinen played his third wheel role very well when moved up with Bergeron. Bjork or Heinen work for me there.

There are a lot in line possibilities next season, assuming that Bjork and Donato make the club out of training camp (which I believe they will). Maybe something like this to open the season:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Donato-#3C-Heinen
Fitz-Kuraly-Backes/Czarnik

Bjork is one of my favorite prospects, and I think that he'll be a great, productive (20-30 goals) winger in Boston.

Reactions: DKH

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
There are a lot in line possibilities next season, assuming that Bjork and Donato make the club out of training camp (which I believe they will). Maybe something like this to open the season:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Donato-#3C-Heinen
Fitz-Kuraly-Backes/Czarnik

Bjork is one of my favorite prospects, and I think that he'll be a great, productive (20-30 goals) winger in Boston.

I’m with you on the line up. Would like to see Cehlarik inserted in there somewhere. Btw Backes sticks out like a sore thumb. Unless traded I see Cehlarik killing it this camp.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I’m with you on the line up. Would like to see Cehlarik inserted in there somewhere. Btw Backes sticks out like a sore thumb. Unless traded I see Cehlarik killing it this camp.

i'm in the minority, but don't really get the unbridled love for peter cehlarik. the oft-injured winger needs to
pick up his skating at the very least. i'd move him for a draft pick in dallas.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm with you. If there is truly anyone interest in him, I would hope we move him.
I like Cehlarik but his skating could be the one thing that holds him back

If he could skate like Bobby Bourne Or even Miles Wood or his dad Randy he’d be a lock to be a regular.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Like his size. Bourne was such an underrated hockey player.
Bjork reminds me skating style and speed - if he ends up close to that it would be huge

Heinen reminds me of Don Marcotte very solid all around

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bjork reminds me skating style and speed - if he ends up close to that it would be huge

Heinen reminds me of Don Marcotte very solid all around

I see a lot of Anders Kallur in Bjork. He was an underrated Islander as well. Heinen reminds me a lot of Arron Broten...old school or a Dallas Loui Eriksson.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
i'm in the minority, but don't really get the unbridled love for peter cehlarik. the oft-injured winger needs to

I’ve been a supporter ever since I saw him dominate at sabres bruins prospects camp. His skating has improved and from what I understand Mark Divver has stipulated he’s one of the hardest working kids p bruins. Injuries have prevented him from being in the line up full time. I want to mention I would be very surprised if Cehlarik is traded by Don/Neely. I saw them gushing over him prospects game. He’s big has extremely high IQ and didn’t look out of place when called up. I don’t think there’s a prospect with better passing ability in the system. Kid can also score. He’s going to be good.

Reactions: pkunit

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I'm wandering a little far from our Bjork discussion here, but I’ll ask anyway: good Bruins prospects seem to get injured a lot. Are these injuries normal bumps in the road of prospect development, or are the Bs getting hit especially hard with the injury bug?

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I'm wandering a little far from our Bjork discussion here, but I’ll ask anyway: good Bruins prospects seem to get injured a lot. Are these injuries normal bumps in the road of prospect development, or are the Bs getting hit especially hard with the injury bug?
They're young and not fully grown. Hit the gym boys!

Don't give up on this group!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

he needs to stay healthy THEN pick up his skating

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’ve been a supporter ever since I saw him dominate at sabres bruins prospects camp. His skating has improved and from what I understand Mark Divver has stipulated he’s one of the hardest working kids p bruins. Injuries have prevented him from being in the line up full time. I want to mention I would be very surprised if Cehlarik is traded by Don/Neely. I saw them gushing over him prospects game. He’s big has extremely high IQ and didn’t look out of place when called up. I don’t think there’s a prospect with better passing ability in the system. Kid can also score. He’s going to be good.

I get the crush on the prospect thing. I develop one every couple of years, but some of the stuff you are saying is not reality.

You are basing the idea of him being a good NHL player on a couple of prospects games and not on what he has actually done. He cannot seem to stay healthy and it appears he has been passed on the depth chart by DeBrusk, Donato, Heinen, and Bjork amongst others. I would not be at all surprised if he was moved at the draft with another pick/prospect if there is a player the B’s like in the late first.

The best passer in the system? The stats don’t bear it out. In 101 games as a NA pro he has 32 goals and 33 assists, which doesn’t exactly scream elite passer. For a comparison, in 155 pro games, Heinen has 31 goals and 70 assists. At Denver he had 36 goals and 57 assists in 81 games. He would appear to be more of a “set up” guy than Cehlarik?

I like Cehlarik, but he’s at a crossroads in his B’s career. He has shown no ability to stay healthy thus far. The Bruins may give him another chance, or they may think with other F prospects like JFK, Frederic, Fitz, Studnicka (in addition to the guys I mentioned above), it’s time to move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad