Confirmed Trade: [ANA/VGK] Evgenii Dadonov, cond. 2023/24 2nd round pick for John Moore, Ryan Kesler [OFFICIALLY VOIDED]

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Sounds like this deal got nixed by Dadonov’s trade clause. Usually one deal every trade deadline falls though and this might be one that got away.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Imagine if Dadonov says no I don't want to go to a loser team again like Ottawa. Then he's got to come back to the building and explain himself to Smith, Stone and possibly Martinez. Feels like for the team's sake they might tell him to stay at home.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Imagine if Dadonov says no I don't want to go to a loser team again like Ottawa. Then he's got to come back to the building and explain himself to Smith, Stone and possibly Martinez. Feels like for the team's sake they might tell him to stay at home.
He doesn't need to explain himself to anyone. He was given a NTC and took advantage of it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like this deal got nixed by Dadonov’s trade clause. Usually one deal every trade deadline falls though and this might be one that got away.
It can still happen though. Anaheim isn’t making the playoffs, so they don’t have to worry about him being eligible for the playoffs.

A lot of issues for Vegas though as now they sorta have to make a trade work now and everyone knows the play. They were playing a dangerous game with the cap and they were bound to get burnt eventually.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
WHAT?!

They WILLINGLY traded for him. Dadonov WAIVED his NTC to go there. Yes, it's an upgrade to go from Ottawa to Vegas.

But f*** that noise. They knew he has that in his contract lmao. Maybe dont be a dick and treat your players with some respect.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
WTF is McKrimmon's deal? He doesnt talk to his players or what? Why would players want to go there if thats the kind of shit he does to them?

Few understand VGK's top structure. McPhee and Foley seem to have elevated McCrimmon so he can be the whipping horse on everything. Traded MAF away? Go blame Kelly. Didn't create space for Eichel before the trade? Ask Kelly. Didn't get Stone and Martinez off LTIR? Kelly's responsibility. I almost guarantee Foley and McPhee were telling him to do this and if necessary ignore the NTC for the moment and figure it out somehow. That's pretty much what Foley seems to think about league regulations, just do whatever you want and figure out how to make it work later.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Few understand VGK's top structure. McPhee and Foley seem to have elevated McCrimmon so he can be the whipping horse on everything. Traded MAF away? Go blame Kelly. Didn't create space for Eichel before the trade? Ask Kelly. Didn't get Stone and Martinez off LTIR? Kelly's responsibility. I almost guarantee Foley and McPhee were telling him to do this and if necessary ignore the NTC for the moment and figure it out somehow. That's pretty much what Foley seems to think about league regulations, just do whatever you want and figure out how to make it work later.

Ok so that makes it worse.

All three of them are scumbags

Reactions: kingsfan28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Why would he be the bad guy? He has a NMC in his contract and says no, I want to stay here. F- what those other guys think! They would do the same thing. This mess with the cap is all on the Vegas front office, not the guy you try and move behind his back, then make him out as the bad guy.

Reactions: Gentle Man

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This is going to be the best thing from the TDL. What a complete screw up you accept the deal and don't even know he had a NTC or ask him about it? hahahahahahahaha

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Why would he be the bad guy? He has a NMC in his contract and says no, I want to stay here. F- what those other guys think! They would do the same thing. This mess with the cap is all on the Vegas front office, not the guy you try and move behind his back, then make him out as the bad guy.

He has a m-ntc which has him list 10 teams that is on the no list... lets not confuse M-NTC with NMC.

Reactions: kingsfan28

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
There's no good guy/bad guy about this. I'm just pointing out he's way down the totem pole in importance to this team while his sticking around screws up moves with the guys who really are the leadership. And knowing team dynamics, I'm just speculating at some point they might have to send him home if they cannot work this out and move him to another team.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
There's no good guy/bad guy about this. I'm just pointing out he's way down the totem pole in importance to this team while his sticking around screws up moves with the guys who really are the leadership. And knowing team dynamics, I'm just speculating at some point they might have to send him home if they cannot work this out and move him to another team.

How the TDL passed? There is no other team. He is there till the Summer :laugh:

Send him home? Sure but you cant LTIR a healthy player. You can healthy scratch him

#IStandWithDadonov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad