Confirmed Trade: [ANA/VGK] Evgenii Dadonov, cond. 2023/24 2nd round pick for John Moore, Ryan Kesler [OFFICIALLY VOIDED]

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As a Vegas fan? Thank God. Stupid use of our limited cap space from the beginning.

As a Ducks fan and a Vegas fan, I want the incentive pieces to Anaheim to be good but I do and don't want it to include Brisson. Would be good for Anaheim if he was the attending piece but terrible for Vegas' increasingly shallow pipeline.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Still blows my mind that Vegas wanted Dadonov in the first place, and now they likely had to pay to get rid of him

That's pretty much vegas' MO --- go after the biggest names every single time (even if the biggest names aren't that big) and then dump yesterdays news ASAP. Seems to be kind-of working for them TBH.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Does this open up space for Stone to return before the playoffs now?
Depends on what they do with LTIR. Right now we only have about 2.8 in cap space. Someone like Pacioretty, Lehner or Smith would have to go on LTIR from basic IR since Vegas would still be shy of Stone's cap hit with Dadonov's 5m cleared.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
This is because plan to Kucherov Stone needs to be shelved because Vegas is fighting for a playoff spot? Bummer. But also nice to see Vegas downgrade their playoff roster they thought they would have.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad