Confirmed Trade: [ANA/VGK] Evgenii Dadonov, cond. 2023/24 2nd round pick for John Moore, Ryan Kesler [OFFICIALLY VOIDED]

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
FB_IMG_1648147097500.jpg

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I'll tell you what Vegas had that CapFriendly doesn't have... easy access to the player and his agent.
How does this in any way refute my argument?

OP said “Pretty hilarious that Capfriendly has the info yet the Knights supposedly didn't.”

Does Vegas having access to the player and agent somehow prove that “CapFriendly has the info”? Let me repeat what’s been stated in this thread a million times: CapFriendly did not have the info regarding the validity of the NTC.

This situation was more nuanced than simply asking “how did Vegas not know this when CapFriendly did?”

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
You said CapFriendly has this info. Go pull it up then.
it lists a 10 team No trade

And my point was only that it's funny that a public website that is commonly used for a reference point on salaries for amateurs and fans apparently had more info than the head office of the Knights could abstract. What a hilarious fuxx up for the Gifted Knights it looks good on them and pointing fingers at Ottawa just makes it pathetic.

It's not like this issue for cap hasn't been lingering around and you would think when they started drumming up things to do that they would have not been so incompetent and waited till there was no time left putting Dadonov's career in a bad place and risking that there could be an issue

The important thing is somehow the league managed to do the right thing here. Was not expecting that. Vegas lol

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

And my point was only that it's funny that a public website that is commonly used for a reference point on salaries for amateurs and fans apparently had more info than the head office of the Knights could abstract. What a hilarious fuxx up for the Gifted Knights it looks good on them and pointing fingers at Ottawa just makes it pathetic.

It's not like this issue for cap hasn't been lingering around and you would think when they started drumming up things to do that they would have not been so incompetent and waited till there was no time left putting Dadonov's career in a bad place and risking that there could be an issue

The important thing is somehow the league managed to do the right thing here. Was not expecting that. Vegas lol
The contract says that he has the right to submit a 10 team no trade list. The contract does not specify whether or not his list for the season is void.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
How does this in any way refute my argument?

OP said “Pretty hilarious that Capfriendly has the info yet the Knights supposedly didn't.”

Does Vegas having access to the player and agent somehow prove that “CapFriendly has the info”? Let me repeat what’s been stated in this thread a million times: CapFriendly did not have the info regarding the validity of the NTC.

This situation was more nuanced than simply asking “how did Vegas not know this when CapFriendly did?”
Not refuting your argument, Bud, I’m adding to it.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So wouldn't it be incumbent upon the team whom he plays for to confirm it & not take another teams' word for it?
Yes. When the list was submitted for this season, he was with Ottawa, so Ottawa had the list. Vegas likely took Ottawa’s word, or purposely played dumb once Vegas traded for him and noticed they didn’t receive the list.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

Legitimately, VGK had more information than CapFriendly. It is just that the information VGK had was either wrong (believing the M-NTC was invalid when the trade was attempted) or they ignored the M-NTC clause and hoped that the trade would go through regardless (e.g. Dadonov would waive for ANA).

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Yes. When the list was submitted for this season, he was with Ottawa, so Ottawa had the list. Vegas likely took Ottawa’s word, or purposely played dumb once Vegas traded for him and noticed they didn’t receive the list.

That tweet means nothing to me, honestly. I'm not holding my breath for the NHL to document what exactly happened, but doing business the way Vegas did in this situation will continually bite you in the ass.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

To add to this, my guess is that once Vegas traded for him and noticed they didn’t receive the list, they thought that instead of confirming with his agent, they would try to pull a fast one on the league, Ducks, and Dadonov and blame Ottawa if they got caught. They sure as hell must have known what they were doing here.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
The point everyone else is making is, No Cap Friendly does not have more information than they have or a list of teams as you posted. Its been widely reported that they were told the NTC was null and invalid.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
To add to this, my guess is that once Vegas traded for him and noticed they didn’t receive the list, they thought that instead of confirming with his agent, they would try to pull a fast one on the league, Ducks, and Dadonov and blame Ottawa if they got caught. They sure as hell must have known what they were doing here.

Especially If that LA times article is accurate & they did indeed ask Dadonov to waive. That's pretty damning.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The contract says that he has the right to submit a 10 team no trade list. The contract does not specify whether or not his list for the season is void.
It really doesn't matter i'm not that invested in the argument. Were both not privy to discussions at either end of these deals so were left to speculate.

as far as what i said you can make a big deal if you want but i'm just expressing that it's funny that a fan website that i'm sure personnel probably use as a quick reference from time to time (but maybe not) could have at least given them the inclination to seek clarity if they were not so reckless to hope for the best at the final minutes of a deadline without proper communications from a 33yr old veteran player or his agent.

Anyway i'm out.......this looks good on Vegas they knew exactly what they were doing with the trade for Eichel and the subsequent Stone LTIR and how this would be timed for playoffs so they could inject their cheat strategy. Screw them and the gifted process that Bettman handed them i hope they miss the playoffs and look like a bigger bunch of idiots then they already do

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
That tweet means nothing to me, honestly. I'm not holding my breath for the NHL to document what exactly happened, but doing business the way Vegas did in this situation will continually bite you in the ass.
Let me fix this for you.

I'm not holding my breath for the NHL to document what exactly happened, but doing business the way the Senators does sucks for the rest of the league
:naughty:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yes we know that. What CapFriendly doesn’t tell you is if the NTC was void for the season. It just tells you if the contract has one.

CapFriendly didn’t have any information that Vegas didn’t have.
It's still a red flag, no? Whether still accurate or not based on a void, a team should have done their due diligence regardless who is at fault.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Let me fix this for you.

I'm not holding my breath for the NHL to document what exactly happened, but doing business the way the Senators does sucks for the rest of the league
:naughty:
Ottawa might have their own internal issues...hiring Pierre McGuire for example, but I don't fault them for Vegas' f*** up here.

Until definitive proof surfaces that confirms what Ottawa did or didn't tell Vegas, it's all conjecture. Regardless, Vegas had 9 months to verify his NTC status & chose not to.

Plus there's a quote in the LA Times that says Dadonov was asked to waive for Anaheim. So....

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Ottawa might have their own internal issues...hiring Pierre McGuire for example, but I don't fault them for Vegas' f*** up here.

Until definitive proof surfaces that confirms what Ottawa did or didn't tell Vegas, it's all conjecture. Regardless, Vegas had 9 months to verify his NTC status & chose not to.

Plus there's a quote in the LA Times that says Dadonov was asked to waive for Anaheim. So....

Wouldn't it be something if he was asked to waive for Anaheim BEFORE the trade was submitted to the league?

Reactions: Kane One

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2