Confirmed with Link: [ANA/VAN] Kesler to Anaheim for Bonino, Sbisa, 24th (and exchange of 3rds)

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Just because Kesler did right by his bosses doesn't mean he did right by his fans.
I'm not sure I agree. He's doing right by his fans, and more right than maybe any other player in that organisation, by working his rear end off every night he put on that jersey. That's all he got to do to be right by his fans. If his bosses accept his request for a trade, that isn't doing wrong by the fans, IMO.

edit: Also the purpose of a NTC is warped when a player with one asks for a trade. Kesler said he wanted a NTC when he signed that contract because he didn't want to be traded away from the close friends he had on the team.
Nope, that's not correct. A NTC is just as much about securing where you're going to as it is about making sure you're you don't get moved away, at all. Hence the half-way thing being these "limited NTCs" with just a few teams on the lists.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Thread title needs to be edited according to ESPN.

Nyquist has scored in both games. He led the Red Wings last season with 28 goals. ... Detroit C Pavel Datsyuk missed his second game with a separated right shoulder and Anaheim W Dany Heatley missed his second straight with a groin injury. ... Kesler, who was acquired from the Vancouver Canucks for for forward Brian Bonino, D Lucas Spisa and a draft pick during the NHL Draft in June, is from the Detroit suburb of Livonia.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Nope, that's not correct. A NTC is just as much about securing where you're going to as it is about making sure you're you don't get moved away, at all. Hence the half-way thing being these "limited NTCs" with just a few teams on the lists.

That's not really an accurate way of putting it. For many guys it's 100% about making sure you don't get moved. Obviously circumstances can change and players change their minds, but for most it's about making sure they're not traded, period. I think you underestimate how most players really don't like to be traded at all.

Limited NTCs are also different in this sense, as those ones are definitely for guys who aren't totally opposed to a move. They're also IMO not much more than a false sense of security for teams. It's not overly hard to turn a limited NTC into essentially a full one.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Looks like Kesler is playing really well for you guys. He's a great player (total Ahole in person though, ive met him a few times)

Bonino looked great tonight for Vancouver. He's no Kesler, but he's better than i expected

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
That's not really an accurate way of putting it. For many guys it's 100% about making sure you don't get moved. Obviously circumstances can change and players change their minds, but for most it's about making sure they're not traded, period. I think you underestimate how most players really don't like to be traded at all.

Limited NTCs are also different in this sense, as those ones are definitely for guys who aren't totally opposed to a move. They're also IMO not much more than a false sense of security for teams. It's not overly hard to turn a limited NTC into essentially a full one.

I don't think I underestimate it. Sure, for the biggest part it's about not getting traded whatsoever, in that sense, I should indeed have put it differently than "just as much". But in a broader spectrum, an NTC means simply having full control over where you are, whether that means staying put (as most of the time) or getting moved where you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad