Confirmed with Link: [ANA/SJ] Henry Thrun for 2024 3rd round pick

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
If his main concern was that he didn’t think he was good enough, or confident enough, to beat out some of our other prospects for NHL playing time, and simply wanted an easier road to the NHL… have fun. Don’t want guys with that attitude on our roster.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
If his main concern was that he didn’t think he was good enough, or confident enough, to beat out some of our other prospects for NHL playing time, and simply wanted an easier road to the NHL… have fun. Don’t want guys with that attitude on our roster.
Yeah, I agree. If he signs with SJS it was probably because he sensed that our management pegged him below guys like Lacombe and Zell. That would mean he doesn’t like to deal with competition. It also sounds like he lives a life of privilege and expected things to be promised to him.

Reactions: Deuce22 and ADHB
Oct 18, 2011
So Anaheim now have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year and 5 next year.

Might see them target some 2025 picks here in the coming days

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not too often you see a trade where Anaheim and SJ fans are happy with it.
This is actually the 2nd Ducks/Sharks trade within the last 3 years.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
An interesting wrinkle that I'm not sure has been brought up is Todd marchant's role with San Jose. He was the point man with all of our prospects the last few years, including thrun. Could be that relationship meant something here.
He'll certainly help them develop Dmen, even though Marchant was a Center he has had a ton of Dmen he's worked with pan out. SJ has a better history with developing forwards into top6 players, but defensemen they could use improvement and Marchant helps that I guess.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
An interesting wrinkle that I'm not sure has been brought up is Todd marchant's role with San Jose. He was the point man with all of our prospects the last few years, including thrun. Could be that relationship meant something here.
Wouldn't surprise me. He was always a good locker room guy and really good with the fans too. I was surprised when he was let go.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me. He was always a good locker room guy and really good with the fans too. I was surprised when he was let go.
Steel, Larson, Mahura, Jones, Nattinen i think were part of the reason he was let go.
On the flipside there is also the success storys like Theodore, Montour, Lundestrom, Petterson, Vatanen, Rakell.
Not including lottery picks.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Steel, Larson, Mahura, Jones, Nattinen i think were part of the reason he was let go.
On the flipside there is also the success storys like Theodore, Montour, Lundestrom, Petterson, Vatanen, Rakell.
Not including lottery picks.

Why exclude the lottery picks? Ritchie is a 10th overall and he bombed. Marchant joined the player dev group in 2011. There are a lot of players that went through Marchant. RW Terry, G Gibby, G Andersen, G Dostal, G Stolarz' as a FA, Benoit, all of our lottery picks, and all the draft picks before the 2022 draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad