Confirmed with Link: [ANA/SJ] Henry Thrun for 2024 3rd round pick

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If Thrun signs in SJ but not in ANA, I'm sort of confused.
he didn't want to sign here because the ducks already have a lot of LHD talent in the pool ahead of him. i don't see why he wouldn't sign with SJ since he'd actually have a chance at making the NHL soon with them

Reactions: Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If Thrun signs in SJ but not in ANA, I'm sort of confused.
It’s a level of foresight you rarely see because the easiest explanation is that it’s about the defensive prospect pool. Unless there’s a trade to come there really isn’t much of an opening on their defense to play this year and maybe next, but he also isn’t going to be competing with four or five other guys for the open spots here. Pretty interesting, really.

Either that or Grier is just taking a big swing and they don’t have any kind of commitment yet.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
It’s a level of foresight you rarely see because the easiest explanation is that it’s about the defensive prospect pool. Unless there’s a trade to come there really isn’t much of an opening on their defense to play this year and maybe next, but he also isn’t going to be competing with four or five other guys for the open spots here. Pretty interesting, really.

Either that or Grier is just taking a big swing and they don’t have any kind of commitment yet.
Makes perfect sense, Thrun has to consider his career first. This improves his odds of playing at least some time in the NHL tremendously.

Reactions: bsu

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
It looks to me like Thrun did not want to compete for a spot on the Ducks. I have to question the heart of a player who is not willing to compete for a position. It also tells me that Thrun (and his agent, er family advisor for another few weeks) think highly of the Ducks prospect pool on defense.

Oh well, Thrun is gone and the Ducks get a third round draft choice in 2024. I actually prefer the 2024 draft choice to a 2023 draft choice since if the Ducks use all of their current 2023 draft choices they will probably have too many players to actually sign in future years. There is not such a "traffic jam" yet for the 2024 draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad