Confirmed with Link: [ANA/PIT] Rickard Rakell (35% retained) for 2022 2nd round pick, Dominik Simon, Zach Aston-Reese, Calle Clang

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Lets be honest. If it was even remotely rumored Hampus and Rakell were being traded last deadline. Not one fan would be okay with it. So to use the terminology of, “should have done it last year” I don’t think would have bode well with majority of Duck fans.

On the contrary though, I don’t know one fan okay with these trades outside of Manson. Other than that, majority whom I’ve spoken to. Clearly not majority, just small sample size think these trades were shit. Maybe 15-20 people or so.

Either way my general consensus is that my feelings is Verbeek is a fricken clown. Because this return is taking every Duck fan by surprise as garbage. Because that’s what it equates to if I have the gavel after everything researched of talking to people who I know.

Not any fan that I’ve talked to. Getting this many assets for players that won’t be here in a month is pretty damn good.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Lets be honest. If it was even remotely rumored Hampus and Rakell were being traded last deadline. Not one fan would be okay with it. So to use the terminology of, “should have done it last year” I don’t think would have bode well with majority of Duck fans.

On the contrary though, I don’t know one fan okay with these trades outside of Manson. Other than that, majority whom I’ve spoken to. Clearly not majority, just small sample size think these trades were shit. Maybe 15-20 people or so.

Either way my general consensus is that my feelings is Verbeek is a fricken clown. Because this return is taking every Duck fan by surprise as garbage. Because that’s what it equates to if I have the gavel after everything researched of talking to people who I know.
I've definitely been in the sell camp since early last season, partially because I didn't know what we had in zegras and Drysdale yet so I wanted to keep acquiring assets and drafting in the top 5 until we had a great core. There was definitely quite a few others with me.

Reactions: The Duck Knight
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Not any fan that I’ve talked to. Getting this many assets for players that won’t be here in a month is pretty damn good.

I'm certainly in that boat.

I think acquiring this many picks for the next draft + is a great thing. I've noticed an opinion that's been slowly formed over the year that too many draft picks is somehow a 'bad' thing. With our drafting record, why wouldn't you want acquire more? More chances to build up some firepower that we sorely lack.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I was on the trade Rakell train for the past 3 years or so, but lately I was more indifferent because his value had already tanked. The only player we will truly miss is Lindholm, who I feel was a little underrated here. He was our most reliable defenseman, but I do understand why he was traded.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Rakell making plays in the first for the Pens - hopefully they elevate him to get more time on the PP since I didn't see him a ton on it

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
On a side note the more I’ve read up on clang the more I feel I start to like the trade, he prob slots in after dostal on our goalie depth chart, never a bad thing to have goalies flowing, specially with lots of teams needing goalies
Could be he's serious about moving Gibby. PV seems very much about the right attitude. I wo Der about Gibbys. He started the year great and DE sang his praises. I really wonder what happened to him.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Listening to Burkie on the Jeff Marek show apparently Ricky had a medical/dietary issue the last few years which is why his production's slipped.

Also could be just being polite but he says they felt it was a really high price for them. Said they really like Clang and felt only because their prospect pool depth is better that they could give him up, mentioned a UDFA goalie they just signed. That's somewhat encouraging.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Listening to Burkie on the Jeff Marek show apparently Ricky had a medical/dietary issue the last few years which is why his production's slipped.

Also could be just being polite but he says they felt it was a really high price for them. Said they really like Clang and felt only because their prospect pool depth is better that they could give him up, mentioned a UDFA goalie they just signed. That's somewhat encouraging.
I don't know how anyone could look at Clang and would not want him in their org. He is a decent prospect. And yeah, I think the haul for Rakell really was great, which means Burkie might not be fully satisfied :laugh:

Interesting about Raks dietary issue. He seems fit.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't know how anyone could look at Clang and would not want him in their org. He is a decent prospect. And yeah, I think the haul for Rakell really was great, which means Burkie might not be fully satisfied :laugh:

Interesting about Raks dietary issue. He seems fit.
My impression is that the dietary issue isn't that he's eating poorly -- it's that something in his diet is contributing to the medical issue.

Clang, like all but the most elite goaltending prospects, just doesn't excite me at all. Serviceable (not elite) goalies are easy to come by and Clang projects as the former. The prospect was the make-or-break for this deal to me and this is super meh.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I hope we extend these two and Carrick for at least a year in the coming weeks, also the Attlee Biggs trade tree is looking even more lopsided for ANA, I’m gonna try and make a chart soon, but if Gibby is moved in the off-season that will be a lot of assets flying around that trade tree.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I hope we extend these two and Carrick for at least a year in the coming weeks, also the Attlee Biggs trade tree is looking even more lopsided for ANA, I’m gonna try and make a chart soon, but if Gibby is moved in the off-season that will be a lot of assets flying around that trade tree.

I’m all for extending Carrick but I don’t want to see any extension for the other two until we see them play more.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I’m all for extending Carrick but I don’t want to see any extension for the other two until we see them play more.
Agreed with that. The only player I am confident in that we got is Vaks.

Oct 18, 2011

You are 100% wrong many people on this forum wanted Rakell traded last year.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

2nd goal for Aston-Reese with the Ducks in his 8th game equaling the amount of goals he had with Penguins in 52 games this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad