Confirmed with Link: ANA/OTT - Alex Grant for Andre Petersson

WhiteLight*

You know, you can go cheer for the Ducks if you want!

Same goes for anyone else that is "done" with this team.

I would cheer for the Ducks if I lived in California and they had Erik Karlsson.

So, unlikely to happen

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
........ppl are pissed over this??.....this is a good trade...

just found out my younger brother went to school with grant......and knows him quite well.

WhiteLight*

Agreed. This is getting ridiculous.

Well I'm not ''done'' wight the Sens. I just think the Ducks are doing an awesome job at both competing and setting themselves up for a great future

WhiteLight*

They shouldn't.

Not trading a player because he's buddies with someone else is stupid. This is a business.

lol

Murray basically gave Phillips what he wanted but Phillips is such a great guy and his buddy

Keeping Petersson would help keep Karlsson happy which would make Karlsson perform better which would make the Sens win which is good for business

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
You know, you can go cheer for the Ducks if you want!

Same goes for anyone else that is "done" with this team.

I wish this would happen.

Then we'd never have to hear about how great Don Maloney and the Coyotes are, or how Tim Murray will turn the Sabres into a 9-time Cup winning dynasty or how Silfverberg and Noesen will take turns winning the Art Ross and Hart Trophies....

Every here thinks we have it awful as Sens fans...sure, things aren't great right now, but would you really want to be a fan of the Sabres, or the Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Jets, Islanders etc. with the messes they have as GMs.

Bryan Murray isn't perfect, but he's done a whole lot of good for this team lately. More than a lot of GMs have done for their teams. If you don't like it, LEAVE. Go hang around another team's boards with your constant pessimism and whining.

The first bit of adversity this team has faced after overachieving for two straight seasons and you guys fold faster than the Sens of the early 2000s against the Leafs in the playoffs.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
........ppl are pissed over this??.....this is a good trade...

just found out my younger brother went to school with grant......and knows him quite well.

We are just more concerned over AndrePeterssons well being.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
I wish this would happen.

Then we'd never have to hear about how great Don Maloney and the Coyotes are, or how Tim Murray will turn the Sabres into a 9-time Cup winning dynasty or how Silfverberg and Noesen will take turns winning the Art Ross and Hart Trophies....

Every here thinks we have it awful as Sens fans...sure, things aren't great right now, but would you really want to be a fan of the Sabres, or the Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Jets, Islanders etc. with the messes they have as GMs.

Bryan Murray isn't perfect, but he's done a whole lot of good for this team lately. More than a lot of GMs have done for their teams. If you don't like it, LEAVE. Go hang around another team's boards with your constant pessimism and whining.

The first bit of adversity this team has faced after overachieving for two straight seasons and you guys fold faster than the Sens of the early 2000s against the Leafs in the playoffs.

Exactly!! Thank you for finally backing up what I have been saying :handclap: People are WAY too harsh and critical and get dramatic over the smallest things. It's just shameful sometimes.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
lol

Murray basically gave Phillips what he wanted but Phillips is such a great guy and his buddy

Keeping Petersson would help keep Karlsson happy which would make Karlsson perform better which would make the Sens win which is good for business

Having Petersson in the organization is going to make Karlsson perform better?

Ya ok.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

He's got enough buddies on the team already. He's a big boy.

WhiteLight*

Having Petersson in the organization is going to make Karlsson perform better?

Ya ok.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

He's got enough buddies on the team already. He's a big boy.

He's not really a big boy though, this kind of stuff can affect him. See Alfie, Silf, etc.

That said I agree he needs to suck it up.

That said the Phillips signing is contradictory to your it's a business comment

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
He's not really a big boy though, this kind of stuff can affect him. See Alfie, Silf, etc.

That said I agree he needs to suck it up.

That said the Phillips signing is contradictory to your it's a business comment

Actually, the Phillips signing is brilliant because he's maybe the biggest old guard name on the team. Playoff warrior, etc. Make him a Sens lifer, in a way they failed to do with Alfie. He's 'only' making 2.5 which with the cap no doubt going significantly up is about right for someone in a 5/6 D slot with his years of experience.

WhiteLight*

Actually, the Phillips signing is brilliant because he's maybe the biggest old guard name on the team. Playoff warrior, etc. Make him a Sens lifer, in a way they failed to do with Alfie. He's 'only' making 2.5 which with the cap no doubt going significantly up is about right for someone in a 5/6 D slot with his years of experience.

But winning and developing young players is more important than that.

Methot, Wiercioch, Cowen, Claesson, Boro.

You only have room for 2 of the above for the next 2 years. People are gonna be shipped out to keep Phillips. Wrong move imo

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
But winning and developing young players is more important than that.

Methot, Wiercioch, Cowen, Claesson, Boro.

You only have room for 2 of the above for the next 2 years. People are gonna be shipped out to keep Phillips. Wrong move imo

Phillips can become the 6/7 guy, almost like a playing coach. I'm good with that. I think Boro and Claesson are both somewhat overrated at this point and I'm about ready to cut bait with Cowen.

WhiteLight*

Phillips can become the 6/7 guy, almost like a playing coach. I'm good with that. I think Boro and Claesson are both somewhat overrated at this point and I'm about ready to cut bait with Cowen.

Cowen isn't so different than Phillips. Similar effectiveness. Difference is Cowen has a lot of room to grow and Phillips is only going to get worse. Easy choice here

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Good trade for Bingo. Shore up a weakness while dealing from strength. With Grant and Mullen moving the puck to the forwards, the team should be pretty strong down the stretch.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
info on 2 new "D" men ☺☻☺

"Mullen, 3 years with the Monarchs, good on the D as a stay at home, while Grant who has played with both WBS & Norfolk, a very good offensive D, esp on the PP, where he gets alot of his points.

Grant had a hat trick against the BSens down in Norfolk early this season.

Mullen played with Manchester in 2011 vs the BSens in the 1st round of the playoffs."

This information comes from Bob in Binghamton as I quote him.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Why am I getting strange feelings that Grant is a sleeper future NHL D and AP was overrated and did not have as much NHL potential as some thought? Is it me or is it me? ;)

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
it is very easy to be negative and complain complain complain.
this is why i just ignore the complainers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad