Alex Grant

Defense -- shoots R
Born Jan 20 1989 -- Antigonish, NS
[25 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 202 [191 cm/92 kg]

Drafted by Pittsburgh Penguins
- round 4 #118 overall 2007 NHL Entry Draft

2NHL games with Anaheim

Good, another big tough guy who shoots right, just what the smallish skilled Bingo Sens need. :handclap:

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Couple of articles on Grant can be found on hfutures. From what I've gathered he's an offensive defenseman with a howitzer. Not really dynamic and can be a liability in his own end. Played extremely well for the penguins' farm team in their playoff run.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Sad to see AP go, I was always a champion for him here. But adding a Nova Scotian is never a bad thing!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Zeke - what's your opinion of this trade & what do you think of Alex Grant, I'm sure you have seen him before. Thanks.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Hmm, sounds like there's some untapped potential here if he ever gets a shot one day. Maybe he'll surprise us down the road...

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Man oh man did Petersson ever fall from the top of our prospect list. I remember a few years ago when he got that game in Anaheim and looked pretty good that this was his big shot. Always had high hopes for him, but never did enough to really grab management's attention.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
for those who dont know grant is better then peterson.....hes also better then phillips corvo ....this is a good deal for us.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stupid log-jam at forwards, André never got his chance with the Sens

You're all going to regret this day!

What do you mean he never got his chance with the Sens? If he would have scored consistently like Hoffman did in Bingo he would have been called up. This is the NHL it is all about results & it's up to the player to prove he belongs. Ottawa did their part, they drafted him, they gave hime the tools he needed to succeed, the rest was up to him.

If Hoffman can't score at the NHL level then he will be replaced by someone else. That is the way it works, you know that, players have to produce when they are given the opportunity or they get replaced. The game is about positive results, prospects only get so many chances to prove they belong before they are replaced. That's the tough part of being a professional athlete, it only lasts so long & you never know when that end will come unless you choose it yourself.

WhiteLight*

Meh. my issue with this deal is

1-He was Karlsson's friend
2-He wasn't given a shot despite having a nice season
3-RW depth is weaker the RD depth

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
tumblr_muh2w3MHHP1rbp9dio1_500.gif

WhiteLight*

I like what the Ducks are doing. Love it actually

I wish Bob Murray was our GM.

Bob > Bryan

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
He has been having a good season in Bingo, a little odd that the team has given shots to Hoffman, Da Costa, Pageau but not Petersson at any point in the last two years.

Oh well, time to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad