Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MIN] John Klingberg (50%) for Andrej Sustr, Nikita Nesterenko, 2025 4th round pick

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
He had trade protection, did he not? Probably the reason for the underwhelming return (well aside from his play this season).

Similar case with Patrick Kane.
Yes, he had NTC which turned to modified NTC on Jan 1st in which he submits list of 10 teams he's willing to be traded to.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
People are making it sound like he is destitute.

Okay he missed the powerball but he still set for life with the mega millions.

How much money do people need? Dude has made 36 million playing hockey.
I feel you here. The problem is NHLers don't live like you and I do. Must be expensive buying impressive cars and suits, massive houses, and shopping at Whole Foods. It's shocking how quickly millionaires can make themselves poorer than a regular Joe who budgets well. But hey, maybe he's a John who budgets well. Not all sports stars blow their money.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
While he's still made loads of money so most will have trouble sympathizing to any degree, I do hate seeing people at any level of life bet on themselves and lose. Hopefully it works out for him in MIN.
I agree with a “but”
When you bet on yourself, you also need to beat your a$$ and show others they made a mistake in passing you over.

He either can’t play or didn’t make an effort. Either way, it was a seriously lost gamble by Verbeek for the Ducks

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think most teams would be happy to have Cam Fowler.

The guy doesn’t get enough recognition, even from Ducks fans. Has a legit chance to hit 50 points if he can stay somewhat hot, and on a very bad Ducks team, it’s remarkable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ManofSteel55
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I agree with a “but”
When you bet on yourself, you also need to beat your a$$ and show others they made a mistake in passing you over.

He either can’t play or didn’t make an effort. Either way, it was a seriously lost gamble by Verbeek for the Ducks
The gamble took place prior to free agency in turning down a Dallas offer to reach UFA.

But yeah, obviously he needed to ball out this year.

Reactions: pbgoalie

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
I feel you here. The problem is NHLers don't live like you and I do. Must be expensive buying impressive cars and suits, massive houses, and shopping at Whole Foods. It's shocking how quickly millionaires can make themselves poorer than a regular Joe who budgets well. But hey, maybe he's a John who budgets well. Not all sports stars blow their money.

Not even that, after taxes, escrow, agent fees team event expenses etc they take home 1/3 of what they make if that. For a career that a few years to 15-20 years at most with no higher education to fall back on

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This. If anyone hasn't read Chris Pronger's article about this,you should find it and give it a read.

Reactions: BagHead

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The gamble took place prior to free agency in turning down a Dallas offer to reach UFA.

But yeah, obviously he needed to ball out this year.

Yep, that agent really ****ed him over telling him better offers would be waiting for him.

:help:

Dallas definitely could've used him this season.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Klingberg playing better in Minnesota
Well, statistically he’s playing well for sure, but he definitely has had his share of turnovers and poor pinches, not sure his game has changed much but a supporting cast that better fits his play style has led to good results. As a Wild fan I have been quite happy with him, defensive warts and all, he has helped tremendously with his offensive puck movement.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Well, statistically he’s playing well for sure, but he definitely has had his share of turnovers and poor pinches, not sure his game has changed much but a supporting cast that better fits his play style has led to good results. As a Wild fan I have been quite happy with him, defensive warts and all, he has helped tremendously with his offensive puck movement.
Jeez it's almost as if some people watch the games, and don't just mock guys for fun. He's a very skilled 40-50 point defensemen, who needs to be paired up properly. No one on the Ducks pairs up with anyone properly. This was a great pickup, and I'm not sure that Nesterenko was a bad pickup by the Ducks either. It takes 5 minutes to get 10 pages of "fleeced" posts, but 30 seconds to wolf down a crow sandwich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad