Confirmed Trade: [ANA/BUF] Ilya Lyubushkin for MIN 2025 4th

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Lybushkin and Gudas huh.

Not a bad trade for Anaheim I guess.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Don't get why Anaheim didn't just re-sign Benoit for league min rather than sign hagg and give up a pick for lyubushkin.

With Lyubushkin, might just come down to wanting a RHD who can kill penalties. Ducks had a hole at 3RD, so I was wondering if they might be looking on the waiver wire for a Dylan Coghlan / Phil Myers type.

Fowler-Gudas
LaCombe?-Drysdale
Hagg/Vaakanainen-Lyubushkin

And then on an expiring deal, they might be taking a calculated gamble that they could trade Lyubushkin at the deadline and possibly upgrade on the pick they gave up?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Fair value I guess. What are 4th rounders really? Lyubushkin has at least had some highlight reel hits

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Draft picks, usually between 97th and 128th overall.
1692409827837.jpeg

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Don't get why Anaheim didn't just re-sign Benoit for league min rather than sign hagg and give up a pick for lyubushkin.
Because Benoit sucks and isn’t really a NHL level player. Plus the 4th was an extra fourth and the odds of a 4th rounder making any impact down the road is slim.

Adding Gudas, Lyubshkin, and Drysdale plus getting rid of the Eakins swarm defense will help the Ducks on the back end immensely.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Why we're keeping Bryson instead of Boosh, I have no idea. Good luck Boosh! You were fine as a 6th defenseman but took bad penalties a bit too often. Also provided a top 5 moment of the year:

I don’t see them keeping 8 D when they saddled themselves with 3 unproven goalies and are already down a top 6 forward. Especially not for Bryson. Moving out one worth rostering means they can waive Bryson down (no one is taking his needed to get to the floor last year contract) and be back to 7. Bryson shouldn’t complain. They paid him more than he should have made on his deal and gave him every opportunity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad