Confirmed with Link: [ANA/BUF] Ilya Lyubushkin for 2025 4th round pick

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I think Lyubushkin was a perfect addition to the team. No, he isn’t a particularly impressive player, but he’s a quality stopgap partner for Mintyukov, and he just happens to be Russian, too. He is not afraid to block shots and sacrifice his body, and he soaks up defensive minutes.
Yep, in terms of talent he’s probably equal to Kulikov, which was the similar acquisition last year. But in terms of fit, play style, etc, Lyubuskin likely ends up a much more impactful player.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I think Lyubushkin was a perfect addition to the team. No, he isn’t a particularly impressive player, but he’s a quality stopgap partner for Mintyukov, and he just happens to be Russian, too. He is not afraid to block shots and sacrifice his body, and he soaks up defensive minutes.

I rarely notice him, and that means he's playing his role perfectly. I agree 100%. I wonder if there is a language component to the Minty-Lybush pairing to help ease Minty in to the NHL?

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Unbelievable pickup for the Ducks.

He’s a type of a defensemen you want to see on your 2-3 pair and PK, simple plays, sacrifices the body

Would trade Gudbranson for him straight up :sarcasm:

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Drysdale traded means that Labush isn’t necessarily for sure traded now? We may value him past this season to play at least 1 more with Minty

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Drysdale traded means that Labush isn’t necessarily for sure traded now? We may value him past this season to play at least 1 more with Minty
I'd be fine keeping him for another season, he's good veteran depth and one of our only defense first defencemen.

Only thing that could tip the scales for me would be if LaCombe comes back and is playing good defence lower down the line up on the right hand side.

Of course this is assuming that PV isn't planning to go out and sign / trade for a quality RHD in the off-season.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I'd be fine keeping him for another season, he's good veteran depth and one of our only defense first defencemen.

Only thing that could tip the scales for me would be if LaCombe comes back and is playing good defence lower down the line up on the right hand side.

Of course this is assuming that PV isn't planning to go out and sign / trade for a quality RHD in the off-season.
Would definitely prefer a good quality rh dman in the summer

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Get a good solid basis on a one or two year contract. Move him at the deadline to the recoup a pick, preferably to a cap strapped team like Toronto who can't afford to sign him. Then sign him back ourselves in FA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad