Confirmed with Link: [ANA/BUF] Ilya Lyubushkin for 2025 4th round pick

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Looks like his defensive impacts were great before last year. He apparently wasn’t healthy last season so hopefully he is back to 100%.
1692414458455.png

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
It adds toughness and moves us away from having too many rookies. Also adds depth, which was about as deep as the Russian royal family’s genetic pool.
Also helps the PK, I would imagine. Although that really only makes 2 players we have that are ideal for the role. Maybe Hagg makes 3?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Alright the right side of the defense is set. Left side is Fowler and a bunch of question marks.
Hagg, Vaaks, LaCombe, and White seem like the obvious candidates for the 2 spots behind Cam. Zell and Minty would have to show a lot to unseat them in camp/preseason.

Reactions: McDonald19

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
This marks the first time we have used real draft capital in a trade under verbeek, right? A very positive sign, a lot of you were sure that we would just wait until the waiver wire to pick someone up for free. But he went out and targeted someone he wanted and used a 4th round pick to do so.

That would be an amazing offseason imho
A 4th round pick in 2 years isn't exactly what I'd call "real draft capital."

This isn't anything more than Verbeek addressing an obvious short-term hole in the roster.

Keep your pants on.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Yeah, he'd get a 5 and 10 for that hook with us...

Also, can someone explain to me what Vasy was doing there?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
On the pk, you gotta throw bush with gudas out there.. Nobody would dare to be in the crease. Gibson might considering staying now lol.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I’ll keep saying it: Verbeek is doing a fantastic job

So far

I wish he played the left side too but Anaheim just needs players that fit the bill and this dude is exactly that
even Verbeek's worst moves have kinda only been bad because of how badly Murray had handcuffed himself with our FAs. Seems like the Verbeek criticism has subsided a bit over the past few months but it could come back. the guy has done a lot things that have made sense, heck even the Klingberg signing was arguably pretty solid.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
2024 version of kulikov. seems like he's willing to throw his weight around, but not much else to write home about

left side of the D is absolute shit though. wouldn't have minded bringing harrington back

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The RD Gudas and RD Lyubushkin acquisitions are a much better fit than RD Klingberg and LD Kulikov on paper, the latter converting to RD. We actually picked up some defensive d-men who can play on the PK rather than converting OFD's in PK'ers such as Fowler, Kulikov, and Shattenkirk. Anaheim finished last year with the 2nd worst PK unit in the league.

Lyubushkin provides us with much needed natural RD depth this season since the only natural RD in our pro system left is Helleson. We should be training LD Hinds at RD, especially since he's been playing RD for the past few years. The timeline on our RD's could be a minimum of two years away with Luneau, Warren, and, hopefully, Moore, since none are at the AHL level this season.

While I do like the acquisition of Lyubushkin, I still feel like we're still in development mode for the season. There's the possibility that Lyubuskin could be a TDL asset, continuing the Klingberg line of asset acquisitions.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
"He is a big, physical, hard-nosed player that can kill penalties and will make us harder to play against."
Didn't check any of these boxes in Buffalo.

He's fine for a bottom pairing and I'm sure he'll flash some physicality at the beginning like he did in Buffalo. You'll be happy, but if you are soft and have a bad PK like Buffalo he won't fix any of that. Seems he fell below Stillman and Jokijarju on the depth charts, which should say something.

Keep the expectations low and you won't hate him.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad