Confirmed with Link: [ANA/BUF] Ilya Lyubushkin for 2025 4th round pick

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So the D went from having a bunch of 6, 7, and 8’s , to now having a bunch of 4, 5 and 6’s. Baby steps.

What’s up with this Gummy Bear nickname? Saw it on here and Twitte….er um X.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So realistically we’re looking at

Killorn zegras mctavish
Henrique carlsson terry
Silf strome vatrano
Mcginn groulx Carrick

- not really sure how forward lines will look, I assume we want to keep strome or Henrique w/ carlsson, unless carlsson just goes to wing to start.

Fowler Gudas
Hagg drysdale
Lacombe lyebushkin

W/ white and helleson filling in on maintenance days/injuries? Not perfect but much improved from last year.

I still think Mintyukov is going to make it hard for team to send down.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So realistically we’re looking at

Fowler Gudas
Hagg drysdale
Lacombe lyebushkin

W/ white and helleson filling in on maintenance days/injuries?

Better than we had last year. Of course a lot will depend on how the young players like Drysdale and LaCombe progress but at least they some better support.

Then next season gave Minty, Zellweger, and Hinds likely ready to make the jump to the NHL.

D is getting there, slowly but it’s getting there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Better than we had last year. Of course a lot will depend on how the young players like Drysdale and LaCombe progress but at least they some better support.

Then next season gave Minty, Zellweger, and Hinds likely ready to make the jump to the NHL.

D is getting there, slowly but it’s getting there.
I think minty ends up on the team some time this year(maybe post deadline)…. As we can prob ship off bush and Hagg depending on the standings

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
This is a guy I thought Verbeek would target, but I would think we would be the ones getting the pick for taking on the contract when Buffalo has too many defensemen and Illya was bad last year. I was also thinking that Gibson would have been involved with us getting a bigger return… it looks like a pouting Gibby is really sticking around.

Tough physical defender hard to play against usually equals ability to fight as well smart-ass
He thinks Justin Holl is physical and tough

Reactions: Dirk316

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
even Verbeek's worst moves have kinda only been bad because of how badly Murray had handcuffed himself with our FAs. Seems like the Verbeek criticism has subsided a bit over the past few months but it could come back. the guy has done a lot things that have made sense, heck even the Klingberg signing was arguably pretty solid.

My biggest criticism was not addressing toughness, especially after the Terry incident, but he's slowly fixing it now.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I wonder what Bob Marley would think if he read Dirk’s posts
And the captain of anti fighting. You've been yearning for this for years. Obsessing over Torontos garbage roster. Guess what now they are one of the toughest teams in hockey. But unlike Anaheim they actually made the playoffs. It's unreal how many "fans" love this garbage

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
And the captain of anti fighting. You've been yearning for this for years. Obsessing over Torontos garbage roster. Guess what now they are one of the toughest teams in hockey. But unlike Anaheim they actually made the playoffs. It's unreal how many "fans" love this garbage
It’s clear that our new GM wants toughness, but he and Cronin are on record as saying guys need to be able to do more than just fight. I’m very confident we will be as close to a modern day big bad skilled ducks in 2-3 more seasons, with each passing season getting much closer to that.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Tough physical defender hard to play against usually equals ability to fight as well.

"Usually" leaves room for some exceptions and I think Lybushkin is one of them. If he has a calling card, it's that he's known for throwing big hits. Sort of surprising he hasn't been forced into a few more scraps to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
"Usually" leaves room for some exceptions and I think Lybushkin is one of them. If he has a calling card, it's that he's known for throwing big hits. Sort of surprising he hasn't been forced into a few more scraps to be honest.
He will have 1 or 2 fights this season for the ducks. I’m calling it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00