American Prospect Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
The guys at USHR thought the 96 group of forwards was the best they've seen in the last 15 or so years of covering the development camps. Listed Jack Eichel as far and away the best forward. Think he will challenge McDavid for 1st overall.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Tickets for USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game - to be held at the
First Niagara Center in Buffalo, NY on September 29 are now on sale -
$20 for the 100 Level/200 Level - $15 for the 300 Level. Click on the
"Tickets On Sale Now" banner at Sabres.com to order your tickets.

Note: If your travels get you to the First Niagara Center box office, I advise
you go that way on getting your tickets - you will then avoid paying like a
$8 service charge per ticket. (Also you can pick where you want to sit and
not have to go with what comes up as best available.)

Last edited:

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
The guys at USHR thought the 96 group of forwards was the best they've seen in the last 15 or so years of covering the development camps. Listed Jack Eichel as far and away the best forward. Think he will challenge McDavid for 1st overall.

What other forwards caught their eye?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002

It's quite a statement for them to say they think he's already better than Adam Erne (who they had as the top rated forward at the Select 17 tournament) is right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing these players over the next few years. It's entirely possible my worries will prove to be completely unfounded as I'll admit they're based on some potentially faulty deductions.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's quite a statement for them to say they think he's already better than Adam Erne (who they had as the top rated forward at the Select 17 tournament) is right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing these players over the next few years. It's entirely possible my worries will prove to be completely unfounded as I'll admit they're based on some potentially faulty deductions.

if I keep my expectations low, then I can no longer be disappointed...

the past few years we have seen so many "early" hyped US kids just fall on their face, with very little able to step up...

I really dont know what to make of this years draft, but it at least should be better then the 2012 draft for the US...I dont know how many first rounders, or top 15 kids, but overall should be better...

Much of what I have seen from the 95-97 years is from the midwest and out west only...I dont get to see much of the East Coast though I have paid a ton of attention to Eichel and Hanifin that seem to be as highend as it gets for their respective positions..

maybe the East Coast has a lot of kids coming from the 96' group that I havent seen, but as it stands I still like the 95's and 97's more then the 96's from a mid west/west standpoint... that could all change, but I hope all 3 years are gigantic years for USA Hockey, we need some highend new blood now!

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

Yeah, it sounds like Eichel is the closest thing to a can't miss prospect. Already has size too. I'll be curious to see how Blake Clarke develops. Hopefully he hasn't peaked. It wouldn't surpass me if MacInnis and Stevens end up in the 1st round in 2 years though. Both are big, skilled and have the bloodlines. Also sounds like Keegan Iverson is a monster, and will fit in nice with Portland.

Also, it appears Nick Schmaltz and Marcel Godbout were not in attendance. Or Josh Jacobs on defense.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, it sounds like Eichel is the closest thing to a can't miss prospect. Already has size too. I'll be curious to see how Blake Clarke develops. Hopefully he hasn't peaked. It wouldn't surpass me if MacInnis and Stevens end up in the 1st round in 2 years though. Both are big, skilled and have the bloodlines. Also sounds like Keegan Iverson is a monster, and will fit in nice with Portland.

Also, it appears Nick Schmaltz and Marcel Godbout were not in attendance. Or Josh Jacobs on defense.

Godbout hasnt been to much with the US camps of late...wonder if there is some issues with him and USA Hockey...

Schmaltz is an extremely gifted kid, one of the best I have seen in the midwest, I hope he continues to progress as he has the skills to be a star...not sure why he wasnt there either, but hopefully there are no issues with him and USA Hockey as well.

Iverson is going to be a great player, cant wait to see more of him in Portland...him and Jones will be awesome to see on that team...

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
Much of what I have seen from the 95-97 years is from the midwest and out west only...I dont get to see much of the East Coast though I have paid a ton of attention to Eichel and Hanifin that seem to be as highend as it gets for their respective positions..

maybe the East Coast has a lot of kids coming from the 96' group that I havent seen, but as it stands I still like the 95's and 97's more then the 96's from a mid west/west standpoint... that could all change, but I hope all 3 years are gigantic years for USA Hockey, we need some highend new blood now!

I think Eichel, Hitchcock and Tuch are the East Coast forwards to watch. All three played Junior B as 15 year olds and dominated.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think Eichel, Hitchcock and Tuch are the East Coast forwards to watch. All three played Junior B as 15 year olds and dominated.

you know much about Cam Askew?

I know he is a 97, but everything I have heard about him is very exciting...people I know with Indiana are stoked to hopefully have this kid in the USHL

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
you know much about Cam Askew?

I know he is a 97, but everything I have heard about him is very exciting...people I know with Indiana are stoked to hopefully have this kid in the USHL

Only what I read on the internet. :) Sounds like a real nice prospect.
The '97 you hear a lot about that I've seen live is Jeremy Bracco. Sick hands. Leading the US Select 15 camp in scoring so far.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Godbout was the only player from the Youth Olympic Games roster that didn't even get an NTDP camp invite IIRC. USAH must have been underwhelmed by his talent and/or attitude and he probably skipped the select camp because of it. Either way, he seems to be a kid whose skills may have peaked at 14.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Only what I read on the internet. :) Sounds like a real nice prospect.
The '97 you hear a lot about that I've seen live is Jeremy Bracco. Sick hands. Leading the US Select 15 camp in scoring so far.

Tied for scoring lead with Bracco is another name that just keeps popping up is Luke Kirwan. Kid crushed the Empire league this year, almost doubled what Eichel put up at the same age. Thought maybe it was because he played with Tuch but doesn't look the case now. Pretty crazy he's only a September birthday, many feel he'll be in Canada as soon as he can play there, possibly #1 overall pick in OHL if he commits to playing there. Playing in the EJHL for the Junior Islanders next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad