American Prospect Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Where is the U17 tourney held this year and when? Is this roster for the 5 Nations?

We're talking about the team for the U18 Ivan Hlinka tournament held in the Czech Republic and Slovakia this August. The U17 5 Nations tournament you saw last year is being held in the Czech Republic this August as well.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
We're talking about the team for the U18 Ivan Hlinka tournament held in the Czech Republic and Slovakia this August. The U17 5 Nations tournament you saw last year is being held in the Czech Republic this August as well.

Does the NTDP U17 team that was recently selected go to the 5 Nations tournament in August? any idea what the dates are?
Thanks.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Does the NTDP U17 team that was recently selected go to the 5 Nations tournament in August? any idea what the dates are?
Thanks.

No, the U17 Select team will be composed of players from USA Hockey's Select 16 camp which takes place the second week of July. The tournament will be held August 7th through 12th.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
No, the U17 Select team will be composed of players from USA Hockey's Select 16 camp which takes place the second week of July. The tournament will be held August 7th through 12th.

So they exclude the NTDP players or it's a mix? I'm pretty sure the NTDP players have to attend that camp.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
So they exclude the NTDP players or it's a mix? I'm pretty sure the NTDP players have to attend that camp.

They'll exclude the players that are heading to the NTDP. It's possible that a player or two that makes the Select U17 Tournament Team could end up with the NTDP this year though if they still have open spots. Also, the soon-to-be NTDP players don't have to attend the Select 16 either but usually do.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
They'll exclude the players that are heading to the NTDP. It's possible that a player or two that makes the Select U17 Tournament Team could end up with the NTDP this year though if they still have open spots. Also, the soon-to-be NTDP players don't have to attend the Select 16 either but usually do.

Thanks for the info. Always appreciate your posts.

A soon-to-be-NTDP player told me he had to attend.
I'll check though.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Thanks for the info. Always appreciate your posts.

A soon-to-be-NTDP player told me he had to attend.
I'll check though.

It could depend on the player. From what we know, there's still 2 spots open (1 F, 1 D). I don't know what player you're referring to but if he's not on this list then it's possible his offer is contingent upon him showing up to the Select 16 and performing there. They usually fill the last couple spots from this camp.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio

Thanks for the information. Any U18 tourneys in the US this summer/year?

DraftNerd

Jun 30, 2011
Omaha, NE
I know back in May there were whispers of Thatcher Demko having a invite. Was wondering if there was any new information. I've heard from some that say he isn't coming back to Omaha.

Don't know how credible they are so thought I would ask. Thanks.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Thanks for the information. Any U18 tourneys in the US this summer/year?

None that I know of yet but the NTDP schedule won't be released for another couple of months.

I saw on one of the USHL boards that Jordan Cross will be added to the NTDP U18s. I can't confirm, just relaying info.

You mean Gross, right? They went a defenseman short this year, cycling guys in and out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they add one for full time service this season. Gross seems to be very productive on the back end so perhaps he'll provide some offense to a blue line which seemed a bit thin in that respect last season.

IkeaMonkey*

I know back in May there were whispers of Thatcher Demko having a invite. Was wondering if there was any new information. I've heard from some that say he isn't coming back to Omaha.

Don't know how credible they are so thought I would ask. Thanks.

Like I posted a while back...he wasn't at camp. Not lookin good for the Lancers...

DS1456Hockey

May 27, 2012
Buffalo NY
None that I know of yet but the NTDP schedule won't be released for another couple of months.

You mean Gross, right? They went a defenseman short this year, cycling guys in and out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they add one for full time service this season. Gross seems to be very productive on the back end so perhaps he'll provide some offense to a blue line which seemed a bit thin in that respect last season.

U18 NTDP will add a D. They also will need to fill the hole/s created when Volitn bolted and maybe one other. Who will fill the forward openings? Any news?

MinnesotaGuy

Mar 9, 2011
I saw on one of the USHL boards that Jordan Cross will be added to the NTDP U18s. I can't confirm, just relaying info.

It's Jordan Gross from Maple Grove High School (MN). Had 47 points this year. Heard through the grape vine he hasn't made a decision yet.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Connor Carrick's OHL rights were traded from Guelph to Plymouth for a 6th rounder.

Anyone with any insights, is this Plymouth with a low risk high reward trade or is he going to play there this season?

Little small to be a hot shot NHL prospect, but he will be an excellent player in either the NCAA or OHL.

Hope he stays Blue but I get less and less optimistic, especially when it involves Plymouth or Windsor getting these guys.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Connor Carrick's OHL rights were traded from Guelph to Plymouth for a 6th rounder.

Anyone with any insights, is this Plymouth with a low risk high reward trade or is he going to play there this season?

Little small to be a hot shot NHL prospect, but he will be an excellent player in either the NCAA or OHL.

Hope he stays Blue but I get less and less optimistic, especially when it involves Plymouth or Windsor getting these guys.

There is probably a pretty good reason why Plymouth traded for his rights, usually when this happens they have some knowledge the player will show up.

I think Michigan returns 6 dmen, and also are bringing in Trouba. Carrick is a 5th rounder. Maybe Plymouth's selling point will be promising him top 4 minutes, not bottom 2 or press box.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Cammarata is the obvious #1 choice. Hard to think he would join though. By all reports, USAH chose not to offer him for the NTDP despite him apparently dominating the selection camp. And then we all saw/read about what he did in the USHL this year. The only reason he'd leave Waterloo (who should be even better next year and a favorite to win the USHL) is if he prefers to play in the IIHF U-18 tournament over the USHL playoffs. I'd say it's a long shot at best.

I'd think regardless of what they do they'll probably use the openings as a chance to possible lure some '95s to the upcoming player development camps or to try and amp up the competition there for some of the guys that want to play for the NTDP.

Some names I'll throw out just for sake of discussion: Justin Bailey, Shane Eiserman, Ryan Siroky.

To follow up on this, there's rumors going about that Justin Bailey has been offered a spot on the NTDP U18 team.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
is there any announcement on the ivan hlinka tournament roster or is it just the u18 team?

The final (all-star) game for the Select 17 Player Development Camp is early tomorrow morning. We should see the Ivan Hlinka roster released not too shortly after that game concludes tomorrow.

The rumor is Bailey was offered a spot on the NTDP U18 team for next year. Either way, I'd expect him on the Ivan Hlinka squad as well.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
is there any announcement on the ivan hlinka tournament roster or is it just the u18 team?

comes from the camp, so pretty much little to no USNDP will make the team.....I know Silk did last year due to his injury and the USNDP wanting him to get some action in, but this is going to be a heavy CHL/USHL (non USNDP) squad..

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
There is probably a pretty good reason why Plymouth traded for his rights, usually when this happens they have some knowledge the player will show up.

I think Michigan returns 6 dmen, and also are bringing in Trouba. Carrick is a 5th rounder. Maybe Plymouth's selling point will be promising him top 4 minutes, not bottom 2 or press box.

Chris Peters just tweeted that Carrick is going to sign with Plymouth.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
The final (all-star) game for the Select 17 The rumor is Bailey was offered a spot on the NTDP U18 team for next year. Either way, I'd expect him on the Ivan Hlinka squad as well.

i would imagine that removed the $50k penalty and thus made it easier for him to say no to Spott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad