Olympics: American and Canadian refs when USA/CAN are playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
It would be kind of stupid to complain about how NHL does things, when they pay your contract. Players always stays neutral to their employer!

Forsberg is pissed, because he has payed against Canada and their referees in a lot of important games. Not least this final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm3MxFAxnUM

Game misconduct? I think not!

Heh. Forsberg lying on the ice like he got shot. If I had a dime for every time I've seen that...

But yes. Your 13 second youtube clip from a game ten years ago that has nothing to do with this one certainly speaks volumes about your point.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think we need to be discussing how Canadian referees are superior to the rest of the world. 5 straight years referring the god medal game. :sarcasm:

Ralfduran

Jul 24, 2009
Stockholm, Sweden
So let me get this straight. Your point fundamentally boils down to "The best refs in the world, as evaluated by the highest governing body in the sport, shouldn't be allowed to ref the gold medal match if their country is in it because people, who don't follow the sport and aren't interested in listening to the actual explanation. will assume it's corrupt." Is that accurate?

Yes. And the other teams who compete will Canada, will be at disadvantage.

Also "best in the world" is an subjective statement. Aren't there any good american refs in the NHL? For some reason, they put the all american in the bronze game, and the half canadian in the final game. We also have a russian in the bronze game. Clearly the argument "Best in the world" is BS. Shouldn't we have good refs in a bronze game as well? Why is the russian there?

I also want to rewrite the contract concerning the olympics. I want the best refs of the tournament to do the final game - meaning we review the perfromances of all the refs, and pick the best. I don't see the point with deciding NHL-refs in the GMG before the start of the tournament. European refs can't compete to begin with.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
We're at the 1000 post limit and we're starting to get a little flamey.

Lets take a bit of a break on this topic. If it's worth discussing, we'll open another thread in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille