All-Time Draft #11, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Add Fredrickson to the list of Western forwards who should be selected about 40-50% higher than they are... along with MacKay, Foyston, Keats, Hyland, and a few others not yet taken. Nice pick.

Kyle McMahon selects Jack Adams, coach.

Yeah, here it is. It's not on the main page, I guess it was pretty easy to miss.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Yeah, here it is. It's not on the main page, I guess it was pretty easy to miss.

Not only was it not on the main page, but the main page was partially updated at the time and the pick, itself, was not bolded. As a courtesy to TC, I think we should give him a little while to make a new pick. I'll PM him now.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I'm going to be around throughout the day, checking the draft board and the Telus Cup national midget AAA final, so I can take lists.

We're thrilled to add Bob Bourne to round out our two-way line. He's listed on most sites as a centre, but he played extensively at LW during the Islanders' dynasty, thanks to Bourne's versatility and the Isles tremendous depth down the middle. (Trottier, Goring, Sutter, an undrafted player). There are few wingers who combine size, speed and hockey sense like Bob Bourne.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Anyang Halla picks
Jimmy Peters

:D

I had Peters in the last three MLDs. Last draft when I finally had success I said "I hope this means Peters will get some more respect next time so I don't have to take him myself again". I had a feeling he'd finally get his due but I never dreamed that he would get taken this high. But in all honesty, you can argue he's a legit pick right now. He was top-20 in goals 4-5 times, peaked at 7th in goals, and won three cups. He shut down the Krauts and made life difficult for the Pony line too.

So it can be argued that he can provide more offense than many 3rd line RWs, and while he did not earn a high profile shutdown reputation like a Provost or a Gainey/Ramsay, he has championship winning shutdown experience.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Thank you. He went way too low last time. Even now, a 1st team all-star, second team all-star and NHL goal scoring leader is a steal. Perfect way to round out my energy line.
His peak was great, coming out of the war years, but his career wasn't so great overall, became less of a factor over time. If he is steal, then you surely can name three or four drafted left wingers he ought to have gone before? the last two left wingers drafted were Markus Naslund and J.P. Parise, neither of whom I'd forego for Stewart, though I was plenty happy to get him in the 23rd round last draft. This round, the 15th, is the absolute earliest he should go, is a 16th or 17th rounder imo, as there are at least two more left wingers I'd certainly draft before him.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
The Kimberley Dynamiters are proud to round out their top four with a player who adds every single element lacking to this point: a steady defensive defenseman who can skate and shoot the puck.

D Charlie Huddy

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Twins unanimously select a fast skating, skilled playmaking pivot, who made a career out of playing a defensive-oriented style, a four-time Stanley Cup champion Lady Byng to centre Graves and Rousseau on the Thunder Bay third line

Phil Goyette
Goyette_Phil_001.jpg

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
The Twins unanimously select a fast skating, skilled playmaking pivot, who made a career out of playing a defensive-oriented style, a four-time Stanley Cup champion Lady Byng to centre Graves and Rousseau on the Thunder Bay third line

Phil Goyette
Goyette_Phil_001.jpg

Darnit....

nik's been able to steal him the past couple drafts, I thought I had a good chance at finally getting him this time.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
413 - Jungosi - Wacken Warriors - ON THE CLOCK

414 - DoMakc & JohnFlyersFan - Kilkenny Bustards
415 - EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
416 - Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings
417 - shawnmullin & pappyline - Trail Smoke Eaters
418 - camperjr - Edmonton Oilers
419 - Leopold Stotch - Boston Braves
420 - arrbez - Inglewood Jacks