All-Time Draft #11, Part 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Pleasure doing business. I get the feeling you're doing this just to prove a point to seventieslord. ;)

Haha, nope. Oddly enough, if it wasn't for the trade with Mr. Bugg, then I would have gone a different route trading down.

I always have a plan, and this pretty much guarantees that I get the two types of players I need to properly execute my plan.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Haha, nope. Oddly enough, if it wasn't for the trade with Mr. Bugg, then I would have gone a different route trading down.

I always have a plan, and this pretty much guarantees that I get the two types of players I need to properly execute my plan.

There you go - you can show off the tactical advantage of picking later in the 1st and earlier in the 2nd.

Meanwhile, I can attempt to execute a little plan of my own...

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
385390.gif

Pleasure doing business. I get the feeling you're doing this just to prove a point to seventieslord. ;)

let him. :laugh:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
5th is one of the hardest spots to pick, IMO. So many different choices, depending on what direction you want to go in. Especially since after the big-4, the next best really is based on opinion.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
it hasn't started yet

seriously... come back saturday

no need to become discouraged by waiting around before it even begins!

I live on HfBoards so for me it's a small commute.:)
once the 1st player is picked, it is too easy to fall into anticipation.

5th is one of the hardest spots to pick, IMO. So many different choices, depending on what direction you want to go in. Especially since after the big-4, the next best really is based on opinion.

same for my pick, 12. i'd have a much better idea of who to pick if i were picking a few spots earlier or a few spots later.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't think this changes the fact that Nalyd should have demanded a premium to give Champagne those 10 spots.

He wanted players in the 20s and 30s, and that's a talent-laden tier which can drop off as steeply in the 40s as the drop from the 10s to 20s. Roughly.

Naturally Nalyd believes it, and depending on the draft, so do I. Really, that's what makes a snake draft fair, isn't it?

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Evil Speaker was in the house not long ago. Hope is looking to make his selection tonight.

I have Kyle McMahon list for #6
I have Reds4life list for #7 (though not officially, I'm not sure I'll use it)
And obviously I can make my own selection at #8.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
There was nothing insane about the discussion, and you might be surprised at which GM wanted which player. At any rate, the Boston Bruins are very pleased to select defenseman Doug Harvey.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Here's the situation:

I have Kyle McMahon list at #6

I have Reds4life list at #7, BUT he didn't officially gave it to me. I was curious as to who he would select and he send me a list of players. It was pretty straightforward, but I don't feel 100% confident of revealing the selection.

I obviously can select for myself at #8.

Leaf Lander at #9 havn't post since the creation of the thread and is not around.

So, I would prefer to wait until Reds4life come on the board and let him select.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
You may as well announce Kyle McMahon's pick so that Reds4Life can announce his pick whenever he's around.

You're right. I remember now that he's gone for a day or two. I prefer letting people pick, but he won't be around anyway.

With the 6th overall pick, the Hampton Roads Admirals select defenseman Eddie Shore

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
it's more "aesthetically pleasing" to start building a team from the blueline, or from center out. Not so much from LW. I don't think there is any question who the #5 player of all-time is, but I can't say for sure I'd take him 5th.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I'm still mulling over my selection. I will pick before going to sleep or as soon as Leaf Lander is ready to make is selection.

EDIT: My list of the top-7 player I wanted were selected ... in order! I would have made the exact same selection of the ones made if I have had any of the top-7 pick!

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
it's more "aesthetically pleasing" to start building a team from the blueline, or from center out. Not so much from LW. I don't think there is any question who the #5 player of all-time is, but I can't say for sure I'd take him 5th.
I know what you mean. I was THIS close to pick up Harvey or Shore. I love building teams from the blue-line. But it was Mario....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad