OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Thor Dark World was the worst. Black widow is right there, although I think that movie just suffers more from being released 8 years too late. 2014ish...it would have been fine. Just anti climactic to have the the main protagonist already dead in MCU and a guy in a floating city as the big bad when we just dealt with Thanos. Underwhelming.

If you want to champion the artistic styling of Strange 2, ok sure, certainly unique to the MCU there.

I think it's mainly Wanda's story I didn't like with Dr Strange 2. She got Daenerys Targaryened with her under developed heel turn. Also...what's up with 838 Mordo...no story advancement there. And no other cameos from any other heroes, for a sequel...I'd hope for more.
Wandavision already Targaryened her. You really can't come back from enslaving a whole town, especially with the Darkhold in her hands at the end of the show. By the time she started slaughtering people I was glad they had the balls to go to with what I thought SHOULD happen.

Plus we got the first glimpse of Reed Richards, 90's X-Men Xavier (!!!), a chance for everyone to point and laugh at Black Bolt after his crap show got cancelled, and at the end Clea shows up from the Dark Dimension to sting the sequel.

Reactions: Rebels57

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Wandavision already Targaryened her. You really can't come back from enslaving a whole town, especially with the Darkhold in her hands at the end of the show. By the time she started slaughtering people I was glad they had the balls to go to with what I thought SHOULD happen.

Plus we got the first glimpse of Reed Richards, 90's X-Men Xavier (!!!), a chance for everyone to point and laugh at Black Bolt after his crap show got cancelled, and at the end Clea shows up from the Dark Dimension to sting the sequel.
yea in Wandavision she went down the I'm the bad guy, this is wrong, ok I'll stop and try to heal. And basically, repeated the exact same pattern in Strange 2 like no lessons learned. Half measure storytelling. Should of had her lose in WV, but be full heeled, or just have the bigger bad manipulating her in DR 2. They've done better...the rest of the chars, (aside from Clea) are just 838 throwaways...

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Reading these spoilers makes me glad I decided to skip going to see it this weekend and that I can wait

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Finally saw Multiverse.

I have A LOT of thoughts.

Overall I liked it a lot. I thought the plot was fantastic, but the execution was inconsistent. Lots that I loved, some that didnt work.

Didnt help that the sound quality in the AMC theater I saw it in was ass. It was way too low and only playing in Stereo. Seemed like someone f***ed up a setting on what A/V Receiver they are using. I almost got up to complain and wish I did. Never felt "immersed" because of it.

Super pumped to have Krasinski as Reed Richards and the X-Men now MCU confirmed via Stewart's Xavier

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Finally saw Multiverse.

I have A LOT of thoughts.

Overall I liked it a lot. I thought the plot was fantastic, but the execution was inconsistent. Lots that I loved, some that didnt work.

Didnt help that the sound quality in the AMC theater I saw it in was ass. It was way too low and only playing in Stereo. Seemed like someone f***ed up a setting on what A/V Receiver they are using. I almost got up to complain and wish I did. Never felt "immersed" because of it.

Super pumped to have Krasinski as Reed Richards and the X-Men now MCU confirmed via Stewart's Xavier

I think I'm one of the few who thought it was nice Krasinski was Richards, but hope he isn't Earth 616's Reed Richards moving forward. I don't think Krasinski fits the role, truthfully. What do you think?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think I'm one of the few who thought it was nice Krasinski was Richards, but hope he isn't Earth 616's Reed Richards moving forward. I don't think Krasinski fits the role, truthfully. What do you think?

I absolutely want Krasinski as Reed Richards. I think hes perfect. Hoping Emily Blunt is Susan Storm as well.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Aside from the questionable CGI which I hope they are going to fine-tune prior to release, I think it looks different and fun. Should appeal to more women as well then some of the other series' so far, which makes sense consdering it's She-Hulk.
3/4 of the CGI in that trailer looks like it should be cut-scenes in a video game engine. I mean wow, the level was just not realistic at all. It's coming out in August? That's not too far away.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
3/4 of the CGI in that trailer looks like it should be cut-scenes in a video game engine. I mean wow, the level was just not realistic at all. It's coming out in August? That's not too far away.

Yeah, it's gotta look better than that when the series drops or it's going to get torn apart online.

I'll take watching it on my calibrated 77" OLED over the Theatre and it's crap picture any day.

I think you need to go to better theaters lol

Reactions: Amorgus

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
Yeah, it's gotta look better than that when the series drops or it's going to get torn apart online.

I think you need to go to better theaters lol
Don't get me wrong, they have me beat with regards to sound, but I'm a bit of a picture quality snob. My tv blows the theatre away even though it's far smaller.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The new Doctor Strange was excellent. They took the story EXACTLY where it needed to go (plot & tone-wise). Raimi clearly had a blast making this movie

• Love
Reactions: Amorgus

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I really think Disney/Marvel is doing itself a disservice by pushing out so much content. I am a big fan of most comics they put out but the movies/TV they put out not so much.

It's getting to be like what had me stop buying Marvel comics. I never bought them much growing up, didn't really have extra money to spend. When I was in college was when the first X-men movie came out and I graduated and there was a comics store maybe 2 blocks from where I was working so for a lot of my 20s I did buy comics. Then you had Civil War and that was when it really started where you had Marvel attempt to tie the cross-over events narrative into like dozens of other titles in an attempt to get those other titles read. Then Marvel continued that with like Secret Invasion, Annihilation, etc... and I think at that point for a time I read the comics online because there was like a good deal, but then that went away and I just stopped completely.

You can see it happening with Star Wars as well. There's something like 6 or 7 tv series/mini-series event things in production. Not including future seasons of Mando, Boba Fett? and the currently airing Obi-Wan.

Reactions: trostol

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It's getting to be like what had me stop buying Marvel comics. I never bought them much growing up, didn't really have extra money to spend. When I was in college was when the first X-men movie came out and I graduated and there was a comics store maybe 2 blocks from where I was working so for a lot of my 20s I did buy comics. Then you had Civil War and that was when it really started where you had Marvel attempt to tie the cross-over events narrative into like dozens of other titles in an attempt to get those other titles read. Then Marvel continued that with like Secret Invasion, Annihilation, etc... and I think at that point for a time I read the comics online because there was like a good deal, but then that went away and I just stopped completely.

You can see it happening with Star Wars as well. There's something like 6 or 7 tv series/mini-series event things in production. Not including future seasons of Mando, Boba Fett? and the currently airing Obi-Wan.
Yeah. The comics I don't mind as much because it is more spread out and less of a time investment. Agree with Star Wars too, and with that it just seems like they are trying so hard to force the nostalgia stuff down your throat. The Madnolorian was epic...it didn't need Boba Fett or any other retreads. I can probably think of other examples too. I'm a sucker so I still watch (haven't seen Obi-Wan yet) but not everything has to tie into everything else.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I was fortunate enough to join an online viewing party of Morbius because nobody should try watching that shit alone and sober. What a trainwreck.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad