All Things Jerseys - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthNYR5

Apr 24, 2012
NYC
Can't decide who's jersey to get. I was dead set on McDonagh, but his play this season has made me angry so I don't know if I want his jersey. After that it's between stepan, Kreider, Nash and zucc. What do you guys think? I don't wanna get a zucc jersey only for him to leave this summer

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
For the old timers: Do anyone remember what was the manufacturer for Rangers-jerseys during the 90's? I got a dark blue CCM surprising gift, and the giver claims it was bought during the 93-94 season (not during the SCF). It looks great, but was it premier and authentic also back then? It has no tags or number/name. Can post a pic later, but was it CCM back then?

stcatcs12

May 29, 2006
For the old timers: Do anyone remember what was the manufacturer for Rangers-jerseys during the 90's? I got a dark blue CCM surprising gift, and the giver claims it was bought during the 93-94 season (not during the SCF). It looks great, but was it premier and authentic also back then? It has no tags or number/name. Can post a pic later, but was it CCM back then?

Not an old timer by any means, but I am a bit of a jersey collector/enthusiast and should be able to help you out with this one.

The Rangers used CCM jerseys up until the 96-97 season I believe where they switched manufacturers to Starter.

There were both Authentic on ice jerseys and replica jerseys available for retail much like today with the reebok premiers and authentics.

Pictures would definitely help determining exactly what you have on your hands, the authentics of the era used a heavyweight mesh material. CCM used polyester mesh, while starter used a much softer/smoother nylon mesh material. Both companies made replicas using the air-knit material (starter also made some using a smoother polyester material, not air knit), similar to what is used presently.

Anyway, back on to the question at hand, if it is from the 93-94 season, CCM would be the correct manufacturer.

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
Thanks for your insights stcatcs12!

aAwpMNW.jpg

asYbYBA.jpg

W2VMgAC.jpg

hmmm.. not sure about this one. Maybe the giver just wanted a great story, knowing I am obsessed with the team ;) at least it seems simpler than the reebok's of today.

The CCM - tag is on the back of the jersey, down to the right.

Last edited:

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Back then CCM made "Pro Authentics" and retail replica's.

They have also made re-issue jerseys in the past decade that resemble the 90's jerseys but have different tags and materials.

The jersey you have is a legit 1990's CCM retail replica.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Back then CCM made "Pro Authentics" and retail replica's.

They have also made re-issue jerseys in the past decade that resemble the 90's jerseys but have different tags and materials.

The jersey you have is a legit 1990's CCM retail replica.

Ditto on that. The authentic would have had CCM stitched and be a little lower. The letters on the front would have been tackle twill as well.

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
I really want a 2014 Olympic Norway Zuccarello jersey but finding one is IMPOSSIBLE even online. How rare can this thing be and for our Norwegian NYR fans, are there any in stores? If so, I'd really like to get in contact you via PM about making a transaction to ship a jersey my way.

I tried eBay but thats like a $300 purchase right now.

Leopold

Jun 24, 2013
I have few Rangers game worn Jerseys available:
Derek Dorsett home blue 13-14 size 56, light wear, reinforced neck, LOA from Steiner. 325$

Stu Bickel home blue 12-13 size 58, light wear, shortened fightstrap, reinforced neck, LOA from Steiner 325$

Stu Bickel away white 11-12 PO vs Caps, size 58, light wear, reinforced neck, LOA from Steiner. 325$

Free shipping!
Pics can be found here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114042944956618921882

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
I really want a 2014 Olympic Norway Zuccarello jersey but finding one is IMPOSSIBLE even online. How rare can this thing be and for our Norwegian NYR fans, are there any in stores? If so, I'd really like to get in contact you via PM about making a transaction to ship a jersey my way.

I tried eBay but thats like a $300 purchase right now.

Its almost impossible. Those I found on ebay wasnt legit either. Even before and during the olympics, you couldnt find it in stores in Norway, neither the national icehockey federation sold it back then. :help:

I have no idea what this is, but its not Nike, which I believe has the rights in international senior hockey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATS-ZUCCARELLO-TEAM-NORWAY-AUTHENTIC-HOCKEY-JERSEY-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-/361062621417

Walk With Lias

Sep 18, 2007
Its almost impossible. Those I found on ebay wasnt legit either. Even before and during the olympics, you couldnt find it in stores in Norway, neither the national icehockey federation sold it back then. :help:

I have no idea what this is, but its not Nike, which I believe has the rights in international senior hockey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATS-ZUCCARELLO-TEAM-NORWAY-AUTHENTIC-HOCKEY-JERSEY-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-/361062621417

Looks like that ebayer had those specially made from SP. Not exactly what Zuc wore in the olympics but it is what it is.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

just got this in the mail today and it turned out to be an indo-edge and legit. guy just didnt put it up as a replica not knowing it was an authentic. if anyone is interested in buying a cheap authentic to strip the jerseys, i'd buy this guys callahans.

the hologram tag and barcode were not pictured but were on the tags. absolute steal for $110. :yo::yo::yo:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
just got this in the mail today and it turned out to be an indo-edge and legit. guy just didnt put it up as a replica not knowing it was an authentic. if anyone is interested in buying a cheap authentic to strip the jerseys, i'd buy this guys callahans.

the hologram tag and barcode were not pictured but were on the tags. absolute steal for $110. :yo::yo::yo:

I just bought the Callahan one. Trusting your product review ;)

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

The A or the 75th patch which was worn the season before Bure got here.

I'm going to say that jersey was purchased from NHL.com who had excess stock and just shipped out the jersey's with patches on them until they ran out. I know because I have an authentic blue Holik (xmas present from a well meaning but clueless girlfriend) that has the patch, even though he never wore it. I'm not normally a jersey snob but the patch on that jersey really gives me the *****

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The A or the 75th patch which was worn the season before Bure got here.

I'm going to say that jersey was purchased from NHL.com who had excess stock and just shipped out the jersey's with patches on them until they ran out. I know because I have an authentic blue Holik (xmas present from a well meaning but clueless girlfriend) that has the patch, even though he never wore it. I'm not normally a jersey snob but the patch on that jersey really gives me the *****

So remove it, I sure as hell would!

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
So remove it, I sure as hell would!

Yeah, I just dont want to have the mark where the patch was. I really want to get the whole thing stripped down and changed (cos Holik sucked) but it costs a pot-load to send it to the States and back. The other issue is that even if I change player, they'd have to remove the A which would leave another mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad