All Things Jerseys - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
Question for you jersey experts. Today is my father's birthday. He works at a special needs school and one of his student's dad works for MSG. For his birthday the student got my dad a signed Lundqvist jersey. Do real authentic come with the fighter strap? The tag says size 54 with CCM. It also is made in Canada rather than Indonesia.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Question for you jersey experts. Today is my father's birthday. He works at a special needs school and one of his student's dad works for MSG. For his birthday the student got my dad a signed Lundqvist jersey. Do real authentic come with the fighter strap? The tag says size 54 with CCM. It also is made in Canada rather than Indonesia.

CCM stopped making jerseys quite a few years ago. Authentic jerseys come with fight straps. Could you post a photo here so we can identify for you?

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know where I can find this exact jacket MSL is wearing in the video?

http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/video/martin-st-louis-returns-tampa-bay

I've found like 5 different versions of it but not that exact one.

Probably something only team issued, like a warm up/work out suit. I've seen team issued/used LA Kings sneakers and athletic sandals on ebay before.

Maybe Steinersports could look into getting one that is not player worn, thus not a collector piece that would come with an astronomical price tag?

AHB*

Probably something only team issued, like a warm up/work out suit. I've seen team issued/used LA Kings sneakers and athletic sandals on ebay before.

Maybe Steinersports could look into getting one that is not player worn, thus not a collector piece that would come with an astronomical price tag?

I don't own this exact one, but I had the team issued one from like 20111 or 2012 that I bought at the team store inside the Garden. I've never seen it for sale anywhere else. It's really great quality and an awesome jacket. It's one of my favorite finds from that store before.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Yep, that's the closest I found also.

Possibly, maybe I'll contact them if I can't find it at the MSG team store.

On that note, little tip for those that may not know. Dating back to last season, they've had people from Kia asking you to sign up for something in the lobby before games. In exchange, you get a $10 team store voucher that you can combine with others. Needless to say, you can get some pretty cheap stuff. Picked up a $60 MSL jersey last year when I used em with the STH discount and picked up a $50 Hank jersey this season. Only thing is with the vouchers this year, they expired at the end of each month so I guess they caught on to what was happening.

I know MSG's customization isn't 100% correct (it got worse recently, they stopped using nameplates on the jerseys for the latest shipment) but you can't beat those prices.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island

A pic would be helpful for me to be 100% on this but it sounds like an authentic EDGE 2.0 jersey. They come with the fight strap, are made in Canada and have numeric vs. alpha (S, M, L, XL, etc.) sizing.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Yep, that's the closest I found also.

Possibly, maybe I'll contact them if I can't find it at the MSG team store.

On that note, little tip for those that may not know. Dating back to last season, they've had people from Kia asking you to sign up for something in the lobby before games. In exchange, you get a $10 team store voucher that you can combine with others. Needless to say, you can get some pretty cheap stuff. Picked up a $60 MSL jersey last year when I used em with the STH discount and picked up a $50 Hank jersey this season. Only thing is with the vouchers this year, they expired at the end of each month so I guess they caught on to what was happening.

I know MSG's customization isn't 100% correct (it got worse recently, they stopped using nameplates on the jerseys for the latest shipment) but you can't beat those prices.

How many of those vouchers did you use? And what exactly do you have to sign up for?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
How many of those vouchers did you use? And what exactly do you have to sign up for?

When I got the jersey last year, I used 8. This year I went to a bunch of games in November and used 9. Would have saved em up for another time but the expiration date was Nov 31st. Just have to give them your info (email, where you're sitting, zip code, what kind of Kia car you're interested in, etc). I guess it's for them to send you information about whatever cars they have but you don't even have to sign up for their emails, just ask them to uncheck that box and most of the time they don't even bother checking it off anyway. It's basically 5 mins of your time for the voucher. Never heard from Kia and I've signed up a ton of times already.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Anyone on this board interested in a mid 90s authentic CCM Red Wings Jersey?
It's a size 52, fight strap, great shape and has Yzerman on it with the C.
I can take photos if anyone is interested.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Can someone give me some guidance here. My sister and bro-in-law are having a little boy in February. I know I am up against the clock here but I wanted to customize a Rangers jersey (as small as possible while keeping the lettering as authentic as possible). I am having a tough time finding any on-line resources for this.

NHL Store? Gerry Cosbys?

Thanks in advance.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Can someone give me some guidance here. My sister and bro-in-law are having a little boy in February. I know I am up against the clock here but I wanted to customize a Rangers jersey (as small as possible while keeping the lettering as authentic as possible). I am having a tough time finding any on-line resources for this.

NHL Store? Gerry Cosbys?

Thanks in advance.

http://shop.nhl.com/New_York_Ranger...rk_Rangers_Infant_Replica_Jersey_-_Royal_Blue

Might be difficult to customize it, you can't do it through the website, but the actual store might be able to heatpress small letters onto it if they have them.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Quick question. I tried looking through past threads but I got lost/confused. Rough work week I guess.

I want a jersey with the legit stitching, but I'm not looking for an actual authentic (fight strap and all that). So basically what's my best bet?

Buy a jersey and bring it to Cosbys? Buy it all there?

I've also seen a lot about a place Arena Express and a website called pro-jerseys.com. Are they legit?

If someone could just give me a general rundown or gameplan (where to buy a jersey/what type, where to bring it for lettering and numbering, etc.), I'd truly appreciate it. Don't mistake my ignorance for laziness, I'm just confused. Thanks in advance.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Quick question. I tried looking through past threads but I got lost/confused. Rough work week I guess.

I want a jersey with the legit stitching, but I'm not looking for an actual authentic (fight strap and all that). So basically what's my best bet?

I've also seen a lot about a place Arena Express and a website called pro-jerseys.com. Are they legit?

If someone could just give me a general rundown or gameplan (where to buy a jersey/what type, where to bring it for lettering and numbering, etc.), I'd truly appreciate it. Don't mistake my ignorance for laziness, I'm just confused. Thanks in advance.

Try to find a cheap blank on eBay or some site and then bring it to the NHL Store. They ship it out to Arena Wear who does the customization for the Rangers on ice jerseys so that's as legit as it comes. NHL Store charges $100 for that which is why I'd say try to go through eBay and find a cheap blank. If you buy the jersey there, it'll come out to something ridiculous like $225.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Don't bring any jersey to cosbys that isn't a 90's customization. They don't use nameplates for the name customization, they stitch individually.

Send it to Arena Wear (http://www.arenawear.net)

They are the official customizer for the team, and will do your jersey to the exact specs that they do for all the players.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Don't bring any jersey to cosbys that isn't a 90's customization. They don't use nameplates for the name customization, they stitch individually.

Send it to Arena Wear (http://www.arenawear.net)

They are the official customizer for the team, and will do your jersey to the exact specs that they do for all the players.

I actually asked the guy at Cosby's about that. They said they do it both ways and the only reason they stock jerseys without the nameplate is because enough people want it that way. I have two friends that had a Outdoor game jersey and heritage customized there and they came out really good.

As far as the arched lettering goes, most places get them from http://www.stahls.com/home as kits. They will sell to a consumer, but you have to register first.

AHB*

I actually asked the guy at Cosby's about that. They said they do it both ways and the only reason they stock jerseys without the nameplate is because enough people want it that way. I have two friends that had a Outdoor game jersey and heritage customized there and they came out really good.

As far as the arched lettering goes, most places get them from http://www.stahls.com/home as kits. They will sell to a consumer, but you have to register first.

The nameplate is an extra 10 bucks, you just have to ask. Most fans dont want it.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The nameplate is an extra 10 bucks, you just have to ask. Most fans dont want it.

Arena Wear is cheaper than Cosby's as well. Cosby's was THE place to go during the 90's, now not so much being that they don't even do the team jerseys anymore.

If you want authentic, on-ice customization just as the Rangers have. Arena Wear is the only choice.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
Don't arena wear do the jerseys the actual players wear too?

Mine is perfect from there, I hate seeing bad jersey lettering... Ive noticed a load of bad stadium series popping up recently.

10817851_943898932305107_351871899_n.jpg

Look at this man :shakehead

10735300_1525925577651222_445203693_n.jpg

... And this...

10655002_678824152208963_1558108019_n.jpg

Makes me want to cry.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Don't arena wear do the jerseys the actual players wear too?

Mine is perfect from there, I hate seeing bad jersey lettering... Ive noticed a load of bad stadium series popping up recently.

10817851_943898932305107_351871899_n.jpg

Look at this man :shakehead

10735300_1525925577651222_445203693_n.jpg

... And this...

10655002_678824152208963_1558108019_n.jpg

Makes me want to cry.

Yes, Arena Wear is the official customizer for the New York Rangers.

and wow...those jerseys are a crime against humanity. I see so many people wearing the counterfeit ones from China and they all have no idea. It's sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad