All Things Jerseys - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Important point that you bring up. The issue is I've seen multiple 90's era jerseys done by Cosby's recently, and there were many differences from the actual letters/numbers they made in the 90's.

I am stickler for perfection, so once I made the decision not to go to Cosbys, I referenced (close to 50 photos) of Richter's jersey, and with a few high-res images, I stenciled out the exactly lettering, and numbers in adobe illustrator and made my own vector file to give to arena wear. I gave them the disc, they printed the twill, and sewed everything on.

Call me a control freak, but I had to ensure it would be as close to the jersey he wore back then. I could go in further small detail about specific parts of the arm numbers, letter spacing but I risk looking insane to most normal people who would never notice such things. :laugh:

Came out perfect tho!

sPHLqEJ.jpg

IZhHpFD.jpg
She's a beaut

My favorite in my collection:

Leetch 92-93 with stanley cup 100 year anniversary patch. Cosbys tag in the neck

Ukr18kE.jpg

6WbmtLZ.jpg

SouvenirCity

Feb 13, 2008
Astoria, NY
Hey Guys,

My Girlfriend intends to buy a jersey for me for Xmas, and I chose a Mitchell & Ness Richter jersey

(Link: http://shop.nhl.com/Mens_New_York_R...k1944nhl-pla-1538138?003=14181470&010=1538138)

My question is, what size should I get? I'm 6'3, and usually wear a L to XL. I'm thinking a 52 should do the trick? Please Lemme know ASAP as the 20% off Black Friday sale ends tomorrow.

I need it to pair with my Vintage Messier (purchased in 98 and autographed by Sean Avery!), Liberty Ryan Hollweg, Authentic Scott Gomez Road, Home Marc Staal, and Heritage Callahan!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hey Guys,

My Girlfriend intends to buy a jersey for me for Xmas, and I chose a Mitchell & Ness Richter jersey

(Link: http://shop.nhl.com/Mens_New_York_R...k1944nhl-pla-1538138?003=14181470&010=1538138)

My question is, what size should I get? I'm 6'3, and usually wear a L to XL. I'm thinking a 52 should do the trick? Please Lemme know ASAP as the 20% off Black Friday sale ends tomorrow.

I need it to pair with my Vintage Messier (purchased in 98 and autographed by Sean Avery!), Liberty Ryan Hollweg, Authentic Scott Gomez Road, Home Marc Staal, and Heritage Callahan!

I would advise against buying that jersey, if she hasn't already.

lovethehype

Jan 21, 2014
Hey Guys,

Im 6'4", 205lbs and an XL (48) is too big for me. Exchanging it for a 44 soon.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Hey Guys,

There are SO many things wrong with that jersey, I don't know where to begin.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Hey Guys,

Please stay away from this. Even at 90% of isn't worth it. $250 for that!?

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Hey Guys,

2878577349_87e7bb7f5f.jpg

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Yeah don't wanna keep piling on but the Vintage series jerseys so suck hard. Nameplate on a 90's Ranger jersey? Nty NHL

wango55

Apr 19, 2012
The Nutmeg State
I'm probably the only person thats ever been there lol, but they don't really welcome any walk-ins.

You can email them, tell them what you need done and they will give you a quote, and then ship the jersey to them.

They are the only place that does ALL of the team's jerseys, so you can't get more authentic than that.

So I emailed ArenaWear, and they won't strip jerseys. I think I'm going to go with EPS, based on previous experience with them. They've done a couple Yankees jerseys for me.

Now the question is: I'm torn between converting my Cally jersey to a St. Louis, or a Dom Moore. Which would you go with? I'm leaning towards going with Dom Moore, since he's at least signed through next year, but St. Louis would probably be re-signed, but who knows for how long?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
So I emailed ArenaWear, and they won't strip jerseys. I think I'm going to go with EPS, based on previous experience with them. They've done a couple Yankees jerseys for me.

Now the question is: I'm torn between converting my Cally jersey to a St. Louis, or a Dom Moore. Which would you go with? I'm leaning towards going with Dom Moore, since he's at least signed through next year, but St. Louis would probably be re-signed, but who knows for how long?

EPS is good to strip jerseys, could take a while to get it back. I know a guy who lives in Jersey, who does stripping, professional jersey stitching on the side and could probably have it done quicker (and cheaper)

He's from the icejerseys.com forum. The mecca of all things jerseys.

Dom Moore, or St. Louis...

Hrmm, it really comes down to who you like as your favorite player. Both won't be with the team much longer, so maybe a McDonagh? Nash? Lundqvist?

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Does anyone have any info about fanatics.com? I won a 20% off code from a coffee at Dunkin' (seriously) and I was thinking of getting a customized Premier home jersey. Thing is, I have no idea about the quality, unlike sportsk.com, where I got a gorgeous Brassard jersey for a little under $200. I'd certainly prefer to spend around $195 for a great premier jersey than $130 or so for those ironed-on numbers and names that some websites do.

wango55

Apr 19, 2012
The Nutmeg State
EPS is good to strip jerseys, could take a while to get it back. I know a guy who lives in Jersey, who does stripping, professional jersey stitching on the side and could probably have it done quicker (and cheaper)

Hrmm, it really comes down to who you like as your favorite player. Both won't be with the team much longer, so maybe a McDonagh? Nash? Lundqvist?

Thanks! Would you mind sharing your contact in Jersey's information? (You can PM me if you don't want to post publicly). I'd be interested in reaching out to him. He does good work I assume?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Thanks! Would you mind sharing your contact in Jersey's information? (You can PM me if you don't want to post publicly). I'd be interested in reaching out to him. He does good work I assume?

He does EXCELLENT work. I will PM you...

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Does anyone have any info about fanatics.com? I won a 20% off code from a coffee at Dunkin' (seriously) and I was thinking of getting a customized Premier home jersey. Thing is, I have no idea about the quality, unlike sportsk.com, where I got a gorgeous Brassard jersey for a little under $200. I'd certainly prefer to spend around $195 for a great premier jersey than $130 or so for those ironed-on numbers and names that some websites do.
Fanatics is the NHL store supplier. They do good work and the jerseys are usually stitched

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Fanatics is the NHL store supplier. They do good work and the jerseys are usually stitched

Hrmm...purchases made through the NHL store (in store) are sent to Arenawear for customization, but if you order online via shop.nhl.com, they are heat pressed on.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Hrmm...purchases made through the NHL store (in store) are sent to Arenawear for customization, but if you order online via shop.nhl.com, they are heat pressed on.
They're really weird with how they go about jerseys sometimes, but the last jersey I've seen ordered from fanatics was a Kreider 3rd my sister got last year and it was in fact stitched. Confusing people the NHL are

AHB*

They're really weird with how they go about jerseys sometimes, but the last jersey I've seen ordered from fanatics was a Kreider 3rd my sister got last year and it was in fact stitched. Confusing people the NHL are

Personally, I wouldn't trust them. Thanks for all the advice earlier guys.

m429

Apr 24, 2012

Can you PM me his info as well?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Wasn't there someone on here that had some Beezer jerseys or Florida ones? If so hit me up, I can actually pay for **** now since my accounts are getting cheques again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad