Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
2014042095115354_zps5e41dee6.jpg

20140420_121634_zpsf0e42d08.jpg

Last edited:

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
I think I might have asked before but can't remember if it was replied to, how is Cosbys for numbers?

Best place in the city or over rated?

Just read through the thread, So cosby sends it to arena wear as do NHL store?

Last edited:

AHB*

I think I might have asked before but can't remember if it was replied to, how is Cosbys for numbers?

Best place in the city or over rated?

Just read through the thread, So cosby sends it to arena wear as do NHL store?

I had my McD Olympic jersey done there and loved it. Slightly pricey but you won't get better quality unless you buy an authentic for like 400$.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Does anyone here get a personalized jersey with their last name and say favorite number?

AHB*

Does anyone here get a personalized jersey with their last name and say favorite number?

Not to be a huge dick, but I find this to be one of the worst things you can do. I may come off as a jerk here, but I laugh every-time I see people with those kinds of jerseys. If you didn't play professionally, you shouldn't have a professional jersey made with your name on it. Most people I know agree with this.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Not to be a huge dick, but I find this to be one of the worst things you can do. I may come off as a jerk here, but I laugh every-time I see people with those kinds of jerseys. If you didn't play professionally, you shouldn't have a professional jersey made with your name on it. Most people I know agree with this.

Meh, this sounds a little much to me. I dont have a problem with it, people are Rangers fans and they dedicate themselves to support this team.

I say its a better investment then getting a Bobby Holik, Wade Redden, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, etc...jerseys.

But I see how people don't like it. My corporate coworkers that are regular goers to Rangers games find it stupid that fans wear jersey's in general to see their team.

Kind of strange right? I am trying to get a gauge of most fans...I wouldnt be embarrassed to own one. My problem is my favorite numbers are retired on the Rangers rafters and it puts me in a predicament if I ever get one

AHB*

Meh, this sounds a little much to me. I dont have a problem with it, people are Rangers fans and they dedicate themselves to support this team.

I say its a better investment then getting a Bobby Holik, Wade Redden, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, etc...jerseys.

But I see how people don't like it. My corporate coworkers that are regular goers to Rangers games find it stupid that fans wear jersey's in general to see their team.

Kind of strange right? I am trying to get a gauge of most fans...I wouldnt be embarrassed to own one. My problem is my favorite numbers are retired on the Rangers rafters and it puts me in a predicament if I ever get one

People who don't follow hockey don't understand the culture within an arena. It seems weird to outsiders that you would wear another mans name on your back. But it's commonplace within the arena. If they went, they would see that. It's like being in a small community and there are specific rules for that community.

That being said, maybe I'm being slightly over-emphatic, but I still think it's really "geeky" and/or arrogant to get your own name sewn on a jersey of a team which you never played for.

I have a ton of jerseys, so maybe it's just personal preference over the years, but I love getting my favorite players and wearing it to games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad