Votes: 62 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Back in 2000, Jagr said every all star game should be in Toronto. There's a nice hovkry vibe brings out the best among a lot of players

Especially seeing a lots of former hockey players who are from GTA area
Call it the Hockey Hall of Fame All-Star game, buy a ticket to the game, get into the HHoF. Have Hall of Fame members all over the event as well. Maybe have a Fame member all-star game too.... get Tretiak over here and a few other old Soviet National team guys.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Google search
>>
Q - Has David Pastrnak won a Stanley Cup?
A - David Pastrnak has not won any championships in his career.

<<
Q - How did Pastrnak do in the skills competition compared to the Leafs players?
A - Of twelve entrants, Matthews finished third, Nylander inished fourth and Pastrnak finished eleventh.

Edit: fixed the order - thought tv said Willy 3 and Matty 4, paper says this.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Matthews, Rielly and Bieber showed that they know how to build a team through the draft.

I hope they comprise our future front office.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah don't look now, Pastrnak and the Bruins are starting to have some trouble getting out of the 1st round two years in a row...

Yup, and outside of their 2019 run to the cup finals, their playoff record is also pretty mediocre.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Best All-Star weekend in many, many years.

The new standard imo. Great job Toronto and what a time to be a Leaf fan having superstar player(s) and seeing them show out. To those that remember the 80's to have an Auston Matthews on the roster top goalscorer hart trophy it really is a dream. Hopefully the good vibes carry on to playoffs.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Best All-Star weekend in many, many years.

The new standard imo. Great job Toronto and what a time to be a Leaf fan having superstar player(s) and seeing them show out. To those that remember the 80's to have an Auston Matthews on the roster top goalscorer hart trophy it really is a dream. Hopefully the good vibes carry on to playoffs.
We had Wendel Clark in the 80’s…puts any current Leaf to shame

• Love
Reactions: Buds17

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Would love to get blacked out drunk in Toronto one day; but those ticket prices though? ooof.

Need a sugar daddy if I ever want to see the Kings in Toronto.

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Marner played for the Coyotes? And it was publicized?
Nice strawman attempt. Let me help you with the definition:

straw man fallacy is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction

Feel free to comment on the real topic. The poster argued against my statement which was much or even most of Marners popularity is credited to being a leaf. Depending on what team you compare him to (I chose Coyotes as the biggest extreme).

What's your opinion? I can show you all the articles on players fears of playing in Toronto due to media attention, I can show you Instagram follower numbers, endorsement deals, that prove it's not true if you like.

Or do you prefer to disappear until your next opportunity to make a sarcastic response as your comment history shows you have a propensity of doing?

Last edited:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Google search
>>
Q - Has David Pastrnak won a Stanley Cup?
A - David Pastrnak has not won any championships in his career.

<<

You are not wrong, but with his trip to SCF, he got more playoff round wins.

and I mean more than Leafs in their history... You can google it, shamefully his 2019 run was winning 3 rounds. Something Toronto is yet to see.

mad googling skills though :thumbu:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

and I mean more than Leafs in their history... You can google it, shamefully his 2019 run was winning 3 rounds. Something Toronto is yet to see.

Close doesn’t count, it’s all or nothing, at the end of the day nobody cares about 2nd place

Reactions: Dekes For Days

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

This isn’t even true. The Leafs have been around a long time and the playoff format has changed many times.
Toronto won 3 rounds in 1932 to win the cup.

If you are going to mockingly tell someone to google something maybe you should first to make sure it’s true.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Seriously, you pick Clark over Mathews? .. and an 80’s Clark no less…
Obviously from a pure talent standpoint no, but I would take a prime Wendel Clark any day of the week. I don’t want to upset the snowflakes though, Wendel was too violent I guess

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Obviously from a pure talent standpoint no, but I would take a prime Wendel Clark any day of the week. I don’t want to upset the snowflakes though, Wendel was too violent I guess
Even the great Dave Keon would probably disagree with you there. Violent or not violent. Skill or not skilled.

Neither of them any cups. One is however breaking franchise records and will likely be at the top when all is said and done.

Reactions: al secord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad