Votes: 45 42.1%
  • No, I don't plan to

Votes: 62 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The boys brought it in this event. Matthews and Nylander finished just behind the big boys in the skills competition. Then, the all Leaf team ends up beating McDavid and Draisaitl in the final game to capture the championship, with Matthews taking home MVP honours. There were some nice storylines to follow for fans of the home team.

Back in 2000, Jagr said every all star game should be in Toronto. There's a nice hovkry vibe brings out the best among a lot of players

Especially seeing a lots of former hockey players who are from GTA area

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The skills competition was interesting with Willy and Matthews in it. Matthews ended up 3rd in points, Nylander was 4th in points. They advanced through the stages, making the cut from 12 to 8 and 8 to 6. They were only behind McDavid and Makar in points and they are the two best players in the world right now. Pretty good showing by the lads on home ice.
I'm not sure what, if anything, they used as a tiebreaker, but they consistently showed Nylander third and Matthews fourth.

Great showing either way!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Marner giving playoff vibes with some of these turnovers. :laugh:
I thought he was doing terribly with all the giveaways and tons of ice time, until I realized there were two #16s! And two #9s.

Bad enough that they had that, but with the names at the bottom (often tucked in), it was really bad. What idiot designed that?

• Haha
Reactions: Eternal Leaf

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Debrincat, Forsberg and Barzal as a second line really made me dream. Those guys play a more straight forward game than our top guys but have a knack for just putting the puck in the net when you think they should. Makes them more dangerous off the rush, where as our top guys seem to generate more offence from possession and volume of high danger chances.

I just KNEW Debrincat would score on that shootout attempt, and that must be really nice to have. I'd take Keller as a consolation prize...

Reactions: HellasLEAF

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Debrincat, Forsberg and Barzal as a second line really made me dream. Those guys play a more straight forward game than our top guys but have a knack for just putting the puck in the net when you think they should. Makes them more dangerous off the rush, where as our top guys seem to generate more offence from possession and volume of high danger chances.

I just KNEW Debrincat would score on that shootout attempt, and that must be really nice to have. I'd take Keller as a consolation prize...
Watch Barzal on Monday when he is back with his regular linemates. I have a feeling you won't be as impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad