Pre-Game Talk: All Star Weekend. Anyone watching it???

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Montreal would be fools not to bring him up, right?

Am I the only one who things the entire thing is scripted?

Like, the NHL purposely making a 'big deal' out of the fan campaign, to the 'bogus' trade (Habs do really need a guy like Scott), to the NHL painting themselves as the big bad corporate bad guys, to Scott turning into sniper...

Feels like a full WWE character arc. And the NHL got themselves at ton of free publicity and interest in the ASW festivities because of it.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Like, the NHL purposely making a 'big deal' out of the fan campaign, to the 'bogus' trade (Habs do really need a guy like Scott), to the NHL painting themselves as the big bad corporate bad guys, to Scott turning into sniper...

Feels like a full WWE character arc. And the NHL got themselves at ton of free publicity and interest in the ASW festivities because of it.

The NHL pulled a "Homer" with the John Scott story.

Eni meeni mini moe...

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
This might be one of my favourite moments - Scott losing it when Kane gets booed hard. Dude was having a blast all weekend.

9WTXrEh.png

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Also... anyone else notice that they much have had a co-op student working the feed selection for cameras? I think I missed 2 or 3 goals cause they were showing something other than the play that was happening...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
All this free publicity will be great for the Arizona Coyotes, as it will help them sell tickets in a tough market. Oh yes, that's right...boneheads.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Just another reason to move that pathetic franchise. It's run by idiots.

It's interesting they can't do a better job... you'd think that with the weather, the potential to golf all year round, and the anonymity that players can have outside the rink that they would be able to attract decent players... but that the organization seems to be a perpetual ***** show and as a result they shoot themselves in the foot over and over again when it comes to player recruitment and/or retention...

Maybe they trade to get John MVP Scott back in the fold now? His value has skyrocketed now however... it'll cost a premium to get him back in a desert dog uni :sarcasm:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Enjoyed the ASW festivities, the games were pretty decent with decent effort. Bergeron on a few of those backchecks made anyone not playing the hardest step up a bit as to not get embarrased.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This might be one of my favourite moments - Scott losing it when Kane gets booed hard. Dude was having a blast all weekend.

9WTXrEh.png

:laugh:

Good to see Scott turn a negative into a positive & enjoy his weekend & good on everyone involved to support him there. Not his fault what the juveniles did & until they change the process it just might happen again.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Bunch of people around me never interested in hockey before, keep bringing up Scott's story yesterday and today.
Feels like this guy made for popularization of the game more than Crosby and Bettman combined. At least in the past year.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

I finally got around to watching it, since I PVR’d it, and totally agree with you.

Maybe it was more fun being there live, but it soon turned into same ol’, same ol! :deadhorse:nopity:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Yes because they would entail thinking the NHL is smart enough to pull something like that off.

The more likely story? They bumbled it up so bad it ended up working out for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad