Pre-Game Talk: All Star Weekend. Anyone watching it???

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I do slim fit suits so not skinny but not baggy. I think they look way better then your suits of the 90s and before. So I guess il in the middle but I would probably choose skinny over baggy.

I'm not big into suits though so I only own one right now.

I agree with the other poster that Eks pants are good but the jacket is just a smidge too tight. When you button the jacket you're supposed to not have that X crease around the button like he has from being so tight.

Okay I feel like I should be talking on the E! Channel right now.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What is all of this talk about "baggy" suits? Are you guys raging against Zoot Suits or something? Y'all are like 70 years late on that one. :laugh:

What is wrong with a properly tailored suit made to fit? Why are the only two options "slim"and "baggy"?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Skinny suits > baggy suits (to a certain extent on the skinniness though, George Stroboloupous suits (spandex/lulu's?) are like skin tight, lolworthy)

Proper fitting suit >>>>> too tight/super skinny suit (like Karlssons)

The jacket doesn't drop low enough, look at all the creases on his mid section due to the button, and how high the lapel is sitting on his chest (for a 2 button suit), it's far too small, not even close. His tailor should be embarrassed he let him walk out of his store wearing that imo.

And his shoes are too light for the navy blue, stands out in a bad way.

edit/ i bet he cant lift his arms in that

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well when we talk skinny baggy etc it's all about the cut right? A proper fitting suit could be in a more normal cut or a slimmer fitting cut no? I prefer the looks of a slim fit cut. I'm not a suit guy I just know the basics really. Could be wrong.

Such as pants I usually get slim, as opposed to straight or relaxed.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Ok if following your logic then you just can't say it is bad either?
And it's just my opinion like it's yours.

I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be since this style is being worn by alot of people especially celebrities. I like it.

Yes, it is just opinion, but that's what fashion is, and right now you're being strongly outnumbered, therefore it's not in style. I wear suits, and work with people who wear suits, and see people who wear suits all the time...I rarely if ever see people wearing skinny suits. It's not in style. It's hipster.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I do slim fit suits so not skinny but not baggy. I think they look way better then your suits of the 90s and before. So I guess il in the middle but I would probably choose skinny over baggy.

I'm not big into suits though so I only own one right now.

I agree with the other poster that Eks pants are good but the jacket is just a smidge too tight. When you button the jacket you're supposed to not have that X crease around the button like he has from being so tight.

Okay I feel like I should be talking on the E! Channel right now.

Exactly. You want fitted. Not baggy, but not tight.

You don't wanna look like you're a teen borrowing your dad's suit but you also don't wanna look like a 25 year old who hasn't bought a suit in 10 years.

Honestly, most commercials show the suits im talking about. They aren't super baggy but don't look super tight like you have trouble buttoning up your sport jacket.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
After NHL game is AHL skills game at 8pm. Michael Kostka is the Bingo rep, when does he get a shot up here.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I see no effort. Only from Larkin.

I bet the vets are laughing at Larkin for being a try hard.

Compared to the previous games,

I'd say there's way, way more effort.
That is both a sleight to the previous games and a compliment to this year's.

That's how I see it anyways

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I see no effort. Only from Larkin.

I bet the vets are laughing at Larkin for being a try hard.

These Guys don't even want to skate during regular 3-3. Why would they want to cover all that I've for fun? So dumb I hate all star weekend

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yes, it is just opinion, but that's what fashion is, and right now you're being strongly outnumbered, therefore it's not in style. I wear suits, and work with people who wear suits, and see people who wear suits all the time...I rarely if ever see people wearing skinny suits. It's not in style. It's hipster.

I don't even know how to respond to your first sentence...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hockey Night in Canada is absolutely butchering the broadcast. The first period they missed a breakaway goal and Healy talked the entire time instead of actually broadcasting the game. Then they miss ANOTHER breakaway and cut away. What a joke rogers is, just terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00