All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XII - The UFA frenzy aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I don't think we'll land Klingberg. He's probably a solid fit, but the fact he's the #1D target in FA this season, with not really any other backup options behind him., I have to think some team is going to overpay for him.

On the other end of the spectrum. The forward free agent crop is pretty stacked and I could see us coming out with one of the top targets.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I don't think we'll land Klingberg. He's probably a solid fit, but the fact he's the #1D target in FA this season, with not really any other backup options behind him., I have to think some team is going to overpay for him.

On the other end of the spectrum. The forward free agent crop is pretty stacked and I could see us coming out with one of the top targets.
And given his decline in play, it shouldn't be us

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Makes me wonder where the PP QB is coming from.

Justin Schultz? Yandle? Subban?? I think Gardiner has a better shot at being successful here next season than Yandle or Subban.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
What is it with all these dumbass fans of other teams thinking they can get Necas from us pretty much for free? DeBrusk and Mike Reilly? LOL. I live in Boston and all the Bruins fans I know hate those players. f*** off, Necas ain't going anywhere unless it's for something that really hurts the other team.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Poor season (really poor half a season), RFA which Carolina has dealt in the past rather than negotiate with. Fans smell blood, which only brings out the worst offers.

Reactions: DaveG

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah I'd be down with some Colin Miller as @Gocanes0506 has said. I think that's a sneaky good move and he probably could play 2nd pair with Skjei at a cheap price. We do that, we could then make a bigger splash.

If we sign a guy, I could see Giroux as an option, depending mostly on term. 3 years could work. As talented as Malkin is, I think Giroux is a more realistic option and maaaaybe one I like better. Partially because I could see Malkin honestly getting $9 or $10M and I don't think Giroux will be in that range.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
The Canadiens are up against the cap ceiling, 1.9 million remaining, and it's rumored the Canes are looking at Christian Dvorak. Would the Habs trade Dvorak for Ryan Suzuki (and maybe a mid round pick), putting the Brothers together? And as a Canes Fan would you go for such a trade?
i dont want him either Petry this made me laugh ....we stole kot from baby crib

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What is it with all these dumbass fans of other teams thinking they can get Necas from us pretty much for free? DeBrusk and Mike Reilly? LOL. I live in Boston and all the Bruins fans I know hate those players. f*** off, Necas ain't going anywhere unless it's for something that really hurts the other team.

This was by far the best I saw this weekend

Colin Miller is our redemption project.

A trade may come tomorrow or wednesday
Evander Kane, just to throw kerosene on all of the marital issues going on with... well, all of *motions to everything Canes related*

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Because while many here view him as potential Lindholm, others of us view him as far closer to a potential Yakupov.

But I want him traded as part of a package. Say, for a certain proven goal scorer deeply upset with his team's management.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Because while many here view him as potential Lindholm, others of us view him as far closer to a potential Yakupov.

But I want him traded as part of a package. Say, for a certain proven goal scorer deeply upset with his team's management.
He's already shown significantly more in the NHL than Yakupov has. I understand being a bit down on Necas because of how last year ended but he paced for over 60 points a year ago and still put up 40 last year and that's with a late year demotion. He's nowhere near a bust and there's no reason to think he won't get better.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Tank you very much?

Reactions: cptjeff

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I could see Miller being an option, not really a great one but a cheap one. Isn't he a UFA though? Or are you saying a different trade
i was meaning a separate trade. Miller is a UFA. Likely 1 year 1.7-1.8 million deal to regain value. I like his fit here as a better version of Bear. Even throws the body around a decent amount too.

This was by far the best I saw this weekend

Evander Kane, just to throw kerosene on all of the marital issues going on with... well, all of *motions to everything Canes related*

ive said it before but I think we are a very likely Kane landing spot. We are one of the more patient UFA teams. Kane's arbitration date isnt until after UFA starts. We will likely have 5+ million left in cap space days after UFA starts. We would be one of only a handful of options remaining for him, especially the competitive options remaining.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Kane a year after dealing with the DeAngelo backlash? I don't think so. Kane isn't coming for $1M like TDA and will be too much to walk away from if it goes tits up

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Kane a year after dealing with the DeAngelo backlash? I don't think so. Kane isn't coming for $1M
no he isnt. But a 1 year 5 million or so deal, holds very little risk in it. So why not? we arent going to get another 30+ goal scorer for free or under value anywhere else.

management team cares very little about that sort of thing anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad