Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Rumor mill re: Larkin:

The article this article references says that this is just speculation

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I don't think other teams are listening to Mike and Tripp to evaluate trade candidates...
Team broadcasts are the most efficient means of acquiring additional unbiased film on a guy you're scouting.

Whether you know you're being influenced or not, that influence colors your perception of what you're watching.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
What is funny is Nyquist may have more trade value than some guys who are healthy right now. A bet a team like tampa, edmonton, or vegas battle royale for Nyquist to LTIR him until the playoffs.
You 100% know someone will bc Tampa set that precedence...I just hope they bid each other up and we stay out of it

Reactions: Nikishin Go Boom

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So according the main board, Meier was seen vacationing with Tatar, Hischier, Siegenthaler and Haula in Tulum during the break. I know he has a history with Hischier and Siegenthaler so it's not surprising and why many see the Devils as a front-runner for him.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
So according the main board, Meier was seen vacationing with Tatar, Hischier, Siegenthaler and Haula in Tulum during the break. I know he has a history with Hischier and Siegenthaler so it's not surprising and why many see the Devils as a front-runner for him.
I don’t know how Bissonnette is hooked in with stuff like this but he kind of said all signs point to Meier and NJ.

Bissonnette also basically said it’s time for the Hurricanes to shit or get off the pot. He liked Larkin for the Canes if he’s available.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
He’s not wrong. We need to add for sure. The window is now.

I'm genuinely not worried. The Canes are definitely going to add someone. It just won't be the name player on the market (I honestly think it's unrealistic to see Larkin anywhere other than Detroit considering his status as a young UFA and Detroit's status as an upcoming team with a noticeable lack of homegrown centers) and it also quite possibly may be a player who's having an off-year like Skjei/Trocheck/Niederreiter were when we got them. Some people will complain, perhaps even me depending on who said player is, but hopefully they will keep winning games regardless.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's always kinda been about how much the Devils want Meier. They can probably offer the best package of anyone. I'd still probably be rooting to play them in round two just because I don't trust their goaltending and I do trust where we're at in our development as a playoff team. Doesn't mean we couldn't lose but I'd feel great about our chances.

As for us, I'm just excited to see what comes our way by the deadline.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If SJ wont allow extension talks with Meier’s agent (which they haven’t), I can’t see NJ being serious a player. I don’t think we’ll care cuz we can afford it either way.

if an extension isnt being allowed, pass on giving up morrow, jarvis, or nikishin in that deal.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
New Jersey’s prospect pool stands out so much because of the 2 Top 5 picks up top. Neither of whom will be made available for Meier, most likely.

There’s a scenario in which a Morrow or Nikishin is valued more highly than Holtz from a positional standpoint.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
New Jersey’s prospect pool stands out so much because of the 2 Top 5 picks up top. Neither of whom will be made available for Meier, most likely.

There’s a scenario in which a Morrow or Nikishin is valued more highly than Holtz from a positional standpoint.

I still see NJ as the favorites for Meier, but if the Canes win the sweepstakes and if Nikishin is dealt for Meier (IMO likelier than Morrow because of the 2025 timeline), then Skjei IMO automatically will vault to UFA priority #3. There's an outside shot that with Chatfield playing this well that the organization may view him as a bridge guy for the top-4 as a defensive RHD.

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Laine regularly hangs out with Teravainen and Aho when they're all on a break

Means jack shit

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Mike Johnson on nhl network was also saying how he thinks the canes would be a perfect place for Larkin. He was very big on the caveat that he didn't have any knowledge and it was just his speculation but that he'd fit like a glove. I'd have to agree but I have a hard time believing Detroit lets him get away

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Yea it would be hard for me to believe that Yzer wouldnt pony up to keep Larkin after spending so much in FA last off-season to accelerate the rebuild (it was dumb spending but spending either way).

our next FA D signee will be Walman.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Mike Johnson on nhl network was also saying how he thinks the canes would be a perfect place for Larkin. He was very big on the caveat that he didn't have any knowledge and it was just his speculation but that he'd fit like a glove. I'd have to agree but I have a hard time believing Detroit lets him get away

He's not a 1C on a contender and Detroit is showing this year that they're further away than they signaled to everyone by signing a bunch of FAs in the offseason.

It will be years before they take the step and by then Larkin will be old with a big cap hit still not the 1C they need. Flipping him for assets to accelerate the rebuild would be smart.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Laine regularly hangs out with Teravainen and Aho when they're all on a break

Means jack shit
Are you making that up about Laine? I don't follow his social media a lot but I've seen a few times him with Barkov, but don't see him a lot with Aho nor do I get the impression that the two of them are that close, but again, I don't follow the social media stuff of these guys at all so I wouldn't know for sure.

Anyhow, it doesn't mean "jack shit". It also doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion either. It's a consideration that is one of many, but one that's in NJ's favor. I still think NJ is the favorite for a lot of reasons, but by no means a lock.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Are you making that up about Laine? I don't follow his social media a lot but I've seen a few times him with Barkov, but don't see him a lot with Aho nor do I get the impression that the two of them are that close, but again, I don't follow the social media stuff of these guys at all so I wouldn't know for sure.

Anyhow, it doesn't mean "jack shit". It also doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion either. It's a consideration that is one of many, but one that's in NJ's favor. I still think NJ is the favorite for a lot of reasons, but by no means a lock.
we all know everyone in finland is friends with every other finnish person

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

There were a few videos last year of them hanging out when on break. Seem to remember a couple videos of them all together in some snowy sauna.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Toews to the Hurricanes for Jamieson Rees and a 2024 third-round pick — Raymond K.

Who says no:
Carolina

It doesn’t sound like Toews is on the Hurricanes’ radar right now. The Hurricanes also often look to obtain players who can have a future with them. Toews probably doesn’t fit that category. Otherwise, it seems like an ideal trade. Rees, a forward, is the Wheeler’s sixth-ranked Hurricanes prospect and plays the sort of relentless game the Blackhawks are looking for in their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad