All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Part VIII - The Quest for a 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm curious, any more willingness to trade Jarvis now that he's hit a wall?

It's still hard to see a path to Chychrun without including an asset at that level.

Reactions: geehaad

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

It's still hard to see a path to Chychrun without including an asset at that level.
Not trading Jarvis. He's going to be so good. If he were like 6'1'' like he plays physically I don't even think anyone would entertain the thought. Plus he's on an ELC. We're more likely to move on from some other roster player(s) and other top prospects before moving him, IMO. But really, who knows with the borg. If they have a player they really like and feel the value is there, I could see it.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I still prefer Lindholm for a Cup run. He would just be a better fit for the defense right now. Chychrun really only makes sense to me if we can send Skjei the other way.
How do you figure?
Slavin-TDA
Chy-Pesce
Skjei-Bear/Cole

is top notched. To make Chy work we probably send Cole or Bear in the deal or to someone else.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
How do you figure?
Slavin-TDA
Chy-Pesce
Skjei-Bear/Cole

is top notched. To make Chy work we probably send Cole or Bear in the deal or to someone else.
It could work but the salaries of both going forward are what I'm worried about. Moot point I guess since I just realized Skjei has a M-NTC, and he's not going to accept going to Arizona.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

No, his ability to contribute in the top 6 on an ELC is necessary for this team. Yes he's slowed down lately but I have no doubts he'll be a key piece in the top 6 for this team the next several years.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
There are only a select few players that I would trade Jarvis for. I've mentioned Jesper Bratt before, but yes, he'd be one of them. Joel Farabee would be another one, despite his off-year. Also, maybe I would trade him in an alternate universe where someone like Elias Pettersson or Roope Hintz happened to be available. Obviously I'm not saying that they are, but that's the kind of player that it would require, at least to me. Trading Jarvis for Chychrun, even though I'm pretty sure Chychrun may be worth it, seems too risky for me at this time, just because his contract is a bit shorter than someone like Farabee's and it's tough to say whether his off-year is about him or about the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: chaz4hockey

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Does a burrito not contain dough, sauce and cheese? And you said "any which way", so...
In this instance I was talking specifically about typical pizzas. Don’t turn it into one of those is a hot dog a sandwich type things. And besides, sauce and cheese rolled up in a tortilla doesn’t even come close to being a burrito. That’s what a broke stoner eats at 3 in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad