All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Part VIII - The Quest for a 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
@AhosDatsyukian "Certainly possible I tend to think the players would pick Aho though just since he's more fiery and vocal. Slavin fits better as an A. Just my opinion, and we won't actually know anything until they announce it."

replying here since the other tread is closed. Would they need that fiery type as captain? Rod's got that covered fairly well already. :madfire:

Reactions: geehaad

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn’t mind Miller once he gets healthy! Apparently the Sabres want a 1st for him, but I want to win the lottery, we all want things. I’d happily give up a 2nd. (Also we don’t have a 1st.)

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
@AhosDatsyukian "Certainly possible I tend to think the players would pick Aho though just since he's more fiery and vocal. Slavin fits better as an A. Just my opinion, and we won't actually know anything until they announce it."

replying here since the other tread is closed. Would they need that fiery type as captain? Rod's got that covered fairly well already. :madfire:

Fair but I still think Aho is just a better C than Slavin. We shall find out eventually.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I have my doubts that Dallas doesn't just own-rental Klingberg. Edmonton is in the midst of an epic collapse, and Dallas has played well for several weeks now. I agree that Colin Miller is the more likely acquisition for Carolina.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I wouldn’t mind Miller once he gets healthy! Apparently the Sabres want a 1st for him, but I want to win the lottery, we all want things. I’d happily give up a 2nd. (Also we don’t have a 1st.)

That's generous in a normal year. This is an unusually deep class of UFA to be D. Giordano, Chiarot, Leddy and Ristolainen are all on non-playoff teams. Klingberg may move despite Dallas' position in the standings. If a slipping Anaheim chooses to sell, add Lindholm and Manson to the mix. With only so many buyers, there's potential for a squeeze. A 2nd could be the winning centerpiece for a quality rental in 2022.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That's generous in a normal year. This is an unusually deep class of UFA to be D. Giordano, Chiarot, Leddy and Ristolainen are all on non-playoff teams. Klingberg may move despite Dallas' position in the standings. If a slipping Anaheim chooses to sell, add Lindholm and Manson to the mix. With only so many buyers, there's potential for a squeeze. A 2nd could be the winning centerpiece for a quality rental in 2022.

Hey, I’ll take him for a 3rd too!

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011

Exactly. The only guys that I see getting firsts are Klingberg and Lindholm. Maaaaaaaybe Manson, though that was more likely last year.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Very quiet draft if the 1st, 2nd, and own 3rd (have Chicago’s 3rd) are all gone.

Well sure with that attitude.

But hey, turn that Chicago 3rd into 2 4ths, turn those 3 4ths into 6 5ths, turn those 7 5ths into 14 6ths, and with 15 total 6ths by golly we could have the entire 7th round if we play our cards right.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Well sure with that attitude.

But hey, turn that Chicago 3rd into 2 4ths, turn those 3 4ths into 6 5ths, turn those 7 5ths into 14 6ths, and with 15 total 6ths by golly we could have the entire 7th round if we play our cards right.

Part of the reason that the Canes traded down so much last draft was because teams legitimately had no clue about the 2021 draft. The 2022 draft is viewed as incredibly deep, so trade-down opportunities are not going to be as fruitful. They certainly will try to get at least a couple in there, however.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I wonder how much the Flyers would want for Risto? He seems like he might be a good low cost option for a RHD with some size. I know his numbers don’t look good, but going from last year’s Buffalo to this year’s Philly is probably not going to make them look good.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I wonder how much the Flyers would want for Risto? He seems like he might be a good low cost option for a RHD with some size. I know his numbers don’t look good, but going from last year’s Buffalo to this year’s Philly is probably not going to make them look good.
Of all the presumed available RS defenders, he has some of the worst numbers across offense and defense combined. He is worth below replacement level.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@Captain Dave Poulin elucidate this fool

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Hi, friend. First of all, I don't think you are a fool - @Surrounded By Ahos eats raw meat, so he probably has brain worms or some shit. As to what we would want for Fisto, I would take any of the following - a bag of pucks, 10 American dollars, a dirty old bedsheet pulled from beneath an unclean woman, the leaf ends of a bunch of carrots, or a gift certificate for Blockbuster Video.

What I would ask you is twofold. Who told you that Fisto would be a good option for anything, and would you like my associate @Beef Invictus to beat him up?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fistof***en' is not a good option for anything. His mind has the horsepower of a McDonald's happy meal toy. If he has more than one thing to account for, his brain goes to distorted static before the breaker pops to keep it from catching fire. He can only play defense in one-on-one situations, which he only gets into very occasionally and by luck; I think he's only successfully forced a possession change from that once this year. When he tries to veer away from the crease to engage in normal NHL defense, he gets confused and ends up standing in the middle of a team playing keep-away around him until they get a prime scoring chance as he spins in place. For this reason it appears our coaches have tasked him with standing 6 inches outside of the crease while his partner plays both halves of the ice along with the center. It's comical watching him back up from the offensive zone until he feels Hart breathing on his neck, yielding all ice in front of him unchallenged, while he stands there often all alone with no opposing players anywhere around him, being totally useless but mercifully out of the way and not confusing everyone with his botched coverage reads.

He is also total shit at moving the puck up ice, and despite being billed as an offensive dman is only average at offense on a good day. "Average" is his ceiling, and he is usually not at his ceiling. Sometimes he makes a good read to jump up and keep a cycle alive. Maybe once a game he'll make a good pass, maybe.

He is not good. You do not want that. We'll take a first for him please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad