Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Hmmm, from the highlights, Sikura seems to be around the blue paint a lot, which the big club desperately needs.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Interesting that both Franson and JC mention Luke Johnson as someone who who’ll be a good NHL player and is flying under the radar. Has his speed improved?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I could see the Hogs vs the Marlies in the Calder Cup final, don't see a team in Rockford's conference that can beat them at this point.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think it's a good time to remind everyone about the Traverse City tournament last year. You guys/gals remember that? Colliton (with help from DeBrincat) lead the team to victory.

Now Colliton's doing the same almost a year later with close to the same roster. Either our prospects are better than we've been led to believe, or JC is one hell of a coach....it's probably the latter.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Odd thought, but what are the chances that Rockford's success may make a local TV network pick up the rights to air games on TV next season? The Wolves have a TV deal, you'd think the Hogs could get something. Hell, put them on whatever the hell CSN+ is being called nowadays when they don't have anything else to air. It might not be economically viable, but I can't imagine that the Wolves being televised would be either.

This team has much better players on it than last year's team did. Collision deserves credit, but this team is fast, skilled and good defensively, last year's team was full of garbage.

Is this a response to my comment that's above yours? Because I'm the only one who brought up Colliton, but I didn't really compare this team to the one Rockford had last year. I just brought JC up because he started his tenure here with a bang and he's continued on with that now. Sure, he could've had a harder time with the roster they had last year, but I'm simply saying that it's impressive what he's done here his first year.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah it's nothing close to the same roster. The 3LD and a couple centers in Johnson and Kero return. Nobody else was a regular last year is still playing for them, either they were promoted and stayed up like Hino/Gus/Jurco or benched/shipped like Norrel/Pokka.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Not to be a buzz kill but just because the team is doing well doesn't mean prospects are "better than we think". The defense is loaded with tweener NHL veteran D. Franson, Clendenning are unreal AHL D. Svedberg is good at that level too.

The exciting prospects are Forsling, Colliton, Delia and Hayden in that order. Otherwise from a Hawks perpective nothing is really that exciting to me.

Obviously awesome they are doing well, though, and I'll be following along.

Aggen

May 11, 2012
I remember when Colliton was presented as the next headcoach for Icehogs, I came onto this forum and described him as a unique both person and coach. He came to Sweden, no experience, he coached the team with the lowest salary cap of the entire league and made them advance. The club director described him as "The smartest person I've ever met, both brain and socially.". I was fortunate to follow him closely as Mora is "my" team. All I can say is that Im not surprised with the steps that Icehogs have taken this year. I'm absolutely positive that if Colliton gets a headcoach position in the NHL, he's gonna do magnificent there also.

This team has much better players on it than last year's team did. Collision deserves credit, but this team is fast, skilled and good defensively, last year's team was full of garbage.

I can tell that's exactly how it went with the team he coached in Mora, from being described as somewhat garbage, to "fast, skilled and good defensively". I wonder how that correlates

Reactions: Blue Liner

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not to be a buzz kill but just because the team is doing well doesn't mean prospects are "better than we think". The defense is loaded with tweener NHL veteran D. Franson, Clendenning are unreal AHL D. Svedberg is good at that level too.

The exciting prospects are Forsling, Colliton, Delia and Hayden in that order. Otherwise from a Hawks perpective nothing is really that exciting to me.

Obviously awesome they are doing well, though, and I'll be following along.

Forsling, Delia, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Sikura, Ejdsell, Snuggy, Raddysh... there's more than just those you listed...

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I can tell that's exactly how it went with the team he coached in Mora, from being described as somewhat garbage, to "fast, skilled and good defensively". I wonder how that correlates
Look at the rosters from last year to this year. The team has completely changed. Shouldn't even be compared really. Kudos to JC for making it work, but to say it's all him is silly.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Look at the rosters from last year to this year. The team has completely changed. Shouldn't even be compared really. Kudos to JC for making it work, but to say it's all him is silly.

I don't think anyone said it's all him, including the person you quoted. :thumbu:

But he definitely deserves some credit, based upon his track record in Sweden, as well as in Rockford now.

They went from like 3rd worst in the entire AHL last season, to playing for the Calder Cup. That's not just on the roster, but coaching plays a big part in it also.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
All are playing well but these two in particular are having excellent postseasons.

Delia carried it from the end of the RS if I'm not mistaken, also. I thought he had some ridiculous numbers to finish it out the last 10-12 games, which is why Cort got so pissed when he was called up and almost got injured.

I think both could be big pieces for the Hawks in the next year or two. I expect Ejdsell will be a solid contributor for the Hawks just next season. He was an underrated piece in the Hartman deal, IMO. Nashville fans liked him, and didn't like seeing him moved.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Delia carried it from the end of the RS if I'm not mistaken, also. I thought he had some ridiculous numbers to finish it out the past 10-12 games, which is why Cort got so pissed when he was called up and almost got injured.

I think both could be big pieces for the Hawks in the next year or two. I expect Ejdsell will be a solid contributor for the Hawks just next season. He was an underrated piece in the Hartman deal. Nashville fans liked him, and didn't like seeing him moved.

Yeah I believe just prior to and then after his call-up he was on a tear and it's continued right through the playoffs.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad