Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’m completely laughing at you guys trying to figure out heights based on photos of guys in gear, legs apart, and slightly hunched over as one’s posture has to be on skates, arguing over a half an inch like it has any meaning whatsoever in a game.

Barring Keith lined up next to a tape, I’ll take the first hand account of Spectra until someone provides better proof.

It’s easy to see the outliers on either side of the height thing. However, anyone between about 5’10” and 6’2” height wise are for all intents and purposes about equal on ice. I’ve never noticed +/- a few inches while skating.

The real difference is in the build...bulky, skinny, muscular, flabby, etc... Keith has always looked very lean...wiry even.

Well, to be fair, the picture I posted, all three have solid posture, and are basically standing still, so they're not really crouched down much, knees bent much, etc. Only one who seems to be dipping his neck a little bit is Toews. And it's not like I was trying to figure out an exact height from it, just a comparison. And for all intents and purposes, comparing those three next to each other(really any way you look at that image) it's obvious that the 6'2(listed) Toews has at least a couple inches or more on both Keith and Kane, and that Keith is far closer to the 5'10" Kane than the 6'2" Toews. Keith is also wiry and lean, as you described. He's not a big D. Not by a long shot. Not even close. Not sure why this is still an argument. Keith has always been a quick/fast, wiry, lean, maybe average-height D, IMO.

Go find any picture of Keith and Kane next to each other, btw. Not just that one. You'll see that they're far closer in height than Keith and Toews.

Patrick+Kane+Duncan+Keith+Ice+Hockey+Day+17+sWcEdJLbpr2l.jpg

assistant-coach-mike-haviland-patrick-kane-duncan-keith-patrick-sharp-picture-id108625314

SCJ10_03f.jpg

Please tell me that Keith is 6'1 and 200lbs some more... The last picture is basically irrefutable. He might crack 6'0, just barely. Leno is listed at 5'11 and Keith looks like has has maybe fractions of an inch on him. The second picture above, Sharpie is listed at 6'1, and he's obviously a bit taller than Keith, by at least a half inch.

I mean... Keith is not a big D. He's never played like a big D, for the most part. Not sure how someone can argue he's "not small", honestly. I'd say the guy is probably 6'0 and 180lbs, at most.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yes, let's use the listed sizes(which are always exaggerated for every single NHL player), as opposed to just using our eyes.

Not directed specifically at you, Hawkaholic, but I don't know how anyone can refute that Keith is not "big", in any way.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes, let's use the listed sizes(which are always exaggerated for every single NHL player), as opposed to just using our eyes.

Not directed specifically at you, Hawkaholic, but I don't know how anyone can refute that Keith is not "big", in any way.
It's listed on Google, NHL.com, wikipedia, hockeydb, TSN, and the Blackhawks official training camp roster as him being 185cm, or 6'-1". They measure these guys at camp every year with a tape measure.

I'm not saying Keith is big, but he isn't small.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's listed on Google, NHL.com, wikipedia, hockeydb, TSN, and the Blackhawks official training camp roster as him being 185cm, or 6'-1". They measure these guys at camp every year with a tape measure.

I just mean that every single player in the history of the NHL is listed as bigger than they are, at least in comparison to all the NHLers I've ever met.

I'm around 5'11 or 6'. I have been standing near Kane and Shaw both... and neither are 5'11 or 5'10 as reported, IMO.

And yeah, he's not a smurf, but he's definitely not "big" for an NHL D. I don't think he's the 200lbs he's listed at. And I don't think he's the 6'1 he's listed at either. Just my opinion.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

It's pretty much this. Hughes is small. DeBrincat is small. Gerbe is small. Keith isn't small. Keith isn't big.

EDIT: He's built like a tank, however.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Keith is roughly the same height as me, and I would have considered myself average height when I played compared to the majority of hockey players. Definitely not small.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I am happy indeed! I'm so proud of these players. They went on one hell of a run to clinch this spot. They've been damn near unbeatable lately, with few exceptions. They're clicking at the right time. Even if they don't go all the way, this season is still a huge success with a new coach and a super young roster.
Can't understate the importance of Franson and Bouma for this team, though. They've been incredible.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Not likely that we win a lot to for any of the top 3 spots...but if we did magically get #2 or #3 then FYI ....Halifax which was a 4 seed got swept by Charlottetown a 9th seed to lose their series 4-0 in the Q playoffs. ..so Zadina 's season ends unless the Czechs pick him for the World Championships ...he is too old to go to the World u-18s given his late 1999 birthday. ..But Svechnikov can go to the world u-18s I believe since they allow any 2000 born to play in it ..
His Barrie team is down 3-1 to Kingston (again a lower seed than Barrie in the OHL East playoffs..But if they come back to win the series somehow then it would extend Svechnikov onto another playoff series and so he might not be able to play in the World u-18s which start soon..If they lose Game 5z tonight April 13th then he could go and star at the Worldvu-18s ...such a shocks could make him the #2 puck as Zadina may not get anymore time before the scouts this season. .though as I said if he is picked by the Czechs for the World Men's Championships tans shines there it could move Zadina to the #2 spot .

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Dennis Gilbert who I frequently all year have seen ignored in weird ways in prospect discussions signed and is added to the Icehogs.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Dennis Gilbert who I frequently all year have seen ignored in weird ways in prospect discussions signed and is added to the Icehogs.

To your point, hours after this is announced still no thread or other posts about it. haha. Good boost for Rockford and will be interesting to see him in the pro game. As an NHL'er I think he's a bottom-pairing guy but should be a solid, reliable one.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Jokiharju scored last night but Portland lost 3-2 to Everett to lose their series 4-1 and so Henri's season is over ...
He had 4G 5a in 12 playoff games ...BUT the concerning thing is that he was -8 which equalled his -8 from the 2016/17 season playoffs ...sure +/- is not just an individual Stat. ..team on the ice with him could be more responsible for the ES goals against. ..Still...this should be a caution about him needing to work on the defensive aspects especially given that playoffs up the intestinal of competition and so do not expect him to be a defensive saviour right out of the box into the NHL. ..yes he was +47 in the regular season ..but still when the competition got tougher I'm playoffs he was unable to be a factor in prevention of goals against his team ..again maybe not his fault alone ..but still we need to temper enthusiasm and realize he was drafted for offense first and PMD but still ll with to do to be NHL Co me tent defensively ...So I think putting pressure on him to.make the Hawks as a 19 yr old and be totally "ready-made be asking a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->