Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
The Hawks will play in the championship as long as New York loses.

Edit: If New York loses in regulation or wins in overtime, Chicago is automatically in the championship. If not, they do it by goals scored and seeing as the Hawks just scored 9, I think it's all but official that it'll be Columbus vs Chicago tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Detroit up 4-1 with a minute left. Looks like the Hawks are playing in the championship tomorrow. Cool beans.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Snuggerud and Press on top of what we have up the totem pole definitely eases any lingering concerns I had about the D. There's others too, I don't follow this like most of you but it was fun watching them. It's gonna be really competitive these next couple years, one of these guys is gonna max it out and become a strong top 4 D, like a name player. The prospect depth on D is very promising, Bowman planted a lot of seeds. I like that approach. In the ultimate scenario on this one, you're dealing out excess quality young D instead of forwards. I remember he said it at the draft too, it seems like D value is going up so I'm gonna get a bunch.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
looks as the RFD is going to be a rocking barn, with the young prospects.... hope they can take it to the next level.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Powers said months ago that Bowman and brass were high on Snuggerud. After tonight, I certainly see why.

Plays a lot like Leddy (also is buds with Led-Pipe and grew up in the same town). An awful lot of similarities between the two.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Brinksy 3 games 3 goals 2 assists, a fight + and - on the +, 2W1L
and a chanche to win it,not bad at all,go Brinksy.

I think this is good practise for the preseason,finish with a strong game,
continue this to the preseason and stick it to the doubters by taking
your spot because youve earned it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
no offense but who was saying that garbage.

If you go on the main board on here... "National Hockey League Talk" or the "Trade Rumors and Free Agents" board... the general consensus by all of HF is that the Hawks have garbage prospects and a garbage system. :laugh:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If you go on the main board on here... "National Hockey League Talk" or the "Trade Rumors and Free Agents" board... the general consensus by all of HF is that the Hawks have garbage prospects and a garbage system. :laugh:

:D yeah, i now know what you are saying. my bad, i thought you were referring a post someone on the Bhawks site stated this. i should have known better than to assume that.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Caught the 3rd period of last game... and several minutes of first two games...

Kampf and Fortin standout to me... size, skating (quick/agile), and both are relentless forecheckers... Best Forecheckers I have seen in Hawk jerseys- since Frolik - ( I loved Frolik- Unsung hero/player- capable of 20 g's everywhere else- but "role" player for Hawks).

Kampf- while on the PK- was 1 on 3 in Canes zone- and skated the Canes into a stand still trying to exit their own zone... Now I have seen Kruger or Hossa- muck it on boards on PK for 30 seconds... but I don't remember many players actually skating into passing lanes- 3 or 4 times in that type of situation...

Kampf - has also made several nice set-ups for grade A chances... Don't know if I have actually seen him shoot ( Maybe Frolik type shot - too - with plastic stick-LOL)

Noticed Hawks on PK- being completely different than Q's PK/Hawks from last several years.... pressured and attacked almost every player with the puck... much more aggressive... we will see if that is a "real" change in Coaching Philosophy OR just Prospect/style?

Cramarossa- gonna be Fortin 2017???

In 40 minutes of viewing- I would rank the Forwards

kampf
D-Cat
Fortin
Cramarossa

D-Guys
Press
Snuggy

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Have you been to the main boards?

not really, the only place, other than this site was the trade site. then i got tired of the ..... ummm lack of intelligent thinking. pls, i am not trying to be a snob, but that is the best i can say it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
not really, the only place, other than this site was the trade site. then i got tired of the ..... ummm lack of intelligent thinking. pls, i am not trying to be a snob, but that is the best i can say it.

Nothing wrong with avoiding the main boards.

I try my best to avoid it. Only time I'm really on there is when the Hawks board here is dragging ass with no activity. And even then... it's a chore to read and respond.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Caught the 3rd period of last game... and several minutes of first two games...

Kampf and Fortin standout to me... size, skating (quick/agile), and both are relentless forecheckers... Best Forecheckers I have seen in Hawk jerseys- since Frolik - ( I loved Frolik- Unsung hero/player- capable of 20 g's everywhere else- but "role" player for Hawks).

Kampf- while on the PK- was 1 on 3 in Canes zone- and skated the Canes into a stand still trying to exit their own zone... Now I have seen Kruger or Hossa- muck it on boards on PK for 30 seconds... but I don't remember many players actually skating into passing lanes- 3 or 4 times in that type of situation...

Kampf - has also made several nice set-ups for grade A chances... Don't know if I have actually seen him shoot ( Maybe Frolik type shot - too - with plastic stick-LOL)

Noticed Hawks on PK- being completely different than Q's PK/Hawks from last several years.... pressured and attacked almost every player with the puck... much more aggressive... we will see if that is a "real" change in Coaching Philosophy OR just Prospect/style?

Cramarossa- gonna be Fortin 2017???

In 40 minutes of viewing- I would rank the Forwards

kampf
D-Cat
Fortin
Cramarossa

D-Guys
Press
Snuggy

great info, i like the write up.

to all ~~~~ beside D-cat, does any forward look promising of a top 6 forward ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Nothing wrong with avoiding the main boards.

I try my best to avoid it. Only time I'm really on there is when the Hawks board here is dragging ass with no activity. And even then... it's a chore to read and respond.

i can't stand reading garbage ..... so i quickly avoid things like that.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
great info, i like the write up.

to all ~~~~ beside D-cat, does any forward look promising of a top 6 forward ??

As straight up "Top 6"... probably- No

But- like a Frolik or Shaw... could they play up for 15-25 games- when someone is injured or Q wants to shake things up... In this order- Fortin/Kampf/Cramarossa... sure. (besides D-Cat... who still is a "lurker"/Capitalist type- with sneaky quick release)

Guessing they all would be better/checking/annoying bottom 6 players... but Who knows how they will fair versus NHL boys...

Also- Kampf??? Thought he was listed wing- but He has been playing Center- seems to be holding his own at Dot... and really love his Forecheck... decent playmaking to...

Knott- I was very negative on him- 2 years ago... thought he improved a lot over last year... seems to drive the net- religiously ... decent speed.

Cramarossa- Oddly enough... undrafted kid... who seems to always show up at right place/time... ( I haven't even seen one of his goals- in little action I have watched... but the kid- seems to have that Knack (kinda Shaw like)) which tells me
High IQ

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012

But- like a Frolik or Shaw... could they play up for 15-25 games- when someone is injured or Q wants to shake things up... In this order- Fortin/Kampf/Cramarossa... sure. (besides D-Cat... who still is a "lurker"/Capitalist type- with sneaky quick release)

Guessing they all would be better/checking/annoying bottom 6 players... but Who knows how they will fair versus NHL boys...

Also- Kampf??? Thought he was listed wing- but He has been playing Center- seems to be holding his own at Dot... and really love his Forecheck... decent playmaking to...

Knott- I was very negative on him- 2 years ago... thought he improved a lot over last year... seems to drive the net- religiously ... decent speed.

Cramarossa- Oddly enough... undrafted kid... who seems to always show up at right place/time... ( I haven't even seen one of his goals- in little action I have watched... but the kid- seems to have that Knack (kinda Shaw like)) which tells me
High IQ

I'm in agreement with most of this. I think Knott needs draw work but he's looked good so far.

Cramarossa is not on the training camp roster so I don't know what his future is. However, his IQ has always been praised, it's his finishing ability that has held him back. Doesn't seem to be a problem this week though.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

High IQ

you really have an in-dept knowledge of the young prospects. many thanks for the info.

seem to me, the system is kinda of loaded with bottom 3 and it might stretch to bottom 6 ..... unfortunately not enuf of the top 6.

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
How has Pelletier looked? I watched him at Norwich and he was dynamite. I always hope anyone from a D3 School has a chance at the NHL.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
How has Pelletier looked? I watched him at Norwich and he was dynamite. I always hope anyone from a D3 School has a chance at the NHL.

Pelletier's speed is noticeable for sure... looks smaller than DCat... but faster than Louis- in few shifts I have seen... if the guy was near 6'0 - I would say he has very good chance...

IMO- in the limited viewing- 5th or 6th most noticeable (Mostly cuz speed) forward
in order-
Dcat
Kampf
Fortin
Cramarossa
Highmore/Pelletier

Knott/Louis/Bondra/Johnson

then the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events