Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
So I want to watch more IceHogs games this year to see what some of our prospects are up to. What is the general consensus on the AHL VoD service? Is there any other legal way that would be better?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
this is i hope the right thread to use.

early look for the 2018 nhl draft

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/07/23/top-15-2018-nhl-draft/
and
http://thehockeywriters.com/2018-nhl-draft-rankings-julys-top-31/

also a Q+A with this sports writer on D-cat-chi rook and an interesting comparison of this draft vs 2017 top draft picks.

http://thehockeywriters.com/2018-nhl-draft-rankings-julys-top-31/

the hockey writers.com top 31 rankings for 2018 that were I'm that article egregiously left off Evan Bouchard of the London Knights a RD (Right Shot) 6'2 191 already stud D-man who had 11 g and 33 a last season in London and was +30...This kid impressed me a lot when I saw Knights games last season ...Future Considerations ranks hom #18 for the 2018 draft..I like his potential a lit more than Henrik Jokiharju who we too as our first rounder tjis past draft ...I think size wise and I the overall game including g defending he is a better player ...

However our need is for more Centers with talent in the pipeline..Luckily the 2018 draft contains lots of Centers who are first round material as you can see from the top 31 in the hockey writers.com list..Yet depending how well ir not we finish and advance in the playoffs and thus how how or late in round 1 we draft ,if Bouchard is there for us ,even though we loaded up on RD last draft,he coukd be too tempting to pass up ...He has the potential to be a stud #1 D in my opinion.It will be interesting to see where he is ranked by Final Rankings of the various sources doing such lists...I expect Bouchard to have a monster year this season for London.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the hockey writers.com top 31 rankings for 2018 that were I'm that article egregiously left off Evan Bouchard of the London Knights a RD (Right Shot) 6'2 191 already stud D-man who had 11 g and 33 a last season in London and was +30...This kid impressed me a lot when I saw Knights games last season ...Future Considerations ranks hom #18 for the 2018 draft..I like his potential a lit more than Henrik Jokiharju who we too as our first rounder tjis past draft ...I think size wise and I the overall game including g defending he is a better player ...

However our need is for more Centers with talent in the pipeline..Luckily the 2018 draft contains lots of Centers who are first round material as you can see from the top 31 in the hockey writers.com list..Yet depending how well ir not we finish and advance in the playoffs and thus how how or late in round 1 we draft ,if Bouchard is there for us ,even though we loaded up on RD last draft,he coukd be too tempting to pass up ...He has the potential to be a stud #1 D in my opinion.It will be interesting to see where he is ranked by Final Rankings of the various sources doing such lists...I expect Bouchard to have a monster year this season for London.

it wouldn't surprise me if the mock draft prospects would get change alot from now and until draft day, esp those outside the top 5.

i just like following it and get a feel for this draft. granted i am a fan who enjoys this.

thank for your update.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Traverse City Prospects Tournament runs Sept 8th -12 ...Hawks rookies play their first game against NYR rookies squad on the 8th at 7pm. Traverse City time ...

ALL tournament games will be live streamed using the Fox Sports Go app for residents of tge U.S.A....and also detroitredwongs.com will live stream all games regardless of geographic restrictions (but only play by play will be provided on the Detroit rookies games )...The article stating this that I read said All games on the Detroit Red Wings website will be streamed but perhaps they meant only alk the Detroit rookies games only?The reason I am not sure isvthat there are 2 rinks used and some games start with a short time of another game going on. .So will the Red Wings website steam both games going on in close proximity start times ? Or did they only mean that their website will stream all the Detroit rookies games only? This is important for those of us who do not live in the USA and cannot use the Fox Sports Go app so that we are limited to watch from the Red Wings website streams only....OR from the Blackhawks website IF they will stream the Hawks Rookie Squad's games there ...I have not seen any announcement yet on this ...nor have the Hawks announced their roster of our squad participating at the tournament ..but this should be coming soon.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Yeah, I saw that earlier when I was spotted an article about the Hawks on Yahoo or something. I really do think the Hawks D corps is going to surprise a lot of people this season. If they all pan out, I personally think it's a strong group.

Keith - Murphy
Kempny - Seabs
Forsling - Rutta

Oesterle
Gus
Snugg

Looks fine to me. :dunno:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So.now that our Traverse City Rookies squad roster is out. ...is this the year we finally win tjis tournament instead of finishing under-water as usual?

There are 5 invitee free agents...the rest are all Rockford players or system draftees yet unsigned whose rights we still own like Bondra ....DeBrincat Knott Fortin Kampf Highmore Noel Iacoppelli plus Luke Johnson Willlie Pelletier Anthony Louis ....Press Norrell Dahlstrom Snuggerud Raddysh ....In Goal : Delia Peters Tomkins...

5 invitee free agents: on D: Henley and Keane.... and Forwards : Cramarossa Caron and MAXIMOVICH. ..

Joey Keane was at our Summer prospects camp and I guess impressed enough for another look ...

Cramarossa had a good final OHL season as an overager and is a goid 2 way C ...
Kyle Maximpvoch is interesting g
.The undrafted Erie Otter who is 19 is another smurf at 5'8 174 ...but posted goid numbers for his role as mainly a 3rd liner for Erie mostly as a LW ...On some OHL teans he would have been a top six forwards with more prone. Minutes including pp..so his numbers coukd have been better had that been the case..He is a goid skater and is creative and will forecheck well..but his shot is not elite like DeBrincat and given the talent on Erie's top 2 lines it explains s why Maximovoch never got much featured time up.on the top six forwards exceot for injury replacement when needed.Given his size and lack of an elite shot he probably has a tough time getting an NHL contract but he should be at least a capable ahl player in my opinion..but I like his work ethic and creative ability to dig pucks out and make set ups from it. HE always impressed me when I watched Erie even though he was in lower line roles with lesser talent a lot of the time. HE has good hockeyvsense ..and that is half the battle right there.So may he seizes the chance at thus tornaments and gets signed to bat least a Rockford deal?

Anyway..I think we have enough talent this time to actually win the tournament
.especialky of goaltending does as well as expected.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, I saw that earlier when I was spotted an article about the Hawks on Yahoo or something. I really do think the Hawks D corps is going to surprise a lot of people this season. If they all pan out, I personally think it's a strong group.

Keith - Murphy
Kempny - Seabs
Forsling - Rutta

Oesterle
Gus
Snugg

Looks fine to me. :dunno:

We really need Murphy to play like he did at the Worlds. Keith-Murphy could be nasty together. We'll need them to be to win. Then the other two pairs, sure, maybe they won't be great but between the 2, you could have a below average 2nd pair and a top end 3rd pair. So nice depth for sure, deeper than most teams on the whole but yeah, they need that strong 1st pairing to carry the mail. So many unknowns, haven't been this excited for a season since 2015, for better or worse.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Maksimovich is definitely a guy to keep an eye on. Excellent playmaker; I was surprised he went undrafted even as an overager

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Users in the United States can download the FOX Sports Go app and stream every game of the tournament free of charge, regardless of cable or satellite provider. Look also for streams on team websites.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Users in the United States can download the FOX Sports Go app and stream every game of the tournament free of charge, regardless of cable or satellite provider. Look also for streams on team websites.

Nice, thanks for sharing BK.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

Did you copy that from somewhere? Sounds just like it came from a press release :laugh:
Edit: ah HA. I just read the link ;)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
i was looking at some links on hockey last nite and i came across this picture. talking about goalies before the mask era....

Terry Sawchuk

http://time.com/3878486/terry-sawchuk-a-face-only-a-hockey-puck-could-love/

really can't imagine how the old timers can do this, with the technology that has happen since then.

They could do it because they were crazy and stupid. Even with all the technology we have today it still hurts to get hit with a puck (at times) and your ear still ring when you get hit in the head. I wouldn't reccommend playing goalie to anyone.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
They could do it because they were crazy and stupid. Even with all the technology we have today it still hurts to get hit with a puck (at times) and your ear still ring when you get hit in the head. I wouldn't reccommend playing goalie to anyone.

it just that that picture of what the old timers had to go thru for the love of the game..... i remember seeing a hockey movie on the formation of the nhl union with Terrible Ted" Lindsay .... man i really appreciate the hockey players of today b/c of that movie.

can anyone, except you BK, b/c you played the position. can anyone imagine taking a slap shot to the face ???

i take my hat off to those players in a different era.

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
I'm a fan of Cramarossa's previous OHL team and was hoping to get some opinions on what Hawks fans think of him and his likelihood of getting a camp invite.

I've watched Caron and Maximovich as well and they have some talent. The latter is definitely a player I can see sticking with this organization.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As I said...Maximovoch woukd have put up a lot more points this past season if he played on another ohl team that would have given him top PP minutes and top 2 line duty
.but he was on a stacked Erie team and so got mostly 3rd line duty and very few pp opportunities ....he got s few games up line playing when a top six guy was injured or out of the lineup for other reasons...sp he was a role guy most of the time and not given a top gun or top playmaker role on tge club ...But he has good skating and playmaking and hockey sense abilities as I said..his shot is not elite ..and of course the size size ...BUT as we all know heart and work ethic can overcome a lot
..so because he can skate and has good hockey sense you cannot count him out..if the want is really strong ...we shall see..his chance to earn at lead an AHL contract to start a pro career.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Hawks will be streaming all the games our Rookies squad is playing at Traverse City on the Hawks website ...but like last year ...no pkay by play...so watch in silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad